+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 330 A/BP black face plate needed

Post Thanks / Like

330 A/BP black face plate needed

I would like some advice on where I could find a black face plate for a 1983 330 A/BP. The one I have is in very bad shape it bent up and you cant read half of it. I have started a restoration of this one and I hate to have to use the ugly one.
    Thanks

2. Likes jst1t liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 330 A/BP black face plate needed

You can try these guys . They have many there, hopefully one that matches your machine.

https://lincolncontrolplates.com/mil...control_plates

Best of luck
    Airco 250 ac/dc Heliwelder Square wave
    Miller Synchrowave 180 sd
    Miller Econo Twin HF
    Lincoln 210 MP
    Dayton 225 ac/dc
    Victor torches
    Snap-On YA-212
    Lotos Cut60D
    Primeweld 225 ac/dc
    Primeweld mig180
    Miller AEAD-200

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I looked at them already. There is probably not much demand for this on an old and obsolete welder but, it's what I have. I would be happy with a used one almost anything is better than what I have.

Post Thanks / Like

Im surprised they don't have one listed. I know a few people that have that welder. My one friend has the unit his father used at CurtisWright back in the 60's . You should give them a call, they might have something, just not listed on web. They can make them on the computer, and print them up pretty easily. Sign guys can make them up and print them in vinyl, like the car/truck vinyl wraps. They might not be as cheap as the control plate site.

Name:  EconoTwinHFFaceplate.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  156.6 KB

I haven't bought one for my econoTwinHF yet. Its a black plate with white letters. to fix worn lettering, and add new options, I used a PTouch label maker with white lettering on clear tape. Many of the ones I see on craigslist have been written on in magic marker.
    Some even have the old Dymo labesl on them , often very faded.

Pics ?
    Airco 250 ac/dc Heliwelder Square wave
    Miller Synchrowave 180 sd
    Miller Econo Twin HF
    Lincoln 210 MP
    Dayton 225 ac/dc
    Victor torches
    Snap-On YA-212
    Lotos Cut60D
    Primeweld 225 ac/dc
    Primeweld mig180
    Miller AEAD-200

Post Thanks / Like

Since I am restoring this machine I would like a nice face plate. My face plate is not even good enough to scan and make a decal. I have a vinyl cutter so I might could cut the main parts out if I had a good scan of one. I have an older machine with the silver face plate so I may be forced to use it or scan that one but, I really don't want to go that route.

Post Thanks / Like

This is what I have to work with. You can't tell from the picture but, it's bent up pretty bad also

Name:  IMG_2919.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  151.8 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jacklegjim View Post
    This is what I have to work with. You can't tell from the picture but, it's bent up pretty bad also

Name:  IMG_2919.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  151.8 KB
    That looks plenty decent enough to work off of... I have 'repaired'(digitally) old photos worse than that since you have a vinyl cutter anyways section it out if you can't do it whole... get a hires scan or pic of it then remaster it in photoshop or you favorite editor... I like the Gimp myself.

Or fix it digitally then send the file out to one of the engraving/printing shops they can screen you a whole new panel then you can cut/mill out the openings.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you looked to see if you can get one from Miller? According to this you can order one by model and serial number.

https://www.millerwelds.com/files/ow.../O340K_MIL.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

if you can run faceplate through a copier and give me pdf images, even if they are sectioned images, i can convert / draw and size accordingly into 1 drawing file for recreation for silk screening (like original) or an engraved plate. I too have a welder like that. i have been meaning to recreate a faceplate for. I have white face plate. I have a plate engraver that I make signs with. Just have not had time to dis-assemble my welder to measure and scan the faceplate. I know many people don't recommend them for aluminum but I don't seem to have trouble welding aluminum with it. Expensive welders with all the options make welding aluminum easier but you can create nice welds without the fancy expensive weld control features once you get to know your welder. I really like my 330 A/BP.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist