+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FYI HTP is having a sale on the Pro Pulse 220 MTS/Invertig 400/MIG 200i

Post Thanks / Like

FYI HTP is having a sale on the Pro Pulse 220 MTS/Invertig 400/MIG 200i

Saw this on their Instagram/Facebook. On the website it says they are giving away a bunch of stuff with the Pro Pulse 220 MTS. The Invertig 400 I don't see any difference so I dunno, I haven't asked. The MIG 200i looks like it has a discount. I think it was $100 or $200 more when regular price.

1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FYI HTP is having a sale on the Pro Pulse 220 MTS/Invertig 400/MIG 200i

They are having a Halloween sale right now. The 220 is less than 2grand!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jagboy69 View Post
    They are having a Halloween sale right now. The 220 is less than 2grand!
    Good call! I don't check their specials anymore as I have almost all of their machines, LOL. And in the event I don't, they'll just call me directly. They know the drill.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Good call! I don't check their specials anymore as I have almost all of their machines, LOL. And in the event I don't, they'll just call me directly. They know the drill.
    I picked up the last 220MTS. WOW, what a machine! I've had the 221 now for a few years and love that machine.
    I noticed tonight my MTS didn't come with a cover for the TIG plug. Is mine missing or did they cheap out on us?

Sorry the photo turned sideways. Vbulletin's time has come and gone... About 10years ago. :-(
    Name:  20211110_180644.jpg
Views: 1626
Size:  69.0 KB

Post Thanks / Like

None of my machines with the 14-pin receptacle came with a cover, so I'm pretty sure there simply isn't one. BTW, it also works for MIG & even stick welding (if you get the appropriate slider) to control the amps on-the-fly. Do you have it on C10 or C8 for the steel pulse programs?

Post Thanks / Like

---Meltedmetal

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought the 220MTS and didn't think to order some Aluminum wire in the order.

I wanted to try the Aluminum programs out so headed over to our Local LWS for some 4043.

They flat told me that I needed a spool gun to run Aluminum wire. I told them my new welder can run aluminum wire and that I would like a 5 to 8 lb roll of 4043.

The guy says we only have 4043 in 16lb rolls and that Definitely won't work in "my" welder.

I said how do you know what my welder works with...

He gives me an irritated look- and says well what welder is it.?

I say it is an HTP ProPulse 220MTS, and that i want to try welding some Aluminum and he says again that your welder will not run a 16lb roll of 4043 and you need to purchase a spool gun OR you are going to have massive bird nesting problems.

I say bring out that roll of 4043. They hemmed and hawed and bring out a 16lb. box of Alcotec 4043.
    I say that is even the wire that HTP recommends. I say I will take it and if I find out that the 220 will not run a 16 lb roll I will bring the box back un- opened. He says fine.

When I get home check HTP site and sure enough It shows the 16 lb rolls as OK to run in the Propulse line.

So in the welder it goes. changed to the A roller and followed the tension recommendations along with installing the 26 series torch and the .040 tip. Hooked up some straight argon and all I had to try was some .375 old Aluminum plate from a boat trailer due to The near argument at LWS, I forgot to pick up some fresh aluminum.

I just went to the 4043 pulse program and maxed out the amp wire speed and holy crap...

1st try and It joined up both sides and it isn't even rated to 3/8 Aluminum in the first place.

Anyway no bird nesting and with some practice I think I can get some nicer looking beads on some thinner new material.

Local LWS... "that welder" won't run Aluminum without a spool gun my a--
    HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS (Anniversary Edition)
    1962 Idealarc TIG 300 300
    1974 Idealarc TIG 300 300
    1988 HF Power MIG 150
    2015 Lotos Ltpdc2000d plasma/Stick/TIG
    Victor 100 torch, 200- 210 Oxy/Acet gauges

8. Likes Oscar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They just don't know. But then again, how are they supposed to, when HTP is still small-time compared to the big-names. Oh well.

I haven't tried it myself, but (I believe) you will get even better results with 0.040" wire. I believe that is what the machine was originally intended to run coming from Europe. It's not a common size here in the US, but Blue Demon can get it for me. I'm still debating ordering a roll, as I hardly do any aluminum.

Post Thanks / Like

LWS usually don't know what they are talking about, I picked up a roll of silver solder and flux ten years ago at an Airgas and they swore up and down that it couldn't be done with a propane torch. I told them that its melting point was well within the range of propane and they barely even let me buy the stuff, even though they were charging 3X the price you can buy the stuff for TODAY!

Long story short, the propane torch worked out perfectly and last I heard, the repair was still holding.

11. Likes 455dan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They wanted to sell you a complete acetylene setup together with that silver solder and flux to round out the deal!

13. Likes pedaldude liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They just don't know. But then again, how are they supposed to, when HTP is still small-time compared to the big-names. Oh well.

I haven't tried it myself, but (I believe) you will get even better results with 0.040" wire. I believe that is what the machine was originally intended to run coming from Europe. It's not a common size here in the US, but Blue Demon can get it for me. I'm still debating ordering a roll, as I hardly do any aluminum.
    Yeah I don't do much Aluminum either, but wanted AL MIG ability

I guess I was so wound up over the conversation at LWS that I didn't notice they actually sold me 5356 .035 which means i actually had it set to the wrong program.
    Going to keep the 5356 since it should be just fine. My son has been building electric bicycles and I figure it won't be long until they try and build / modify an Aluminum frame or I may even find a blown up Aluminum framed motorcycle and do a conversion. Also have a boat trailer I modded to make it a hauling trailer that needs some Aluminum welding done to the fenders.

I switched the 220 back to steel and the 24 gun and thought I would try straight CO2 even though there isn't a specific program for it.
    In manual mode I was able to get a really decent low spatter weld although it did take a bit of experimenting to find the best settings.
    The more time spent with this welder the more I am impressed with it.
    1988 HF Power MIG 150

Post Thanks / Like

You don't even wanna know what I've made it do that it isn't supposed to do, LOL.

16. Likes 455dan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I did my 1st real steel welds with the ProPulse 220MTS

Getting my small trailer back in shape to haul a Golf cart my wife bought. May be buying a metal lathe to.
    Ordered new tires, need to replace some of the 2 X 6 floor boards.

I built/converted this trailer a decade ago out of a junk boat trailer, We made due with the hitch but the PO had jack knifed it and bent the hitch which always made hitching/ unhooking the trailer a real pain.
    Cut the old Hitch off and drilled holes in the neck to hold the new hitch . I used the stitch program to weld in the backing plate and nuts because there is no way to get to them once the hitch is put over the square tubing.

Once the hitch was bolted in and safety chains added I plug welded the hitch through the 2 top holes that were left and then welded a 1/4 bolt for a secure ground for new LED tail Lights. I welded the hitch with the garage door open which would have been a mess with my previous welder. Even the gas coverage seems much improved with the HTP torch also virtually No spatter.[QUOTE[/QUOTE]Name:  PXL_20220211_235000717.jpg
Views: 1517
Size:  224.6 KBName:  PXL_20220211_235210910.jpg
Views: 1431
Size:  138.6 KBName:  PXL_20220211_235009875.jpg
Views: 1518
Size:  268.2 KB

ps. Dirt cheap connector cover for the ProPulse
    see the spray cans on the cart (yeah safety violation) took one of the tops off and ripped the ribs out with a pair of dykes.
    Screwed right on the threads.

Well that just didn't sound right...
    Last edited by 455dan; 02-11-2022 at 08:52 PM.
    1988 HF Power MIG 150

18. Likes Oscar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Makes ya just wanna use it more and more, eh?

20. Likes 455dan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What the LWSs fail to realize is Stel is bigger than Lincoln and Miller put together! Just like DHL, no one here in the states know who they are, but again, DHL is still bigger than Fedup and UPS put together. It's a great big world and people live in little bubbles.

If you want a treat, load your MTS up with a roll of Silbronze! You'll need 100% argon, but it's a great way to put steel together when ya don't need or want full penetration.

22. Likes Oscar, 455dan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jagboy69 View Post
    What the LWSs fail to realize is Stel is bigger than Lincoln and Miller put together! Just like DHL, no one here in the states know who they are, but again, DHL is still bigger than Fedup and UPS put together. It's a great big world and people live in little bubbles.

If you want a treat, load your MTS up with a roll of Silbronze! You'll need 100% argon, but it's a great way to put steel together when ya don't need or want full penetration.

My only nit pic with the 220 so far is there does not seem to be a way to run any 2 lb or other small center hole rolls of any wire.

If that is the only cost of the super smooth HTP/STEL wire feed it is well worth it.

Have a small hole roll of 309 stainless I would also like to try, Is there a way?

Silicon Bronze?? Mmm Already have 100% Argon for TIG and Aluminum

I do see HTP has 2lb rolls on 8 inch hubs.

Need a real welding shirt anyway.

Ordered. Excited to try sil/bronze MIG
    Last edited by 455dan; 02-14-2022 at 11:03 AM.
    1988 HF Power MIG 150

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the SilBronze program and it worked really really well. I have pics saved on my phone that I'll upload.

They sell adapters that can be used, but generally since these machines are geared more towards the industry workers by Stel, they don't mess with 2lb rolls for the most part, I'd say. The tighter winding of a 4" 2lb spool creates more curvature in the wire that is not a good thing.

25. Likes 455dan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It took a surprising amount of force to get it to give. The ⅛" steel bent before the braze did.

27. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oscar,,,,settings on the 220??

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the SilBronze program and it worked really really well. I have pics saved on my phone that I'll upload.

They sell adapters that can be used, but generally since these machines are geared more towards the industry workers by Stel, they don't mess with 2lb rolls for the most part, I'd say. The tighter winding of a 4" 2lb spool creates more curvature in the wire that is not a good thing.
    I guess this is why Usaweld sells 2lbs on an 8" spool? I too am looking forward to trying SilBrz with my PP220 and having the preset parameters ready looks like a great starting point but, what size wire did you use in those pics? Is that like 1/8" coupons? I want to try it on Autobody panels (which is becoming more & more necessary with modern steels & tempers on newer cars).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillE.Dee View Post
    Oscar,,,,settings on the 220??
    for WFS and Volts: stock for the material thickness.

Post Thanks / Like

accidental double post.
    Last edited by Oscar; 02-15-2022 at 05:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BaTu View Post
    I guess this is why Usaweld sells 2lbs on an 8" spool? I too am looking forward to trying SilBrz with my PP220 and having the preset parameters ready looks like a great starting point but, what size wire did you use in those pics? Is that like 1/8" coupons? I want to try it on Autobody panels (which is becoming more & more necessary with modern steels & tempers on newer cars).
    I used the 030 pulsed-spray SilBr program. The synergic programs for that diameter have settings down to 0.032". If you needed to braze thinner you could perhaps try 0.023" in Manual Mode, but you'd have to obviously do your own testing to find the right settings.

Post Thanks / Like

I used the 030 pulsed-spray SilBr program. The synergic programs for that diameter have settings down to 0.032". If you needed to braze thinner you could perhaps try 0.023" in Manual Mode, but you'd have to obviously do your own testing to find the right settings.
    That is what I will try- manual mode 1st.

I bought .023 wire. and although interested in testing thicker braze , in reality autobody sheet metal is probably where I am headed also as far as actual use that might be a real needed use.

Then again and you got me thinking here... can broken cast iron be Si Bronze "migged"
    Last edited by 455dan; 02-15-2022 at 10:41 PM.
    1988 HF Power MIG 150

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 455dan View Post
    That is what I will try- manual mode 1st.

I bought .023 wire. and although interested in testing thicker braze , in reality autobody sheet metal is probably where I am headed also as far as actual use that might be a real needed use.

Then again and you got me thinking here... can broken cast iron be Si Bronze "migged"
    This would be one area where the Pro Pulse 300 is even better. In the 300, it is rated down to 0.023" material thickness using 030 SilBr wire on pulse. That's even thinner [material] than what the synergic non-pulse program is rated for, which is 0.032" material thickness. I suspect the power supply is better able to control the pulses to deposit filler more precisely, although I haven't tried it.

As to MIG'ing cast iron with SilBr, perhaps with pre-heat it might be possible. I know I've seen videos of TIG'ing it using preheat. I don't see why not with MIG.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist