Thread: Another Electric Guitar

Post Thanks / Like

Another Electric Guitar

Howdy mates,
    Promised to share more stuff I fumbled together so here we go,
    another pretentious project I bungled up.
    Wanted it to be Rock'n Roll so I searched my mind and mixed this stuff together,
    I like to incorporate small everyday items that might have some sense of underlaing meaning such as Keys. Arrite enough ramblings, heres how this one came out.

Name:  001_Shotgun Spider.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  90.0 KB
    Finished

Name:  002_Shotgun Spider.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  68.6 KB
    Pherhaps this shows better how the strings are the actually the spiders web/strings?

Name:  003_Shotgun Spider.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  75.8 KB
    Better shot of the Spider

Name:  004_Shotgun Spider.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  52.4 KB
    Spider from the side

I looked for more "instrument" pictures. Made a couple more Guitars at that time.
    However I can't find any pictures.
    (Sry, I suck at documenting stuff and I don't have the backupdrive anymore so I dunno if I somehow can salvage eventual pictures)
    Anyways I prolly bored you to death already mates.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this one.

Hope your having a wonderful weekend!
    Last edited by Silverbullit; 08-24-2019 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Giant Carrots with rayguns attacking from outer space

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another Electric Guitar

Man when I see things like that, I see nothing but pure talent.. Awesome project..

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool!! It gives a new meaning to blasting some chords!

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

That thing is crazy

Nice job
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmcnally View Post
    Very cool!! It gives a new meaning to blasting some chords!

Dave
    Hey Dave, do we pherhaps have a musical welder here? Thanks for your Cool comment mate!

Quote Originally Posted by manik View Post
    Man when I see things like that, I see nothing but pure talent.. Awesome project..
    You are way way to kind Manik, but I really do appreciate your kind words a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    That thing is crazy

Nice job
    Haha, thanks mate! I appreciate it!
    I saw some of your posts here before I dared post my fumblings back when I was a lurker, and I'm always pulled to your quote by GBS.
    Theres a couple that stuck in my mind, besides "the pile of incompetent politicians" quote and in particular this one
    “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” - George Bernard Shaw (Sry for my Swenglish translation)
    I do think a lot like that hoping one of these days I fumble together something that might pass as something special.
    Thanks again for your awesome feedback mate"
    Last edited by Silverbullit; 08-25-2019 at 12:37 PM. Reason: can't spell... also Giant Carrots with rayguns attacking from outer space!

Post Thanks / Like

But you can't play it! Put a plug, pickup, tuners and strings on and play it. With a metal neck you can probably make it fretless and not have to worry about scale length or grey spacing. Of course it looks good but I am a function over form guy who could care less about art.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaDundee View Post
    But you can't play it! Put a plug, pickup, tuners and strings on and play it. With a metal neck you can probably make it fretless and not have to worry about scale length or grey spacing. Of course it looks good but I am a function over form guy who could care less about art.
    Well mate, well I have to stop you there I'm afraid.
    At the time I made I think 6 guitars, one was actually playable as I robbed a Fender Stratocaster for parts.
    (I also have two more projects started, one will probably be a pure art piece and the other will be also be playable as friend came over with another Fender Stratocaster to plunder for parts tho I am certain he will carry home the finished piece no doubt.)
    I posted the
    Spider/Shotgun guitar
    Steam/Chainsaw guitar
    I'm totally empty in my head right now but there is also some others and I will see if I can find any pics
    (No promises, I cashed in my harddrive (and GPU) to finish a project and the memory card in my S7 choosed to croak that instant so I'm looking for backups here)
    There was also these
    Puppeteer (strings was the guitar strings)
    watercooling/steampunk
    what do you call "stötdämpare" in english? Shock absorbers? Anyway one was shockabsorbers/art deco'ish (Read chromed springs) with some wooden inlays and crap
    and the "working" one that I made out of as thin pieces of SS as possible with rock'n roll & ergonomic theme. This one is the reason I choose to make the two posted here the way I did, asked around and got some pointers from musicians about smooth "throats" or whatever it translates to in english and stuff of that sort.
    I'll see if I can dig up/save some pictures of them also to share here.
    (Btw, I'm already looking here for pictures as I wanted to share some trophys I made for a pinball tournament. So far I found pictures of 3 prices out of something like 20-25 items, many but exactly how many, but no pics of the "dandy" ones so far :/ )
    I'll give a hollar when I finished the last two, not on the prio list but eventually I get there and I'll let you assess. (Real sure the first sounded like crap, but it made noise so maybe that counts as working?)
    Oh and I dont follow the terminology there of gray spacing and such, (My english sux) but I measured and followed the size of the original Fender Stratocaster. There was some things that I had to correct using to thin metal, actually had to bend the "throat" slightly back to compensate for the strings and stuff like that. Did my best as the uneducated barbarian I am.
    Hope I did not ramble to much here, have a migrain and one of those days so I'm not thinking as my usual dull as a spoon self.
    Last edited by Silverbullit; 08-25-2019 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Giant Carrots with Ray-Guns attacking from outer space

Post Thanks / Like

That spider guitar is absolutely mind blowing!!! It's incredible how you transformed the spider at the end to the strings then to the web...I gotta show this to a friend who plays guitar...WOW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shortfuse View Post
    That spider guitar is absolutely mind blowing!!! It's incredible how you transformed the spider at the end to the strings then to the web...I gotta show this to a friend who plays guitar...WOW.
    Hi Shortfuse, your nick reminds me of something... yes my girlfriend Haha, just kidding.
    Seriously mate, thats some awesome feedback! And I really really appreciate your input no matter how little I deserve those awesome words. Really big thank you Shortfuse!

Post Thanks / Like

you truly do some exceptional work silverbullit! Cool idea with the spider and webs for the strings. You are a great example of it being about the talent, and sweat and not the tools. You not only have great artistic vision but it takes quite a bit of mechanical talent to get the shapes, textures, and finishes your pieces have - even with all the tools in the world available.

Post Thanks / Like

If I ever write a song titled double barrel black widow blues I'll credit you as a co writer~!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBlues View Post
    you truly do some exceptional work silverbullit! Cool idea with the spider and webs for the strings. You are a great example of it being about the talent, and sweat and not the tools. You not only have great artistic vision but it takes quite a bit of mechanical talent to get the shapes, textures, and finishes your pieces have - even with all the tools in the world available.
    Thank you my friend, your kind words and support mean a lot to me and is a big part of giving me the courage to showing more projects.
    Especially means a lot since you have the insight behind the work when there are no tools and just sweat and stuborness.
    I want to believe I could do stuff faster and better when I get my hands on a tool or two
    Thanks again SlowBlues!

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBlues View Post
    If I ever write a song titled double barrel black widow blues I'll credit you as a co writer~!
    Haha, yeah I would like that!

Post Thanks / Like

Airbrush Question for you pros!
    Does anybody use one of those dohickeys to detail, tattoo, weather and motif paint designs to your sculptures?

I'm split between finishing another guitar because it's cold snowy and dark here, or just paint some crap. (Easier on the darn arthritis)

Mebbe next time I post a painting if thats allowed?

Post Thanks / Like

That spider is super cool. Actually, pretty much all of your stuff has been pretty cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow man your artistic creations are on another level. Thumbs up.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PDXsparky View Post
    That spider is super cool. Actually, pretty much all of your stuff has been pretty cool.
    Thanks PDXsparky, that is some very kind feedback mate. I dont think I'm worthy of such high praise but I really appreciate it. T h a n k y o u mate, made my day!

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    Wow man your artistic creations are on another level. Thumbs up.
    Hi my friend, I dunno what to say. Much to kind but your awesome feedback really means a lot to me, it both makes me happy and it inspires me to fumble more stuff together!