+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HTP's NEW INVERTIG 400

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HTP's NEW INVERTIG 400

oh snap!
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TraditionalToolworks View Post
    But this is where you're actually wrong. The welder only uses 36 amps on 3 phase, and it's able to get 400 amps and has a 100% duty cycle at 300 amps.
    If you can't read what was posted, it was referring specifically to single phase 240V and at 50 amps input and 350 amps output. Even had the picture to go with it. I cited only that claim. Already getting messages about you guys.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff N View Post
    Received the following e-mail from a potential customer inquiring about the availability of the 221 when we were our of stock:

"When will the invertig 221 with water cooler be available. I do not want or need the dual voltage machine. 220v only with a water cooler. My crappy everlast 325ext just blew the inverter up and I'm done with them. Hopefully you can help me in getting an htp as I have read it's a great machine. Thanks for your time. Chris."

I then followed up with the potential customer once we were in the position to ship welders:

Sorry I had to buy something to get me up and running. I bought a miller synchrowave 210 and not very happy with it.
    I may finish this project and sell it to buy the htp from you. I've used the htp and loved it.
    That's the owner of HTP right there, in case anyone missed it. And people have lambasted us when we post something like that about others in the past. Oh well. double standards.
    Jeff, all I got to say, is I get messages like that all the time and phone calls too about nearly every brand, not just yours. People are human and are going to have different opinions and experiences, even different expectations and demands...not every one is going to be a happy camper. That's reality, though we try our best. But thanks for posting that. It makes us know we still are human and have room for improvement too.
    We have people who buy whole fleets of our units. Replacing units in chain companies even with the same stories. If you don't believe me, go to our very active facebook, instagram and even youtube account and look. If you don't believe that, then go to the independent Everlast Owner's page of FB.
    Last edited by lugweld; 05-17-2020 at 12:14 AM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

The lugweld late show! Always good for a laugh.
    Ernie F.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    If you can't read what was posted, it was referring specifically to single phase 240V and at 50 amps input and 350 amps output. Even had the picture to go with it. I cited only that claim. Already getting messages about you guys.
    Yes, I can read, you just want to split hairs.

This is what was posted.

Quote Originally Posted by htpamerica_usaweld View Post
    When connected to single phase 208-240V power, the Invertig 400 has the highest output of any welder on a 50 amp circuit — a full 350 amps of raw welding power.
    That is absolutely true, it says nothing about using the least amount of amps, it says it has the highest output of any welder. Are you trying to say that the 350EXT has a higher output? Is there a welder that can get higher output on a 50 amp single phase?

And I believe their machine is able to get the highest output considering they can get 400 amps. Do you have a machine that can do that? If so, please show it.

That's the owner of HTP right there, in case anyone missed it.
    Nope, I don't think anyone missed it, Jeff is a stand up guy, IMO, unlike the green weenie crew. Had you not come in blasting your mouth off, Jeff wouldn't have posted that.

I think we've earned the right to point out a few facts and set a few more straight.
    And you sure earned that comment from Jeff. Are you doubting he got an email that stated that? Seems factual to me.

If you use a tissue when you blow your nose, you won't end up with snot all over yourself.

6. Likes Oscar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And where is your 3 phase version? Certainly not the 350EXT you linked to, that looks like a single phase until only. Or are you saying that your 325EXT stacks up to the Ivertig 400?

HTP has their unit in their warehouse and shipping, how do people get the green weenie? Do they put their best weld under their pillow and the tooth fairy brings it the next morning if the weld meets approval ?

I also notice you don't include the HTP in your cross brand comparison on your 350EXT page.

You guys at the green weenie factory are really deceptive.

Actually they are most often their customers...I think that says something about the company in itself. Caveat Emptor.
    I'm going to answer this as plainly as I can.

1. Three phase versions are available for all of our 300 plus amp machines (we have 3 machines over 300 amps to date that are TIG Stick only. More to come). You just call and place your order direct.
    2. Our company is based in the USA and not in China. That would be like saying HTP is based in Italy for selling their basically off the shelf machines. We actually begin the design for the units in the US and transfer the rest to the factory in the final phases. Now, with that said, STEL, the manufacturer of the HTP machines has a lot more "off the shelf" stuff they send to HTP rebadged rather than a completely new concept and US design.
    3. On single phase, yes our 350 amp unit stacks up very well. We have more wave forms, and a few extra features that they don't have. They do have the independent amplitude, but we have a few other features that are special as well.
    4. Our cross brand comparison was put out in 2019, and on the current units available, and the most often requested comparisons between the units were included...whether for features or price. Our unit has been out since around late 2016.
    5. The Stel 400 amp unit is new and just announce and given the limited amount of info put on the HTP site as far as detailed specifications, how can we make an honest comparison to it? Be reasonable and think about it.
    6. Our home office in is CA. Our product comes from the factory into our home office and is distributed from there. However, quite a few mom and pops pick up our line. And even Home Depot retails it. Not sure why you asked about it. Our product does go out of stock periodically, but right now, most stuff is in stock, including the 350EXT single phase version at least. More on the way. If someone orders today, it usually ships the same day from CA. Coast to Coast, it average 5 to 7 days.
    7. FWIW, Manuals are on our site for all to review.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I can read, you just want to split hairs.

This is what was posted.

That is absolutely true, it says nothing about using the least amount of amps, it says it has the highest output of any welder. Are you trying to say that the 350EXT has a higher output? Is there a welder that can get higher output on a 50 amp single phase?

And I believe their machine is able to get the highest output considering they can get 400 amps. Do you have a machine that can do that? If so, please show it.

Nope, I don't think anyone missed it, Jeff is a stand up guy, IMO, unlike the green weenie crew. Had you not come in blasting your mouth off, Jeff wouldn't have posted that.

And you sure earned that comment from Jeff. Are you doubting he got an email that stated that? Seems factual to me.

If you use a tissue when you blow your nose, you won't end up with snot all over yourself.
    I think your reading comprehension is not what mine is. I did quite well in school. No, not splitting hairs. When you say yours is the highest, at a specific amperage and voltage, it has to be the highest, and does not share that distinction with another brand or unit. Highest means nothing else exceeds or is equal to. Other people get it, why don't you?

We do have 400 amp units available here, but are DC output and are MTS type.

Wow. Again, on the reading comprehension skills. Not only that, getting posts confused and jumbled. I didn't doubt he got an email for a second, because I got plenty of them about other brands myself, well known and lesser known ones. Every brand is susceptible to ticking off a customer. We will continue to try to improve.

As far as our rating, we get 350 amps at 47 amps. So, we do the same at less amps in that comparison, apples to apples, same VOLT input, same AMP output. 3 amps are 3 amps and definitely make the claim I made about the inaccurate statement correct.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by metalman21 View Post
    The lugweld late show! Always good for a laugh.
    Hey you guys are our best salesmen when you act like that and we defend ourselves.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

I think your reading comprehension is not what mine is. I did quite well in school.
    Well, there you go, you're a lot smarter than me, probably why you're supporting Everlast welders. This is typical of your people skills, which they must not have taught you in school for public relations.

This is exactly why I'll never buy another green weenie again. 'nuff said.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey you guys are our best salesmen when you act like that and we defend ourselves.
    You are the best salesman for your competitors. You are one of the reasons, (there were more), that I dismissed the consideration of purchasing one of your machines.
    Your posts that attempt to knock the competition are very predictable (and entertaining), usually debating very inconsequential details. The defensive attitude speaks volumes with regard to the credibility of the organization you work for and it's reputation. That is the stigma associated with your brand.
    Ernie F.

12. Likes mreuter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't find the popcorn eating emoji!
    50 amps of input power to get 350 and splitting hairs over 3 amp input differnce? Load bank both the boxes with a meter on the input power, make a video....Claimed/rated whatever, it's a number. Then again does it really even matter?
    ESAB Rebels 215 and 235, ESAB HELIARC 281i, ESAB ET 301i, Hypertherm 85 and 45XP, Thermal Arc 185, TD 60i, HTP PRO PULSE 300

Post Thanks / Like

You are the best salesman for your competitors. You are one of the reasons, (there were more), that I dismissed the consideration of purchasing one of your machines.
    That could not be truer from a prospective customer perspective. More so as time goes on we see more and more dead Everlast machines, more than one would expect to see. Nobody has to believe me, they can go search the web to find there are many unhappy customers that found out they needed to pay shipping both ways for service, but more so that the cost of a new pc board was much more than they would have expected for the price of the machine. Look at Jeff Nolan's message above, whoever that person was didn't feel compelled to fix his $2500 machine.

Now, Mark is always quick to jump in and say that every brand has experienced problems and all of them have unhappy customers. What I will say to that is, where are all the unhappy HTP customers? Where are all the failed HTP machines? Because I don't hear about failed HTP machines like I hear about failed Everlast machines. But where are those disgruntled HTP customers? Most everyone who owns one raves about it. This completely discredits what he claims. Everlast is very much like Grizzly. They offer more features at the least expensive price point. Very difficult to find more features for the price of the Everlast machines. If you get a working machine this is good, but if your machine dies it sucks. Unfortunately there are more dead machines than one would expect.

Your posts that attempt to knock the competition are very predictable (and entertaining), usually debating very inconsequential details. The defensive attitude speaks volumes with regard to the credibility of the organization you work for and it's reputation. That is the stigma associated with your brand.
    Rather than trying to improve their failure rate, they focus more on advertising and marketing. Having their welders at Home Depot is a perfect example. All of their machines are full list price on Home Depot, and they are all special order. You don't see those welders in Home Depots, they don't exist. Most buyers are privy to that, although I'm sure they do get some sales. You don't see them selling on Amazon anymore as they don't like to pay Amazon for their sales, and they have the good reviews as they were able to get any bad reviews removed, so they used their marketing muscle to make it look the best they could.

What they do have is a machine that is less than half the cost of the Invertig 400 which on the surface appears to be almost as good. This is attractive to people, who doesn't want a machine at less than half the cost that appears to deliver almost the same? As for more electronic wave forms, what good do they really do someone if their machine is dead?

DISCLAIMER: I'm not even an HTP customer, but hope to be one someday. Jeff Nolan goes out of his way to help his customer base, even on weekends. At the end of the day service and support is worth it's weight in gold, not to mention reliability and HTP has a reputation for being a reliable machine.

15. Likes Oscar, metalman21, htpamerica_usaweld liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no dog in this fight but Jeff Noland and HTP have the best customer service of any company I have ever done business with. For the record, I do not own any HTP machines but I buy equipment and consumables from them. I recently purchased a conversion kit for my Hobart 120 Handler with original piece maker mig gun. I had several questions and sent an email to HTP. Jeff answered every question I had including some of the emails I sent late at night. In fact, I joked with him asking if he ever sleeps. I needed some nozzles for my Bernard Q series mig gun on my Miller 252 which were available from other vendors. I sent Jeff an email asking if they stocked them which they did not. However, he offered to order them and the price was competitive with other vendors. This was a small order but Jeff and his staff went out of their way to assist me as if I was their best customer....

As stated, Jeff Noland is a stand up guy who deserves my business.

Joe

17. Likes Oscar, TraditionalToolworks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    So did they? Told 'em to get on the ball!
    They did call (I missed the call) and emailed. It seemed the general consensus was that HTP has good support, which is one of the reasons I gave them a shot. They seem very responsive so far.

I don't generally give much weight to reviews from anyone with a sig full of the same brand machine (of any type), for reasons obvious in this thread.
    Last edited by LimitedSlip7; 05-18-2020 at 10:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jbacc View Post
    For the record, I do not own any HTP machines but I buy equipment and consumables from them.
    Joe,

I am a customer in that regard also and will even note, HTP pays shipping for all orders over $35 which is more than fair, considering that companies like Everlast don't even pay shipping if you buy a machine from them.

20. Likes jbacc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe,

I am a customer in that regard also and will even note, HTP pays shipping for all orders over $35 which is more than fair, considering that companies like Everlast don't even pay shipping if you buy a machine from them.
    I can't say enough good things about them. Their prices are competitive, everyone I have dealt with by phone or email has been nothing but pleasant and patient with me and a real desire to help. Jeff set's the tone and all his people follow his lead. It is a blueprint that all companies should follow with regards to customer service. Quite frankly, in this competitive environment, customer service is what sets most companies apart. My hard earned dollars go to the people/companies that value me as a customer like HTP.

22. Likes TraditionalToolworks, Oscar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe,

Yep and their 12020-F Flowmeter is a good example...

needed to replace my cheap lotos regulator that would stick and also stop flow on a really full new tank.

regular price $89.95

on sale for $35

and they shipped it free.

No leaks nice quality. Happy camper.
    HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS (Anniversary Edition)
    1962 Idealarc TIG 300 300
    1974 Idealarc TIG 300 300
    1988 HF Power MIG 150
    2015 Lotos Ltpdc2000d plasma/Stick/TIG
    Victor 100 torch, 200- 210 Oxy/Acet gauges

Post Thanks / Like

You can have the best customer service in the world but if you don't have a good product you don't have squat. I am an HTP customer and I am biased and I don't care. Here is the deal.
    My Htp MIG 240 has been going strong since 2002 and I beat the snot out of it (I think I replaced the liner once just because). My HTP micro cut 380 is still doing great since 2002 as well and all I did to that was replace the torch head last month. I hope to replace my Dyn 300DX with a Htp Invertig 400 in a year or so.
    www.tjsperformance.com
    Dynasty 300 DX
    HTP 240
    HTP Microcut 380
    Hyperthem 85
    JD2 Hyd Bender and HF Hyd Ring Roller all in one =(Frankenbender)
    Bpt. Mill/DRO
    4' x 8' CNC Plasma Table
    Instagram: tjsperformance
    YT: TJS Welding and Fabrication

25. Likes htpamerica_usaweld liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TJS View Post
    You can have the best customer service in the world but if you don't have a good product you don't have squat. I am an HTP customer and I am biased and I don't care. Here is the deal.
    My Htp MIG 240 has been going strong since 2002 and I beat the snot out of it (I think I replaced the liner once just because). My HTP micro cut 380 is still doing great since 2002 as well and all I did to that was replace the torch head last month. I hope to replace my Dyn 300DX with a Htp Invertig 400 in a year or so.
    Nice work on the Cobra intake manifold!

Post Thanks / Like

agree.

seems like his nonsense has been going on for years..... Blah Blah blah...

most times I just skip over the drivel.

and yeah, I'm very happy with my HTP221 not many HTP owners have any bad words about them.

neverlast? thats a different story
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

28. Likes metalman21 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TJS View Post
    I agree, but if you have a product of questionable quality and durability, your customer service goes a long way in carrying the day. On the other hand, if you have a quality product, you will probably do well even if your customer service is lacking because you have a quality product. Here, we seem to have the polar opposite of this. We have a company with a questionable product that is lacking in customer service as opposed to HTP which has very reliable products and their customer service is superb...

Anyway, that's my take on all of this....

30. Likes Oscar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Since it sounds like both welders are equivalent, how about you send me a green and red to put to the test and do an honest comparison of. I have a few aluminum rod holder projects in the works I can test them on. The real comparison of the machines should be done behind a hood, not on paper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcmyers21 View Post
    how about you send me a green and red to put to the test and do an honest comparison of.
    I'm sure they'll send you a red one, no problem what so ever. Have your CC ready, lol.

33. Likes htpamerica_usaweld liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some video coming soon full-tilt 400A.

Post Thanks / Like

I too went from an Everlast to an HTP221. While I haven't used the HTP enough to comment on longevity, I am very glad I chose not to support communist China with my purchase, since they have wrecked havoc with our lives and collectively cost us trillions in damages. My purchases going forward will be based on the same consideration.

36. Likes htpamerica_usaweld, TJS liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist