+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Oh, Why Not

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oh, Why Not

Talcum powder on the tube stops the tube from sticking/vulcanizing to the tire which can cause problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Welder Dave View Post
    Talcum powder on the tube stops the tube from sticking/vulcanizing to the tire which can cause problems.
    Hardly anybody uses talc anymore. I don't see why. It makes the tube/valve slide inside the rim without damaging anything.

I usually don't use wet lube to mount, mostly a gel mounting lube. The gel stuff doesn't interfere with talc. It's only at the rim, and doesn't drip down into the rest of the assembly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by farmersammm View Post
    Bought K'kins a paintball gun today.

Plan is, and I think it's a good plan.

We're on a new round of vaccination, actually first round..........never vaccinated.......always kept a closed herd.

Gonna dart 'em, and her job is to "paint" 'em. That way we know which ones have been darted, even when the darts fall out.

Expensive, but doable. And a ton of fun in the bargain.

She thinks she can't hit them. Hell...........she's dead on with a snub nose .38, she oughta be able to hit a COW. She's laughing about it.............."gonna be a bunch of rainbow cows out there"

We could maybe put this on YouTube, and call it an ART PROJECT
    There ya go...and git sommadat federal grant money in the name of art

4. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bought K'kins a paintball gun today.

Plan is, and I think it's a good plan.

We're on a new round of vaccination, actually first round..........never vaccinated.......always kept a closed herd.

Gonna dart 'em, and her job is to "paint" 'em. That way we know which ones have been darted, even when the darts fall out.

Expensive, but doable. And a ton of fun in the bargain.

She thinks she can't hit them. Hell...........she's dead on with a snub nose .38, she oughta be able to hit a COW. She's laughing about it.............."gonna be a bunch of rainbow cows out there"

We could maybe put this on YouTube, and call it an ART PROJECT
    I used to have a small herd of my own, 6-8 depending on the calf crop (supplied by the neighbors bull when the cows were ready) I had one old tan Limosin cow that learned to bawl at the living room window for treats even though they were well fed and watered. Bought a .68 caliber paintball gun and proceeded to "train" her that making noise got you zapped. One of the neighbors saw that and called the animal control officer, When he showed up I showed him what was going on and he laughed about it. He did tell me not to use red paintballs, blue or green would look better.

6. Likes ronsii, Equilibrium liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hardly anybody uses talc anymore. I don't see why. It makes the tube/valve slide inside the rim without damaging anything.

I usually don't use wet lube to mount, mostly a gel mounting lube. The gel stuff doesn't interfere with talc. It's only at the rim, and doesn't drip down into the rest of the assembly.
    Cancer
    It's full of asbestos

try cornstarch instead.

8. Likes Equilibrium liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist