+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 110dc power to 110ac power

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 110dc power to 110ac power

I was curious, did you ever look into getting that belt drive generator attached?

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I've been off grid here since 91, and weld a fair bit. Most any brush motor, like drills and grinders are DC motors and dont care about AC vs DC input as long as the voltage is high enough, ie: 120 or so volts, they will run fine on DC.
    BUT, and this is a big but, newer tools that have a soft start, or speed control are a problem, the circuitry gets screwed up with DC.
    For example I got a new Makita 13 amp grinder (love it), but it wouldnt run. I stripped it apart and took the little "soft start" module out. Works great.
    IDK how much your aux DC out is on a SA200, but you might find that most older drills and grinders will work fine on it, For radios and such , pick up a cheap 200-300 watt inverter to run off the start battery, or even a better a small sine wave inverter (especially for li-ion battery chargers- and they've come down in cost a lot) to power stuff that wont work well on square wave inverters and go from there.
    Bump up your battery or alternator if needed.
    My .02,
    Russell
    PS, if you really need more than that, put a set of marine-RV batteries in and a big inverter, up to a point, your engine with a good alternator and inverter should do 2000 watts no problem, after that, get a trailblazer, aint gonna get 8-12 k watts with this method.
    Last edited by Poleframer; 05-11-2021 at 10:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thousands of welding trucks running AC/DC grinders off SA200's. Older SA's only had only 9 amps DC I believe. Newer had 15 amps DC.

Post Thanks / Like

I just purchase power tools that can run DC. Notice most power tools can DC.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by little charlie View Post
    Hi guys I’ve got a Lincoln sa200 blackface which puts out 110dc aux power does anyone have any ideas how that can be changed to 110ac for powering varies pieces of electrical equipment which are not dc compatable ; any info would be appreciated

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist