Thread: mm250 spoolgun 30A

Post Thanks / Like

mm250 spoolgun 30A

On the miller matic 250 (older machine) ... does the wfs control on the machine have any effect on the wfs on the 30A spool gun? OR does the spool gun get full control direct from the connection on the machine??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: mm250 spoolgun 30A

I don't think the WFS on the machine has any effect on the wire speed of the spool gun. That's why the spool gun has it's own wire speed control. You can look up manuals on the Miller site.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Dave. That is what I thought, but was talkin with a guy that has a machine and he claims that his wfs has an effect on his spool gun. Different make machine, I do know that. I did a 6 second run on different settings on mine and did come up with some awesome wire speed. The manual I have for my spool gun shows max speed is 720 at #10, so I wrote my own findings and use those numbers.

Post Thanks / Like

On the MM250 with the Spoolmate 30 the wire speed is definitely on the spool gun, the machine know has no effect.
    Ernie F.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by metalman21 View Post
    On the MM250 with the Spoolmate 30 the wire speed is definitely on the spool gun, the machine know has no effect.
    thanks Ernie.