Thread: Minion Dracula Sculpture Project

Post Thanks / Like

Minion Dracula Sculpture Project

Howdy mates,

Promised to up more stuff I fumbled together in a blizzard.
    Have a clear recollection of dropping the angle grinder and the cutdisc grabbed the ground and away she spun... until it ran out of extension cord 30 yards down the meadow.
    Tried clapping together a Minion crossed with Dracula, so grab your garlic and a wooden stake!

Name:  20151220_174432.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  72.0 KB

Name:  20151229_215049.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  85.2 KB

Name:  20151111_191538.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  71.8 KB

Name:  20170320_123544.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  51.2 KB

Name:  17159076_10155148812268910_1154873016780983152_o.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  54.6 KB

Hope you enjoyed this one mates.
    Oh and sorry, didnt have better pics :/

Have a nice one!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Minion Dracula Sculpture Project

Perfect for Halloween props.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

great work, i hope you get proportionnaly financially rewarded for the quality of your work. (all i can provide is a beer..but eh, it's a canadian beer) lol

Post Thanks / Like

Lol, awesome!

Once again your talent for little touches really brings out the motion and cartooniness of the piece. One can almost feel him springing up into the air taking flight, and his expression just completes the energy. From the slight bend of his body, to the angle of his feet and arms, you've got a great eye for capturing motion/action while standing still.

GREAT work, always a pleasure and inspiration to see your art.

P.S. I think most of us have had a runaway grinder from both dropping it and plugging it in/resetting a breaker with the trigger locked on. It's terrifying, especially if you have it "skate" across a part of your body! Glad to hear no one was harmed, and fortunately meadows can't sue.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the way you do this stuff, but how in the world do you manage to be so good at it in a damn snowstorm? I work in snowstorms and blizzards alll the time but ill be damned if I can the that close and accurate with my fitting and such like you are. I plan out what I do that all I gotts to do is tie off the tarp to the truck to keep the snow off my neck, fire up the heater and weld like crazy to keep warm, fittin and grinding little stuff like that in a blizzard I cant do anymore, but you sure are good at it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    Perfect for Halloween props.
    BOOOH! *looking scary*

Quote Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
    great work, i hope you get proportionnaly financially rewarded for the quality of your work. (all i can provide is a beer..but eh, it's a canadian beer) lol
    Oh man, save a beer for me, could use one right now. Thanks for your kind words Snowbird, I really appreciate them and they mean a lot to me. Hmm I dunno how to define proportionally rewarded, I just sold a bunch of stuff like my studded winter tires and I skipped eating every second day to afford art supplies for the various art projects I'm stuck at. But as I just fumble stuff together I suppose thats fair proportional rewards? Anyhoos I'm a fatass and its good for my Diabetes to drop a brick or two.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBlues View Post
    Lol, awesome!

Once again your talent for little touches really brings out the motion and cartooniness of the piece. One can almost feel him springing up into the air taking flight, and his expression just completes the energy. From the slight bend of his body, to the angle of his feet and arms, you've got a great eye for capturing motion/action while standing still.

GREAT work, always a pleasure and inspiration to see your art.

P.S. I think most of us have had a runaway grinder from both dropping it and plugging it in/resetting a breaker with the trigger locked on. It's terrifying, especially if you have it "skate" across a part of your body! Glad to hear no one was harmed, and fortunately meadows can't sue.
    Slowblues my friend, youre being way to kind in your warm words about my stuff I fumble together. I do my best to give the stuff an airy dynamic feeling with the humble skills and eyes I possess to break the stiffnes of our choice of medium - metal.
    However I thank you for giving me fuel and inspiration to keep going on with my projects.
    And about the postscriptum (PS) YEAH, it scares the crap outta me when that happens. The thing thing is the angle grinders sometimes has all the vents blowing straight on your hands, may not sound like much of an obstacle but outside at pitchblack winter and temps below -30C/-25F you get numb and loose all sense/feeling in your hands and it is not a question if you gonna drop it but when. Luckily I mostly just dropped it and got away with the scare. Scared my fat dog will be in the way when this happens as she is way to sociable. Worst thing happened was using thin working gloves and the edge of the glove touched the 1mm cut disc and sucked my hand in to the cutting disc and I lopped my left thumb off. (aboot 3yrs ago, felt jack**** because I lost all feeling due to the cold. Long story short they sawed it back on, lucked the quack in charge at the E.R. was a neuro surgeon, full movement back now. But I got like 50-75% grip which borders on being able to work metal. Don't own a vise so I always hold angle grinder in right paw and things I work in with left. But stubborness is on my side, I will frikkin compensate it by training that leftie *grrr* You see I'm stubborness personified

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye an old miner View Post
    I really like the way you do this stuff, but how in the world do you manage to be so good at it in a damn snowstorm? I work in snowstorms and blizzards alll the time but ill be damned if I can the that close and accurate with my fitting and such like you are. I plan out what I do that all I gotts to do is tie off the tarp to the truck to keep the snow off my neck, fire up the heater and weld like crazy to keep warm, fittin and grinding little stuff like that in a blizzard I cant do anymore, but you sure are good at it.
    Thanks Popeye my friend, I really appreciate your support too through my humble threads, and it means a lot to me!
    I don't think I ever elaborated on this that much but...
    Yeah it sucks working outside and it is really a last resort that has become standard practice since it is what I have availible.
    You have my sympathy for having to work in this fashion, it is a real sob!
    Since you ask I can give a breakdown to explain, not to bitch about conditions, but just be honest about how it looks.
    99% is outside finding, fetching home, cleaning rust/paint, grinding, cutting, polishing and fitting stuff together.
    1% is welding together and from that 1% which I 75% do indoors and use the precious moments I can borrow somebodys garage. Like a third of that time I use my parents garage but winter being so cold here (On the same meridian as Alaska so you get the pic, cold and we only get a few hrs dimly lit daylight.) they need it to have their car inside and I want them to have a warm car also as they getting up in age there. I take stuff there to snap photos as I have mounted some extra lights and stuff there so you prolly recognize their garage in the pics I share.
    Not being able to borrow power plugs on aquantancies driveways as regular as I wish I have set upp a small workbench on a meadow, basically four plywoods at a small square, and put up a tarp over one side. I work in the light of a duracell headlight and a long powercord down from a building 150ish yards away. Being on an meadow and winterbreezes rips the tarps to shreads or just takes off with the planks attached never to bee found again, regularly. Luckily tarps are cheap here (something 15 bucks usd for the small ones I use)
    My personal fuel is stubborness and people saying it is impossible, then having my badly damaged back, diabetes, arthritis and no dough sorta fuels my stubborness (I know it's weird, pherhaps a bit mental even but hey, never claimed to be anything but a dumbass) pitted against the elements at its worst... poses a challenge. But I always had some hopes of finding a warm indoor place to borrow and work from or some better solution if I stuck at it. (I'm only outside until I cant sit/stand anymore, cold gets to my broken back which is the toughest part about being outside) This winter has been all ****ed (pardon the french) sick people close to me and other stuff that is not good, projects hollowed out the economy so bad I sold off stuff like the studded winter tires on my car asf, earlier this year I had a lot of promises and even written such so I stupidly put together a new PC as my old one is well past 10yrs and been broken a looong time, ended up selling parts outta that one too gpu, ssdm2 etc, ate every second day last weeks to get art supplies to work on the various stuff I fumble together. Anyways I'm a fatass so it could do my diabetes some good to loose a brick or two. All this stuff sorta fuels my stubborness, all except having having people around me that are in bad shape, that **** really gets to me and sorta croaks that creative stuff from popping up. Causing sort of some creative anemia if thats understandable? (Anemia, not enema) Anyway Im getting older too, arent you younger than me Popeye? I'm rapidly closing in on the middle checkpoint (50) not that I ever expected hitting such an age with all the stuff I lucked out on. I do however hope I leave something positive behind through the stuff I create and thats the main point.
    Anyway, this was very uncensored and I'm afraid it might make me look "odd" but I really dont want to lie about this stuff to you mates. I know a lot of people are fare worse off and that really sucks, the thought gets to me quite frankly.
    I feel a comerady with you Popeye as we apparantly sit on a very similar spot on different sides of the small globe and do pretty much the same thing in the same conditions. Well I imagine your work is far more important as people depend on you to get their stuff working safely to make their livelyhood.
    Anyway, a feeling that odds are stacked up can fuel stubborness and creating stuff and making others happy is my main drive as ridicilous as it may sound. (On the other hand, I would have done more stuff better if I had an indoors space and pherhaps also have made something spectacular by now) I hope none takes this as whining, I only try to answer Popeyes question honestly how things seems from my perspective and I imagine half of you guys work at much worse conditions anyways.
    All this stuff fumbling away at metalwork has opened my eyes for what you guys do professionally here and given me a lot of respect for not only the level of skill you master but the very tough conditions you guys perform everywhere from antarctis-alike surroundings to the bottom of the cold black oceans. If anyone has ever earned respect in my eyes it is you guys!
    Thanks again for having me here.
    PS back atcha Popeye About that heater you mention, what kind of heater is that? I filled waterbladders with boiling water rap them in fluffy towels to warm my hands when I go numb, however they are solid frozen within hrs and I am really curious and would appreciate any tips or hints you would like to share on your solutions mate.
    Last edited by Silverbullit; 10-22-2019 at 12:06 PM.