+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Esab/Lorch tig Deal..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Esab/Lorch tig Deal..

Yes, latch on one side /Momentary on the other, and off in center..
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Viking 250 mig/2410 feeder
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    Yes, latch on one side /Momentary on the other, and off in center..
    Great. Makes sense. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

One other thing. If you get into the hidden tig menu you can kill the up-slope/down-slope from showing up.. If you want to use the ft pedal normally it's handy. Keeps from having to cycle through more stuff each time. It will have Pre-flow, Tungsten size,max Amps, freg, and wave balance when on AC, and post flow Just makes it clean and simple to use that way.

The DC is excellent on this thing too.. along with easy to set pulse. I need to run some stick soon. Bet it super too.. 85 OCV should get it done.
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Missing the Hypertherm sticker but I did ok. Had to add both buttons for momentary and switched just to make sure it was complete. Put Velcro on the side so I can remove it if needed, I did not think there would be enough room to screw in some self tapers on the side of the welder
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Jawslandshark; 12-04-2019 at 07:06 PM.
    ESAB Rebels 215 and 235, ESAB HELIARC 281i, ESAB ET 301i, Hypertherm 85 and 45XP, Thermal Arc 185, TD 60i, HTP PRO PULSE 300

Post Thanks / Like

If your attachment screws are long enough, it will hit something..

Looks good..

Waiting on a gas lens for my 20 torch to try out the 70-30 gas.. Don't want to waste that stuff.. Although I will mostly use 100% argon for most of my Welding. Although cylinder head welding with a 220 amp welder will be a pretty cool option.. l
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

So Amazon now lists it for $4300. Not sure how that would compete with $3400 for Dynasty DX or $2750 for Lincoln Aspect 230 AC/DC, but yeah...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Offwidth View Post
    So Amazon now lists it for $4300. Not sure how that would compete with $3400 for Dynasty DX or $2750 for Lincoln Aspect 230 AC/DC, but yeah...
    In Arc Quality,Build quality not price. Really reminds me a whole lot of my Thermal Dynamics TSW300 in many ways..Hopefully Lincoln has put together a sweet machine..The thing about this Lorch is it has tons of punch when you floor it..It's not really picky about electrode types,and can keep it's shape even with quite of bit electrode positive.
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Offwidth View Post
    300i on amazon: 1. $2317, 2. $6258, 3. $4078, 4. $3968, now $3739. Weldingsuppliesfromioc.com shows it for $3095. Elsewhere it is considerably higher.
    Never saw such a huge variation in prices with any of the other brands.
    Forgive me for asking: what is the purpose of the 2 switch rig? Still somewhat confused about that. I see two pins in the socket that connects in the rear.
    Ernie F.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by metalman21 View Post
    300i on amazon: 1. $2317, 2. $6258, 3. $4078, 4. $3968, now $3739. Weldingsuppliesfromioc.com shows it for $3095. Elsewhere it is considerably higher.
    Forgive me for asking: what is the purpose of the 2 switch rig? Still somewhat confused about that. I see two pins in the socket that connects in the rear.
    Price variations = Amazon, this is common they do it all the time on almost everything they stock not third party. It would take to long to explain theory behind the pricing scheme. Other brands may not be stocked and sold by Amazon.

2 switches do the exact same thing, one momentary and the other rocker. Purpose, they both show max set amps just differnt types of switches.
    ESAB Rebels 215 and 235, ESAB HELIARC 281i, ESAB ET 301i, Hypertherm 85 and 45XP, Thermal Arc 185, TD 60i, HTP PRO PULSE 300

Post Thanks / Like

300i on amazon: -$100, $3639. Well they sold one for $2317, anybody paying attention or shopping this would look like a rip off.
    The W4001303 water cooler that mates to the 300i is hard to come by but I did find the unit alone offered for $1356.
    Ernie F.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jawslandshark View Post
    Price variations = Amazon, this is common they do it all the time on almost everything they stock not third party. It would take to long to explain theory behind the pricing scheme. Other brands may not be stocked and sold by Amazon.

2 switches do the exact same thing, one momentary and the other rocker. Purpose, they both show max set amps just differnt types of switches.
    Thanks. What does the unit display without the added switch?
    Ernie F.

Post Thanks / Like

Starting amps.

It might look like a rip off a just a good one time deal? I buy from the best deal at the time. I was shopping Black Friday/cyber Monday from several stores and many things reduced as much a 65% in some cases, those products may not ever be that low again.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you run any stick welding with that 300i yet? If so how did you like it?
    Ernie F.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you run any stick welding with that 300i yet? If so how did you like it?
    I have not run any stick, my assumption is it's probably pretty good just based on how everything else works, it really is a sweet tig machine. If I had to rate arc qaulity and pulse it's probably one of the nicer machines I have used and really puts out a lot of power. I am going to switch over to this machine next week and see how it does with some demanding jobs and put some hours on it.

Post Thanks / Like

With the Lorch 301i. To set top limit with the stock foot control you step all the way down and then set your top limit. Seems odd but that's the way they do it. At least that's how it works with mine.
    Thermal Arc 320SP ( Lorch )
    Cobra Pythons
    Thermal Arc 300 AC/DC ( Sanrex )
    ESAB 301i AC/DC ( Lorch )
    Thermal Arc 161STL ( WTL )
    Thermal Arc 190S ( Sanrex )
    Cut Master 82, 42. Cut45 ( WTL )
    Victor Gas Apps.
    Boxes and boxes of welding crap.

Post Thanks / Like

To answer an earlier question in this thread. Lorch replaced Sanrex in the Thermal Arc Or actually called Tweco at the time product line. Soon after, They were thrown into the ESAB whirlpool and ESAB decided to keep Lorch and had them branded as ESAB so they are actually lorch with a bad yellow paint job and decal. The Lorch USA units used the TA style amphenols and not that odd euro chrome one. ESAB won't keep the Lorch product for long though. They are working on a Chinese unit to replace it as we type. It's all about profit margin.
    Cobra Pythons
    Victor Gas Apps.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think most people even know how good Lorch machines are, ahead of the curve even with mig machines way back when it was still Thermal Arc, pulse, double pulse, synergic, for all types of wire. Sanrex was another line of machines that I thought all others should be judged. I was lucky enough to use some of the Lorch Thermal Arcs and to this day I think they are still some of the best, bad thing is they did cost a fortune, did not have the greenbacks back then to pony up for one.

I did set max amps using pedal for a couple days, figured a remote box made more sense so that's what I am using now. It was less than $25 for me to throw it together. Been welding DC with it all afternoon the HF starts are perfection, have not found a weak spot yet since I got it. I am glad they went with amphenol plugs, smart move.

I have no doubt ESAB won't continue rebranding, sad, seems the China mainstream has hit all of the USA welding market in some form or fashion, and it's all about numbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Basically the box is giving you a remote/local switch that real welding machines always has.. Just not on the panel that's all..Least they gave you a 14 pin to get around that F##K up
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    To answer an earlier question in this thread. Lorch replaced Sanrex in the Thermal Arc Or actually called Tweco at the time product line. Soon after, They were thrown into the ESAB whirlpool and ESAB decided to keep Lorch and had them branded as ESAB so they are actually lorch with a bad yellow paint job and decal. The Lorch USA units used the TA style amphenols and not that odd euro chrome one. ESAB won't keep the Lorch product for long though. They are working on a Chinese unit to replace it as we type. It's all about profit margin.
    Not correct. ESAB have a business deal with Lorch, but they definitely don't own the Lorch brand. The only Lorch-designed/made product they sell as ESAB right now AFAIK is these rebranded T series. Yes Lorch have made products for Thermal Arc as well in the past.

ESAB have had many people make their products over the years, and plenty are still designed and made by them or their own umbrella companies. I.e the CaddyTIG 2200i models were all made in Sweden by themselves, now made in Poland by themselves (they moved a chunk of their manufacturing there) Definitely not by Lorch.

The Rebel units are made in China. I'm not sure if anything is made in Sweden any more. Like you say, ESAB are now all about shifting units for max profit... seems a shame because I used to be an ESAB diehard, but this might be one of the last truly great ESAB-branded products.
    Last edited by Munkul; 12-06-2019 at 03:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Munkul View Post
    Not correct. ESAB have a business deal with Lorch, but they definitely don't own the Lorch brand. The only Lorch-designed/made product they sell as ESAB right now AFAIK is these rebranded T series. Yes Lorch have made products for Thermal Arc as well in the past.

ESAB have had many people make their products over the years, and plenty are still designed and made by them or their own umbrella companies. I.e the CaddyTIG 2200i models were all made in Sweden by themselves, now made in Poland by themselves (they moved a chunk of their manufacturing there) Definitely not by Lorch.

The Rebel units are made in China. I'm not sure if anything is made in Sweden any more. Like you say, ESAB are now all about shifting units for max profit... seems a shame because I used to be an ESAB diehard, but this might be one of the last truly great ESAB-branded products.
    Lorch and Victor/Thermal Arc had a partnership before ESAB was part of the picture. ESAB chose to keep the partnership and still have access to the Lorch 320SP and the 500SP digital synergic products as well. Sadly it's just for now. * Nothing in my post about ESAB owning anything. Fact is they don't even own themselves.
    Last edited by Rondo; 12-06-2019 at 09:42 AM.
    Cobra Pythons
    Victor Gas Apps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    Lorch and Victor/Thermal Arc had a partnership before ESAB was part of the picture. ESAB chose to keep the partnership and still have access to the Lorch 320SP and the 500SP digital synergic products as well. Sadly it's just for now.
    Well you learn something new every day I hadn't realised Thermal Arc sold the Lorch Saprom series as well.

The Saprom MIG series is one of the best MIGs on the market right now, I had the pleasure of renting and using one for aluminium for a few weeks, and the Speedpulse XT technology blows everything else apart from Fronius out of the water. Guessing you like that 320SP as well

What i do know, though, is that all Lorch products are Lorch technology, and that they aren't owned by ESAB or any of the ESAB brands.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Munkul View Post
    Well you learn something new every day I hadn't realised Thermal Arc sold the Lorch Saprom series as well.

The Saprom MIG series is one of the best MIGs on the market right now, I had the pleasure of renting and using one for aluminium for a few weeks, and the Speedpulse XT technology blows everything else apart from Fronius out of the water. Guessing you like that 320SP as well

What i do know, though, is that all Lorch products are Lorch technology, and that they aren't owned by ESAB or any of the ESAB brands.
    I was a trainer on Lorch equipment in a recent past life. You are correct. Excellent stuff.
    Cobra Pythons
    Victor Gas Apps.

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone is serious about buying a 301i, Reach out to your ESAB Rep. They have 3001's on overstock for their factory cost. They may have to add a few % and then run it through a distributor but they can be had for less than any figures I saw on here from Amazon. They are liquidating Lorch as they move toward their China option. I got one and a friend got 2 full packages with coolers and carts crazy cheap.
    Last edited by Rondo; 12-07-2019 at 04:06 PM. Reason: more info
    Cobra Pythons
    Victor Gas Apps.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m making a small adapter with switch between panel 8pin and foot pedal / hand remote. Pics to follow.
    Last edited by DogHudson; 01-09-2020 at 01:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DogHudson View Post
    I’m making a small adapter with switch between panel 8pin and foot pedal / hand remote. Pics to follow.
    Looking forward to pics.

Still loving my ESAB Lorch, beautiful arc characteristics high and low amps. I have a decent amount of hours on it, and seems to be rock solid. Money well spent and would put this machine up against any on the market for ease of use, settings and arc quality.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist