+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has This EVER Happened to YOU???

Post Thanks / Like

Has This EVER Happened to YOU???

Like a month ago i went to a Airgas location and exchanged 4 cylinders, they were 2 125 oxy and 2 80 co/argon mixtures,
    you know while i was there bought some wire and other stuff pertaining to welding.

Well like a month passes by,

I get this letter in the mail, from Airgas, and its a invoice. well.... To be precise its a "Rental Invoice"
    Airgas sent me a Rental invoice for tanks that I own, and equally exchanged!!!?!? You know exchange the empties guys for the full guys...
    Then pay for the gas, which i did.

Name:  welding fourm.png
Views: 548
Size:  226.1 KB

its wrote in that i returned 4 cylinders, but in the colums it says that I did not. says they were shipped to me. which I picked them up... cashier made some errors
    now im getting screwed over, they want to charge me 77 cents a day for each of the 4 cylinders i just got a bill for 50 some bucks for the last month. for renting these
    cylinders that i OWN.

i go to my local air gas location they gave me a bunch of ****, said he will have to look through all my invoices and try to find out where the charges originated.
    i said obvious they originated from my last purchase, he disagreed and it took everything for me not to completely flipp the fk out on him.

These tanks are worth roughly 900 bucks if i were to purchase them from airgas, if not more. i feel like i am being stolen from and fked over.

what do i do? i already emailed them pertaining to this whole mess. nothing back yet..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has This EVER Happened to YOU???

Call Tulsa (home office) and ask them to double check

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I haven't built anything I can't throw away. Perfection is the journey.

Mac

Post Thanks / Like

Airgas

I'd sooner buy my gas from the Mexican drug cartels.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    These tanks are worth roughly 900 bucks
    Not to worry, I'm sure they won't mark them up by more than, say, 1600% when they charge you for them.

Post Thanks / Like

My local supplier has a notation on my account... "All cylinders are customer owned" And I do not take cylinders that don't have blank neck rings.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got two 125 oxy bottles sitting in back of the shop I can't do anything with cause 13 years ago a friend borrowed em... he exchanged em at Airgas so that when he returned them to me they would be full... they gave him 2 rental bottles instead of owner bottles and he didn't notice the neck rings, I never saw them until months later cause they just got mixed in with my other 125 oxy bottles (I've got 11 of them) and now... I can never get em refilled cause Airgas gave him rental bottles but funny part is they are not even airgas bottles one is for some company outa wyoming and I can't recall the other right now...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Like a month ago i went to a Airgas location and exchanged 4 cylinders, they were 2 125 oxy and 2 80 co/argon mixtures,
    you know while i was there bought some wire and other stuff pertaining to welding.

Well like a month passes by,

I get this letter in the mail, from Airgas, and its a invoice. well.... To be precise its a "Rental Invoice"
    Airgas sent me a Rental invoice for tanks that I own, and equally exchanged!!!?!? You know exchange the empties guys for the full guys...
    Then pay for the gas, which i did.

Name:  welding fourm.png
Views: 548
Size:  226.1 KB

its wrote in that i returned 4 cylinders, but in the colums it says that I did not. says they were shipped to me. which I picked them up... cashier made some errors
    now im getting screwed over, they want to charge me 77 cents a day for each of the 4 cylinders i just got a bill for 50 some bucks for the last month. for renting these
    cylinders that i OWN.

i go to my local air gas location they gave me a bunch of ****, said he will have to look through all my invoices and try to find out where the charges originated.
    i said obvious they originated from my last purchase, he disagreed and it took everything for me not to completely flipp the fk out on him.

These tanks are worth roughly 900 bucks if i were to purchase them from airgas, if not more. i feel like i am being stolen from and fked over.

what do i do? i already emailed them pertaining to this whole mess. nothing back yet..

Nope that has never happened to me since I stopped dealing with AirGas years ago. My current LWS (that only operates in South Texas) is awesome!
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it happened to me. They were more than sorry and straightened it all out. I happen to like my airgas location. Helpful and friendly folks. It's a small operation in a smaller size city. Only game in town until a praxair opened up. Same prices though so I stuck with airgas. I see they are comparatively expensive when put up against some of the prices on here but I figure it's the customers paying for the gas anyways, I just pass along the "savings", lol.
    Last edited by jakedaawg; 01-11-2020 at 10:03 AM.
    Miller Dynasty 280 DX, Lincoln 210 MP

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist