+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lincoln 210mp mig gun upgrade?

Post Thanks / Like

Lincoln 210mp mig gun upgrade?

Curious if there’s a better gun i can throw onto the 210mp that has more of an industrial feel to it?
    www.FirehouseFabricators.com

Zach

Millermatic 255
    Lincoln SW200
    Hypertherm Powermax 45xp
    2x4 CNC Plasma Table.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lincoln 210mp mig gun upgrade?

I don't know... I use mine for quick fixes... since I got a dedicated tig machine but still love it for mig processes

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I haven't built anything I can't throw away. Perfection is the journey.

Mac

Post Thanks / Like

In pass I had all my mig guns Tweco.
    They just a workhorse great for employees. You can find after market replacement part keeping the cost down
    I would use different guns for fast changing of wire size and all welder could use the same gun.
    Saved on labor cost too.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBravest View Post
    Curious if there’s a better gun i can throw onto the 210mp that has more of an industrial feel to it?
    Last edited by smithdoor; 12-25-2019 at 11:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

HTP has replacement guns for many types of welders. On my old Miller 211 inverter I used the HTP replacement gun which was a 250A gun, and was the quality of the lead was very good very flexible.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

Post Thanks / Like

I would get a Bernard Q gun with the centerfire consumables. Super nice gun. For that machine you could go either with a 150 or 200 amp rated gun. Weldingsupply.com has them for $195

https://www.bernardwelds.com/files/Config_Q_S.pdf
    Miller Multimatic 255

Post Thanks / Like

Basically my current dilemma is i stripped the threads I believe on my Lincoln gun for the gas diffuser.

I don’t know if i can buy just the neck of the gun or I’m looking at a full replacement which is my guess.

Zach

Millermatic 255
    Lincoln SW200
    Hypertherm Powermax 45xp
    2x4 CNC Plasma Table.

Post Thanks / Like

I took the gun apart and the neck is a replaceable piece, but i have no clue where to order one? Anyone happen to know? It does not have a part number on it.

Edit: Disregard, found the gun tube its $23 shipped. Thanks.

Name:  IMG_0665.jpg
Views: 3846
Size:  72.3 KB
    Last edited by BrooklynBravest; 12-28-2019 at 12:19 PM.

Zach

Millermatic 255
    Lincoln SW200
    Hypertherm Powermax 45xp
    2x4 CNC Plasma Table.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have opt'd for a heavier duty gun, one "class" above the stock one, so like a 250-260A gun, but that's just me. And don't torque down the diffuser/tip holder too hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    I would have opt'd for a heavier duty gun, one "class" above the stock one, so like a 250-260A gun, but that's just me. And don't torque down the diffuser/tip holder too hard.
    That is what I wanted to do, but will the heavier gun fit onto a 210mp? Like the gun from the powermig 260?

Zach

Millermatic 255
    Lincoln SW200
    Hypertherm Powermax 45xp
    2x4 CNC Plasma Table.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know enough about lincoln's MIG guns to answer that for you, but I'd like to think that you'd be able to find a beefier replacement one way or another.

Post Thanks / Like

Lincoln Magnum Pro 250L is the next gun up from the 175L. I think it uses the same tips too. You can buy a Tweco that would fit, also. I found that I needed a lighter gun for my 210 MP, so I purchased a 100L to run .023 wire with. Its a lighter gun, easy to manuever in tight spots in machines, and for sheet metal work, and thin wall tube frames(and fairly cheap too). Thought about a dedicated gun for aluminum. Not sure if I would go with another 175 or a 250. Thinking of getting a HTP gun for my Snap-On welder though, I've heard good things, and the price seems good too. Let us know how it works out.
    Airco 250 ac/dc Heliwelder Square wave
    Miller Synchrowave 180 sd
    Miller Econo Twin HF
    Lincoln 210 MP
    Dayton 225 ac/dc
    Victor torches
    Snap-On YA-212
    Lotos Cut60D
    Primeweld 225 ac/dc
    Primeweld mig180
    Miller AEAD-200

Post Thanks / Like

I about pulled my hair out with inconsistent feeding on my 210. Replaced liners, tips, etc. Finally I went to LWS and they special ordered a Bernard gun for me that would fit the 210. Best thing I ever did. It welds as smooth as butter now and to top it off the consumables are interchangeable with my Miller 8VS.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Lincoln Ranger 305g
    Miller X-Treme 8VS Suitcase Feeder
    Lincoln Powermig 210 MP
    Lincoln AC225 Tombstone
    Amico MMA-160

Titanium Easy Flux 125
    A pile of grinders.

13. Likes scsmith42 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Please let us know the part number of that bernard gun

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by govinda View Post
    Please let us know the part number of that bernard gun
    Bernard Q1510AB8AL

https://www.bernardwelds.com/files/SpSh_Q1501.pdf

https://www.airgas.com/product/Weldi.../BERQ1510AB8AL

Post Thanks / Like

BERQ2010AB8CRC. That may be an Airgas part number.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Lincoln Ranger 305g
    Lincoln Powermig 210 MP
    Lincoln AC225 Tombstone
    Amico MMA-160

Titanium Easy Flux 125
    A pile of grinders.

Post Thanks / Like

I realize I am about a year late to this thread but I may have the complete answer to this as I am the only one I know of that has put a Magnum Pro 250 on a Lincoln 210mp. I'll start with this, by doing this "upgrade" you will void any warranty you have because Lincoln claims that the drive motor isn't strong enough to push wire through a 15' gun. I have ran the 250 on my 210mp for almost 3 years now and the only issue I have ever had was too many nozzle options. The 250 will fit in the 210mp with one small modification. Basically when the 250 gun connector is inserted into the 210mp clamp it just barely doesn't slide in far enough for the gas holes to line up correctly. What I did to remedy this was modify the clamp. On the front of the clamp you will notice a ring that sits offset from the clamp roughly 1/8th of an inch. With the door open I was able to us a Sawzall blade by hand, not in a power tool, and trim that ring off the clamp. The material used for the clamp is super easy to cut by hand carefully. This allows the 250 to slide in the needed distance and voila you now have one of the most versatile and portable welders out there. All the benefits of a 210mp with the added benefit of the various options you get with the Magnum pro 250 gun. I did this modification because I install gates and welding outside in harsh conditions definitely got easier with a much longer gun and interchangeable front end parts like recessed tips and tapered nozzles. I would be more than happy to post pics of the modification if anyone ever needs them.

Side note *the Magnum Pro 250 front end will fit onto the 175L gun cable. If you are only after better front end parts and don't mind a shorter gun then buying the parts for the front end would be cheaper than an entire setup. Everything from the 250 gun handle up threads right on the 175L. But as stated above in order to use a 250 gun on the 210mp there is a tiny modification. My theory was a 90 dollar or so drive motor if it went out was worth the immense benefits of having the Pro 250 gun. LINCOLN tried but I'm a fabricator and designer, show me someone with a brain that operates like ours do that wouldn't eventually find a way to do this 😁. "Fabricating dreams into reality" is my motto here at White Stag Concepts.

Www.whitestagconcepts.com

18. Likes _Weldman_ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your info on the 210mp and the guns you're using. Pictures , part numbers, and links are always helpful. I've had my 210mp for 6 years now and have been very happy with it. I've had other welders borrow it and they liked it. I haven't had any problems with the Magnum 175L gun that came with it. I installed the K-2528-1 kit(.035"-045" Liner w/ 10lb spool of NR-212 Innershield) in the gun that came with the machine and have been using it for flux cored wires with, and without gas. I also have a been using a 100L (also 10Ft.) gun for running lighter stuff with a .023"- .030" liner. I like the maneuverability and lightness of the gun. I have also run an aluminum liner in the Magnum 175L gun, and liked it better than the Lincoln spoolgun that I bought for it. I'm now thinking of upgrading to a 250 amp gun for the .035"-.045" wire and maybe a 12 or 15 ft gun. I have some landscape trailer work coming up, and the extra length would come in handy. I really doubt the extra length on the gun really would have that great an effect on the drive motor. Might put the aluminum liner back in the Magnum 175L gun, and dedicate to aluminum. There are many choices for guns besides lincolns, which are good guns, with many parts available locally, but cost a little more. I think the magnum 250L is an equivilant to a Tweco #2. There are bernard guns, HTP guns, and I'm sure lots of chinese replicas too. Here's a part number for the feeder adapter(K-466-6) I used for putting a tig torch on the mig gun hook up. I wound up not using it because it didn't have enough post flow( tungsten was always burnt looking).

That's a nice looking website , post some pics of your projects.

Regards
    Airco 250 ac/dc Heliwelder Square wave
    Miller Synchrowave 180 sd
    Miller Econo Twin HF
    Lincoln 210 MP
    Dayton 225 ac/dc
    Victor torches
    Snap-On YA-212
    Lotos Cut60D
    Primeweld 225 ac/dc
    Primeweld mig180
    Miller AEAD-200

Post Thanks / Like

The Bernard gun I put on mine was a 10 footer. I definitely would not do a 15. 12 maybe.

Sent from my SM-T878U using Tapatalk
    Lincoln Ranger 305g
    Lincoln Powermig 210 MP
    Lincoln AC225 Tombstone
    Amico MMA-160

Titanium Easy Flux 125
    A pile of grinders.

Post Thanks / Like

BER, is the Airgas prefix used for order entry. Everything after, is the Bernard part#

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there, definitely interested in pictures if you don't mind, I'd really like to add the pro 250 gun to my 210mp. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman916 View Post
    Hi there, definitely interested in pictures if you don't mind, I'd really like to add the pro 250 gun to my 210mp. Thanks!
    My gun started working fine again so I didn’t change it. I do still hate that the machine has such a cheap gun though when it’s competition in the same class from esab and Miller both have far more “commercial” style guns.

Zach

Millermatic 255
    Lincoln SW200
    Hypertherm Powermax 45xp
    2x4 CNC Plasma Table.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist