+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 4x6 bandsaw

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New 4x6 bandsaw

Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMANN View Post
    Sammm, after years in a machine shop I very much prefer a bi-metal, variable pitch blade, We had a bandsaw in the shop that took a 2inch x28 foot blade, that saw would cut within ,008 on a 14 inch diameter. I looked at those blades , HF wanted 27 bucks for a 64 1/2 inch bi-metal 10-14 pitch, I think I'm paying about 16 on Amazon for a bi-metal 10/14 by I-Machinist.
    Thanks...……..as said...…...I know absolutely nothing about blades. When this one breaks, bi-metal it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New 4x6 bandsaw

I used to just watch for blades at the various stores while in there for other things. Every now and then I'd see those 64& 1/2 inch blades hanging there for 9, 10, 11 bucks. Hardback cheapies but at that price you can buy two. The time to buy blades is when you find them on sale, not wait till you need one. I always ran mine pretty hard anyway. Get cracks in the flutes and break most of the time. Spare(s) make sense.
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." -Theodore Roosevelt

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist