+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Titanium Plasma Cutter

Post Thanks / Like

New Titanium Plasma Cutter

Not wanting to hijack the other thread (ProTig). It appears that HF will now have a new Plasma cutter in the stable, also part of the SEMA coupons:
    https://go.harborfreight.com/cpi/dig...-carousel-4981

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Titanium Plasma Cutter

Mike Festiva recently did two YouTube videos on it:

A preview can be found at:

A more thorough review can be found at:
    Last edited by Dave66; 11-08-2019 at 11:04 PM.
    Dave66
    =================
    Millermatic 211 (Transformer Based)
    Primeweld TIG 225X

Post Thanks / Like

until hypertherm sues them for patent infringement like lincoln did to the vulcan line...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    until hypertherm sues them for patent infringement like lincoln did to the vulcan line...
    why would hypertherm sue?it's not as if they have the only patent on plasma cutters and the titanium looks nothing like what they offer.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched video and it did cut 1/4" on 110 volt. It appeared he was moving really slow while cutting .
    It'll be interesting to see how it sells and other reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

Never seen the torch or the consumables before so I don't know whom is making them. I will have to contact Tecmo and Trafimet to see if its one of theirs.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    I watched video and it did cut 1/4" on 110 volt. It appeared he was moving really slow while cutting .
    It'll be interesting to see how it sells and other reviews.

Her is just running off at the mouth as usual.
    The Lincoln was designed to specs by a factory in China and Lincoln refused to sign an exclusive contact on the design. HF came in and ordered 3x the amount of machines from the same factory. Have this info from reputable source with first hand info. Tough **** Lincoln.

Hypertherm are not designed or built in China. I doubt three build of this machine was reverse engineered from any HT.
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

Post Thanks / Like

The consumables it what looks similar to HT consumables.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Other than price and that the Titanium is an inverter, I wonder what the functional/practical difference between the new Titanium and the existing "Chicago Electric" plasma cutter is. I was hoping to see some reviews/YouTube videos on that subject, but as of yet, nothing has surfaced.

I'm also wondering what HF is offering that would make someone buy this unit over say a PrimeWeld Plasma Cutter in about the same price range.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmh31909 View Post
    Other than price and that the Titanium is an inverter, I wonder what the functional/practical difference between the new Titanium and the existing "Chicago Electric" plasma cutter is. I was hoping to see some reviews/YouTube videos on that subject, but as of yet, nothing has surfaced.

I'm also wondering what HF is offering that would make someone buy this unit over say a PrimeWeld Plasma Cutter in about the same price range.
    I would not spend $800 for a HF Titanium 45 amp plasma cutter with a 90 day warranty. When I could buy a Primeweld Cut60 60 amp that is CNC ready with a built in filter/water separator with auto drain and a 3 year warranty for $650.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that was pretty much my point...lol

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see any resemblance to any Hypertherm torches or consumables. Looks like a good competitor for the Lincoln / Miller type machines from a torch design point of view. How it holds up over time, its consumable life and its true duty cycle remain to be seen. (Duty cycle needs specs.....such as load voltage, ambient temperature and amperage before you can put a percentage rating on it!). All plasma cutters are 100% duty cycle until you cut thicker materials at full output amperage on a 104 degree F day. Jim Colt

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    The consumables it what looks similar to HT consumables.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimcolt View Post
    How it holds up over time, its consumable life and its true duty cycle remain to be seen. (Duty cycle needs specs.....such as load voltage, ambient temperature and amperage before you can put a percentage rating on it!). All plasma cutters are 100% duty cycle until you cut thicker materials at full output amperage on a 104 degree F day. Jim Colt
    Name:  31dfb2cd-861e-4920-b413-130f1b69f776.jpg
Views: 5146
Size:  15.3 KB
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX4ea,Dynasty200DX,Li ncolnSW200-2ea.,MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig2ea,MigMax1ea.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the new Titanium 45 along with the Unlimited 200 MIG welder. Both are good machines for the hobby guys like me, perhaps a bit more use. However, the Plasma 45 is a recent release and, consumables are none available except for the electrodes. Talked to HB and they said no spare parts for at least 3 months...just a heads up. Both work very well.Name:  welders.jpg
Views: 5307
Size:  147.6 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mechanic416 View Post
    I would not spend $800 for a HF Titanium 45 amp plasma cutter with a 90 day warranty. When I could buy a Primeweld Cut60 60 amp that is CNC ready with a built in filter/water separator with auto drain and a 3 year warranty for $650.
    No argument there, but I doubt folks on a welding forum are the target audience. I had never heard of Primeweld until I started reading threads here. The coupon uses Hobart as a comparison, so that's probably more of a Tractor Supply or Northern Tool customer.
    Check out my bench vise website:
    http://mivise.com

Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Millermatic 350P with XR AlumaPro
    Miller Regency 200 with 22A feeder and Spoolmatic 3
    Hobart Champion Elite
    Everlast PowerTig 210EXT

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist