+ Reply to Thread

Thread: That lasted about a week or 2

Post Thanks / Like

That lasted about a week or 2

So much for livin the lazy 40 hour a week life....this week i worked 74 hours out in the strippins on one job on a dozer and finished it, meanwhile in the middle of the week wendsday i think it was Joe called and asked if i could repair a gear cover for a shovel. This thing is settin at the shop, look at it see what you can do with it. Get there about 10 at night or so, and says to myself...Self... here ya go... life and the miners just cant seem to function without you, so i fixed it up, took a nap til 5 am or so got 2 biscuits and went out to another job at another mine. Looks like the next few weeks is gonna be more of the sanme...got to remeber to stay focused...got o get a new phone...left it somewhere and cant find it since thursdy. hi ho hi ho its off to worki go

2. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: That lasted about a week or 2

Hope you enjoyed your vacation !
    Yea I know , it never lasts long for me either. The office decides to cut overtime, then a week or two later we're "behind schedule", the "lines down again" etc etc.... Big meeting in office followed by "we need overtime to get back on schedule". Back to 60 hrs a week.

Be Safe out there.
    Last edited by albrightree; 07-18-2020 at 09:00 AM.
    Airco 250 ac/dc Heliwelder Square wave
    Miller Synchrowave 180 sd
    Miller Econo Twin HF
    Lincoln 210 MP
    Dayton 225 ac/dc
    Victor torches
    Snap-On YA-212
    Lotos Cut60D
    Primeweld 225 ac/dc
    Primeweld mig180
    Miller AEAD-200

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by albrightree View Post
    Hope you enjoyed your vacation !
    Yea I know , it never lasts long for me either. The office decides to cut overtime, then a week or two later we're "behind schedule", the "lines down again" etc etc.... Big meeting in office followed by "we need overtime to get back on schedule". Back to 60 hrs a week.

Be Safe out there.
    Most of this work was a new customer Joe picked up a few weeks ago, they had another outfit there but they ran em off. 2 guys were there and most of what they did was a mess. They said that when they werent makin a mess they were playin on their phone. Playin on a phone dont float very well in this neck of the woods, most evryone around here is an old school miner, logger, or farm boy who grew up workin like a dog when he could tie his bootlaces.

But anyway for me its all good, Im happy doin what i do, and i was startin to get on my wifes nerves

From what I was told we will get to fix up their mess, when we get some other stuff done.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm trying so hard to retire and it just ain't working. Decided to do a metal fence job for a lady down the road a bit. Around $30,000 worth of fence. At 70, these 108 degree days are not for me. I told her it would go slow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I'm trying so hard to retire and it just ain't working. Decided to do a metal fence job for a lady down the road a bit. Around $30,000 worth of fence. At 70, these 108 degree days are not for me. I told her it would go slow.

I dont plan to retire, i go nuts when im not busy, so i figure i might as well keep goin and make some money doin it as long as i enjoy the work and got the rig here. yeah the heat aint fun, we been in the high 90s here the past 2 or 3 weeks and the humidity can be stifling. Couple that with black lung and COPD and evrything else i stuck into my lungs and then the aches and pains from 55 years of abusing my bones it goes slower than it used to. 108? Good Lord i think i would die in that heat, you be safe there Bob. But that 30 thousand makes it easier to deal with

7. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At this point it's just walking around money. I just bought 223 acres, built a 40x75 metal building on it, enclosed a third and moved in. I'm moving my crap out of the old shop, over 30 years worth, and it's been a real job in itself. I am getting close though. When my house sells, I guess then, I will officially retire.

9. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

well whenever you do retire enjoy yourself, i see a lot of huntin and fishin in your future

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist