+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thor the God of Thunder & Lightning vs.the Serpent of Midgard - Jörmangund

Post Thanks / Like

Thor the God of Thunder & Lightning vs.the Serpent of Midgard - Jörmangund

Howdy mates,

I have a little more confidence after your kind words and awesome support.
    As you asked me to share some more stuff I fumbled together I'll take a dare and show you.
    "Thor the God of Thunder & Lightning vs.the Serpent of Midgard - Jörmungandr".
    Always liked mythology and now and then I fumble something together.

A question mates, should I just post a pic of the finished bungle-ups or do you wish to see build pics?

For now I put a lot of pics up in this thread-starter,
    PLZ notice that everything is 100% Stainless Steel !

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 1473
Size:  71.4 KB
    Tried to draw some straight lines around a tubing by rolling a large piece of paper around and lining up the edges.

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 1471
Size:  83.1 KB
    Angle grinder time! Can't remember, think I cut 2-300 rings.

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 1453
Size:  23.9 KB
    My thought was to line the rings up with some lengtgoing flat irons.

Name:  004.jpg
Views: 1469
Size:  23.4 KB
    My boss (as in G/F) tells me that drawing is incomprehensible and also my explanation under it, so heres one more with added rings for my girlfrie... I mean for you guys!

Name:  005.jpg
Views: 1449
Size:  74.2 KB
    Arrite, i grabbed the vacumcleaner tube and some stuff to elaborate for my g/f wuzz going on here, NO! I mean for YOU mates! *she's pulling my hair now! (Yes a mean hair in singularis, I'm a dude fastly approaching the 50 limit and I only have one hair! )

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thor the God of Thunder & Lightning vs.the Serpent of Midgard - Jörmangund

cont'd,

Name:  006.jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  37.3 KB
    Arrite since you praised my drawing skills

Name:  007.jpg
Views: 1339
Size:  36.5 KB
    Wait, maybe a close-up make it better? Haha,
    No seriously, I like to undersell my "vision" of my fumblings as so not disappoint everybody more then necessary.
    So thats why the pic looks like this.
    Oh btw the measure there of the diameter of the tubing is incorrect, it was an guesstimation but not far off.
    I guessed 30cm there on paper but it turned out to be something like 36cm in diameter I think? (36cm is something like +14 inches)

Name:  008.jpg
Views: 1349
Size:  81.8 KB
    I made the bottom fixture from a just under 1 inch plate and 10 holes for expanderbolts, in the end I opened up another 6 extra holes on top of those. (16 all together)

Name:  009.jpg
Views: 1347
Size:  91.1 KB
    An important tool of mine, the broom to support my thingie

Name:  010.jpg
Views: 1350
Size:  93.1 KB
    Arrite as you can see the broom got broom-napped and the hole thing fell flat on the concrete floor :/

Post Thanks / Like

Man you are doing some crazy cool A$$ artwork thumbs up.
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 08-27-2019 at 02:08 AM.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

cont'd,

Name:  011.jpg
Views: 1349
Size:  100.0 KB
    Scales man, Scales!!! Holy F, this will take F O R E V E R !

Name:  012.jpg
Size:  72.3 KB
    Had some thoughts to make it look like an eye from above/bird perspective. But well see...
    Anyways, cant lift for **** so I stick a plank in it and roll it. Can sit pretty comfy on my desktop chair to clamp down each scale so thats nice.

Name:  014.jpg
Size:  69.8 KB
    Starting on the God of Thunder and Lightning, Thor. I'll try a flat nose like a boxer might have to emphasize the whole "croak in combat to reach Valhalla" thing.

Name:  015.jpg
Views: 1354
Size:  92.1 KB
    Helmut time? Everybody heard that Vikings dont have horn on their helmets and my momma don't have a coffypot. No seriously, thats moms coffypot - she's still looking for it so don't say anything for the love of Norse Gods!

Name:  016.jpg
Views: 1348
Size:  68.4 KB
    Something like this on...

Post Thanks / Like

cont'd,

Oh gosh, I'm drownin you sisters and brothers in crappy pics don't I?
    (I can't help but think of when somebody pulls out the family vacation album and people snooze off like they got smacked on their heads)

Name:  016b.jpg
Views: 1347
Size:  46.5 KB
    I wanted to be really REALLY effin certain everything is SS Stainless Steel.
    So I put a trail out from candy to my trunk and lured the metal recycling guy home with me to check each piece with his raygun.
    Yeah it is one of them radioactive thingies so I hope my balls don't glow in the dark now... hey wait, I don't need the nightlite anymore! *WOHOOO!*
    Thats the chemical structure of the alloy, did this for each peace in the work doublechecked to be sure.

Name:  017.jpg
Views: 1342
Size:  79.4 KB
    Wanted Thor to scream his warcry in fury... hey wait, wtf is he doin? Is he tryin to give someone a BJ? *omg... he looks like a blowfish*

Name:  018.jpg
Views: 1332
Size:  76.5 KB
    Oh Cheezus X Crike, this just gets worse and worse does'nt it?

Name:  019.jpg
Size:  110.3 KB
    I'll do what I always do when I notice trouble, I change subject!
    Look mates, a snakehead!

Name:  020.jpg
Size:  104.3 KB
    Theres a reason for this layout, here a bit from the side you might catch the snake-eye?

Post Thanks / Like

cont'd,

Name:  021.jpg
Views: 1327
Size:  186.7 KB
    The reason? Do you think the Valkyries had heavy metal torsos like this?

Name:  022.jpg
Views: 1328
Size:  94.7 KB
    Speaking of Torsos, here's some manboobs.
    I sculpted the body by cutting away stuff...

Name:  023.jpg
Views: 1357
Size:  83.2 KB
    ...and replacing them with suitable pieces.

Name:  024.jpg
Views: 1336
Size:  47.6 KB
    Hammer time!

Name:  025.jpg
Size:  177.5 KB
    I think we need some limbs...
    Last edited by Silverbullit; 08-27-2019 at 01:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

cont'd,

Name:  026.jpg
Views: 1329
Size:  206.7 KB
    Snake need some fangs, measuring out how wide he should yawn...

Name:  027.jpg
Views: 1330
Size:  164.0 KB
    Some Scotch brite discs... yes that sixpack are spoons.
    A real noob compared to me, he might have a beginners sixpack, but as an old pro I have the entire keg!
    Hmm... nipples anyone?

Name:  028.jpg
Views: 1322
Size:  80.7 KB
    WTF?!? Does'nt this pic make you think of all the serielkiller shows on telly?

Name:  029.jpg
Views: 1309
Size:  70.2 KB
    Say my name bitch! (Actually I'm named after him... figure I have the right to joke aboot it)

Name:  030.jpg
Size:  79.0 KB
    Garage I borrowed became to small... Had to dump the entire disaster on a borrowed trailer.
    My back saves me from unnecessary sleep so I fumbl... I mean, assembly, the whole junkpile at the vampire hours...
    Hmm go watch "Fearless Vampire Killers" in case you missed it, N O W !
    Last edited by Silverbullit; 08-27-2019 at 01:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

cont'd

Goooood, does this never end? *you poor schmucks*

Name:  031.jpg
Views: 1330
Size:  80.7 KB
    Throwing this crap together...

HEY WAIT!?! Dangit, its FINISHED! *finally, phew*

Name:  032.jpg
Size:  120.2 KB
    Setting this crap up in the park

Name:  033.jpg
Size:  112.3 KB
    another pic

Name:  034.jpg
Views: 1331
Size:  132.2 KB
    another another pic

Name:  035.jpg
Views: 1331
Size:  137.8 KB
    another another another pic

Post Thanks / Like

cont'd,

another another another another pic just for good measure
    Name:  036.jpg
Views: 1341
Size:  141.2 KB

So a few small things needs fixin...
    There will go up four different special lights that changes colors making some mirror effects.
    Also obviously theres a f/x light to be mounted in the mouth.
    The concrete plate will be covered with grass so this crap-pile looks like it's diving up from the yard like it was in water.
    Nouf rambled aboot this, hope I didnt put you all to sleep.

The important thing here is that he has all of his attributes, nope Thor does not have just a hammer.
    He has 3 things, well the hammer obviously, but he has a special set of magical iron glowes to fetch the hammer because Mjolnir works like a boomerang. Also already being the strongest out of all the Gods (Well Norse Gods) he also has a special belt that of course doubles his strength/powers. *yay*
    I had some special reasons for choosing this topic but I'll shut up here so I don't hit the pretto-meter harder than a crashdummie hits the wall.
    *pinching my lips tight*

Hope you enjoyed this.
    oh yeah, in case you wonder I'm metric and this thingie stretches some 4 meters high or 4,4 yards for empireal measuring tapes.
    You can't stretch the serpent out, but I F you could, it would be 16 meters long according to my metric measuring tape, thats 17,5 yards if I turn the tape around backwards measured over the back of the snake around the loops. And yes it's heavy, dunno exactly but theres a lot of hidden sturdy support beams inside so I figure several hundred kgs e-z.
    Now I'll be quiet *promise*

May the force be with you!
    Last edited by Silverbullit; 08-27-2019 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Giant Carrots with Ray-Guns attacking from outer space.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! Very cool.
    Owner of Fast Leroy's Bar and Grill
    Liquor up Front, Poker in the Rear

Post Thanks / Like

That....that.....I can't think of a term, amazing doesn't even come close. You vision and execution is remarkable, you sir are an artist and a craftsman extraordinaire, beautiful work............Mike

Post Thanks / Like

that is way beyond AMAZING....to have the creativity to build it in your mind then the skill to build it in real life..OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm speechless.
    Fronius Transpocket 180
    Kemppi minarc 150
    Esab powercut 400

Post Thanks / Like

Another stellar piece.

When I saw this drawing, I could easily see this end result.

You have tremendous talent.

Post anything else you have made and please feel free to offer advice and suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    Arclight Dynamics 4x8 plasma table
    www.psacustomcreations.com

Post Thanks / Like

Who buys these things ?

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullit View Post
    Setting this crap up in the park
    Silver bullit,

You are very Humble.

Outstanding work.
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

Post Thanks / Like

That is tremendous.....great work
    Gregg
    Hobart Handler 210 MVP
    Hobart Stickmate 210i

Post Thanks / Like

Woa mates, thats a lot of comments!?!

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    Man you are doing some crazy cool A$$ artwork thumbs up.
    Thanks mate, I really appreciate all your support. (Was honestly scared I would get laughed off the WeldingWeb) Thanks again N2, It really means a lot to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Leroy View Post
    WOW! Very cool.
    Thanks mate, I am very happy you like what you see

Quote Originally Posted by mrmikey View Post
    That....that.....I can't think of a term, amazing doesn't even come close. You vision and execution is remarkable, you sir are an artist and a craftsman extraordinaire, beautiful work............Mike
    Thanks MrMikey, I'm almost getting a some dust in my eye here I think, your way to kind my friend! Thank you again!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    that is way beyond AMAZING....to have the creativity to build it in your mind then the skill to build it in real life..OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!
    Thanks Hobbytime, I am at a loss of words here. You guys are being way way to kind! I really appreciate your kind support a l o t!

Quote Originally Posted by E T View Post
    I'm speechless.
    You too mate? I got so much positive feedback today I almost got a bit chokey in my throat here. Thanks E T!

Quote Originally Posted by psacustomcreations View Post
    Another stellar piece.
    When I saw this drawing, I could easily see this end result.
    You have tremendous talent.
    Post anything else you have made and please feel free to offer advice and suggestions.
    Haha, it is nice that you guys have a sense of humor. I really appreciate your awesome feedback and suggestions!

And Yes I can use a lot of both advice and suggestions, I have a ****load of projects started and I am at some steps I have some trouble climbing up over with the humble tools I have at my disposal. Beyond welding stuff I may need to try and make some cheapo tools to bang out some metal. Do you guys know anything/have seen irl mythological things like english wheels, planishing hammers, shrink/stretch thingies, the press tool thingie. Stuff like how to properly make balls from stainless steel sheets. I have a bazillion questions, like can you roll SS in an english wheel/planishing hammer, are the toolheads in SS in these dohickeys? Sorry mate, I just have so many questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee_veloper View Post
    Who buys these things ?
    Well you summed the problem up in a nutshell there mate! I live in the northern Swedish wilderness and suck at the social media stuff (trying right here, right now) and well nobody seems to buy these things.
    What happened 2 or 3 times is I got a modest budget to build a something little, which derailed and ended up with the above Thor vs Jörmungandr and that previous post with that frozen chicke... I mean, Eagle up that Tree. I wont say the budgets because you wont even believe me,
    I went way, way over.
    (Actually ripped out components from my PC, Graphic card and M2 SSD, and hogged them to be able to finish one of these projects.)
    I justified it from being a big honor for me to have the possibility to put up and share a piece of metal that hopefully make people happy and inspired for a long time forward, an honor I feel obliged to do the best I can out of.
    So I dont know where I'm going with this. If you want, or know anyone who wants to buy crap I fumbled together I have a mountain of stuff.
    Any hints or tips are greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by el perro View Post
    Very cool!
    Thanks mate, I am very happy you like my stuff. Thanks for the kind feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    Silverbullit,
    You are very Humble.
    Outstanding work.
    Hi John T, your way to kind my friend, but I really really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerhgm View Post
    That is tremendous.....great work
    Appreciate your kind words Rangerhgm, thanks mate! Means a lot to me!

Thanks everybody, your awesome feedback and support means the world to me!

May the force be with you!

Post Thanks / Like

A humble question, heard the county is apparantly about to mount the light and effects on this, "Thor and the Serpent of Midgard - Jormungandr", any day.
    and I thought maybe I should ask if you would like me to add some pics of the finished installation?

Thanks again for all your support mates, had a tremendous impact on me!

Have a wonderful day mates!

Post Thanks / Like

Please post pictures many of us like to see projects as they're being built plus the finished outcome

Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    Arclight Dynamics 4x8 plasma table
    www.psacustomcreations.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psacustomcreations View Post
    Please post pictures many of us like to see projects as they're being built plus the finished outcome

^ This x 10
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

That is some OUTSTANDING work. Seriously, a work of art by a real craftsman.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    x10

You can really see the motion and tension in the piece. Very nice work!

Post Thanks / Like

Grymt bra!

tack för att du delar med dig

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist