+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lincoln Ranger 10,000 No weld power, No aux power

Post Thanks / Like

Lincoln Ranger 10,000 No weld power, No aux power

I've had this machine since new. Tuesday a buddy put gas in for me and spilled gas all over the machine. I allowed the machine to dry, then started the machine for the day made 2 welds then it just lost all power. the machine will rape up when you try to strike an arch or start a grinder using the 110V power outlets. The arch is a very small spark and the power to the grinder is just enough to slowly spin the disk. Looking for any advice to help trouble shoot this problem. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lincoln Ranger 10,000 No weld power, No aux power

with out the code number I can't look up the right machine. there are about 6 different models. in general go to the brushes. with an ohm meter check and see if it read about 5 ohms between them. If slip rings are black they may need to be cleaned. If ok, clip meter leads to brushes and route leads so they do not catch on anything moving. set meter for DC volts. start engine. should read around 2.5vdc while cranking, then rise to some where between 10 and 50 volts.
    This depends on weld control knob setting. low amps 10 volts and turn all the way up 50 volts. Check welder and look for a remote control select switch. if it has one you might be stuck at minimum output. if no switch and stuck at minimum then look at output control pot and make sure it is not open. (should be 10K ohms) unplugged.
    Next make sure 12vdc battery voltage is getting to the control pcb. comes from the oil pressure switch. with 12 to 14 volts to pcb and no or low voltage out to brushes.
    control good. PCB might be bad. you will need help and service diagrams next.

3. Likes panhandle806 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 2972
Size:  1.12 MBName:  Capture1.PNG
Views: 3207
Size:  1.40 MBName:  weld front.PNG
Views: 3341
Size:  1.47 MB
    So after reading your response yesterday. I went home and polished the split rings and pulled the brushes. no apparent cracks in the split rings and approximately 3/4" of brush left when I pulled the brush assembly out. Have not had a chance to check with ohm meter as of today. I did upload a couple of photos, if you need to look at more photos for help in a diagnosis I will be more than happy to take more. As far as having a remote switch I am not aware of one on this machine.
    Last edited by panhandle806; 06-13-2020 at 06:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Told you i was talking in general. yes your machine does not have any plugs for feeders or remotes. so it won't have switches.
    If you want a trouble shooting diagram, you will have to send me your email.
    Can't post copy righted material here.
    Click on my name at the top of this post to open the private messenger.

Post Thanks / Like

I am looking for help my ranger 10000 is producing some power 24v ac at plug in and sparks a little at leads. Cleaned brushes and slip rings but still no change looking for help

Post Thanks / Like

You should really start a new thread. You will get more help that way.
    Miller Multimatic 255

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like welder sat for years or stop .
    The slip rings or brush needs cleaning.
    I have own a lot of old generators over year and the all need cleaning from age to bugs 🐛 dieing on the slip rings.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by panhandle806 View Post
    I've had this machine since new. Tuesday a buddy put gas in for me and spilled gas all over the machine. I allowed the machine to dry, then started the machine for the day made 2 welds then it just lost all power. the machine will rape up when you try to strike an arch or start a grinder using the 110V power outlets. The arch is a very small spark and the power to the grinder is just enough to slowly spin the disk. Looking for any advice to help trouble shoot this problem. Thank you

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist