Thread: Where can I find leads/plugs for a Craftsman Infinite Amp 80s model arc?

Post Thanks / Like

Where can I find leads/plugs for a Craftsman Infinite Amp 80s model arc?

Just bought one of these old ac/dc stick welders and would like to use it. It came with no leads. Is there a cost effective way to get a pair for it?
    Millermatic 135

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where can I find leads/plugs for a Craftsman Infinite Amp 80s model arc?

I would look around here and see if they have what you need,
    https://profax-lenco.com/catalog/

Pics would help also.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a way to upload via mobile? Without Tapatalk (don't like the app)
    Millermatic 135

Post Thanks / Like

I read that #3 wire can be used for a 200 amp welder at under 50' combined length. I may try a set of HF #2 jumper cables. I have a stinger and the clamp may work ok as a ground clamp. Hopefully the banana plugs aren't too expensive.
    Millermatic 135

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried sears parts? Try to post a picture of the front of the welder. Try to get the line of text that has the machine specs in the picture.
    It might be a Century made for sears welder. Then the jacks will be century. To know for sure, I need to see the model number hidden in the line of text.
    That is the Century model number. from that we can look up parts and order from century a division of Lincoln. They sell a repair kit that comes with 1 red and 1 black jack plug.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nicksorenson View Post
    I read that #3 wire can be used for a 200 amp welder at under 50' combined length. I may try a set of HF #2 jumper cables. I have a stinger and the clamp may work ok as a ground clamp. Hopefully the banana plugs aren't too expensive.
    Just my two cents....make sure those jumper cables are copper, I've seen some that are copper-clad aluminum which might not work so well.

Post Thanks / Like

I would just go your local weld supply place and get them to cut you a set of leads. The length you want and the gage you want. Get yourself the proper connections and ground clamp and stinger also. Then your set. New leads.
    Jason
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Torchmate CNC table
    Thermal Arc Hefty 2
    Ironworkers Local 720

Post Thanks / Like

You might be able to use a tweco #2 receptacle and change the weld terminals on the welder. Just look inside and see how the terminals are connected.
    Make sure the receptacles you buy connect up the same way. Most likely will have to adjust the hole size or make a cover plate.