+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New HTP 200 amp MIG - MTS 210

Post Thanks / Like

New HTP 200 amp MIG - MTS 210

Just saw this on Instagram, and it's on their website. Yet another new machine that they're popping into their line-up. Says it will be available September. Fills in the gap between their MIG 200i and the Pro Pulse 220MTS.

HTP MTS 210

Called and asked, and they said it's just a "pro pulse 220 MTS" but without the pulse programs, which just leaves 9 programs; which are synergic so there are built-in curves based on material thickness, just no pulse is included, so that's what makes it cheaper. All the rest of the features and adjustability are still there. Website says you can purchase an upgrade to add the Pulse features/programs later on. No, I'm not going to buy one, lol.

So then these would be the programs left after removing the pulse programs

1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New HTP 200 amp MIG - MTS 210

Nice I guess. I was kind of hoping they would come out with a cheaper version of the Pro pulse 300. I can get a Multimatic 255 and a push pull gun for less money than it takes to get a Pro pulse 300.
    Miller Multimatic 255

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louie1961 View Post
    Nice I guess. I was kind of hoping they would come out with a cheaper version of the Pro pulse 300. I can get a Multimatic 255 and a push pull gun for less money than it takes to get a Pro pulse 300.
    A cheaper version of the Pro Pulse 300 does exist. It's called the Pro Pulse 220MTS. But really, the PP300 is a beast of a machine, and from what I've gathered, the 1/3-Φ power supply has a lot to do with the price of the machine. The other "simpler" versions on the Stel website don't have 1-Φ capable power supplies, only 400V/3-Φ capability. Even if you could get the other ones in a 1-Φ version, then you'd lose the "pulse" aspect of the whole thing and just have a 300A MIG. I mean it's not a bad idea, but I don't think such a thing will be realized.

Besides, the Pro Pulse 300 is IMO way above the league of the Millermatic 255 from what I have seen in videos. Sure the max output amps of the MM255 is 350A, but if you look at it's pulse, it's pretty much crap, even on proper 90/10 gas....like this one here...look at pretty much any weld in that video and tell me there isn't spatter....

I have yet to see one video of someone using it and not seeing a crap load of spatter on pulse-MIG on steel. The spatter should be 99.5% completely absent with the exception of the initial start when the wire does have to actually touch the material and initiate the arc. (except for pulse aluminum, which will, when it's room-temp cold, have some sparks/spatter initially; once the piece warms up, the spatter drops down significantly).

The Pro Pulse 300 on the other hand, truly does deliver spatter-free pulse MIG, and can pulse up to 600A & nearly 40V on the pulse peaks, so you can even run the (steel) pulse programs on C25. Using C8-C10 creates a better axial delivery of the droplets, but it can still run a very good pulsed-spray delivery even on C25. So there's quite a bit more than just rated amps vs dollar price.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't exactly call a 20 amp spread a hole in their lineup. Wast of time.

Post Thanks / Like

Careful Oscar, your shill is showing.
    Miller Multimatic 255

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louie1961 View Post
    Careful Oscar, your shill is showing.
    Nah, no shill here, just calling it truthfully how I see it. I'm a 100% hobbyist on my own, that has a good career and doesn't need any handouts.

Post Thanks / Like

The website says that the MTS 210 has already been sold, and that it was so popular...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ben_john7 View Post
    The website says that the MTS 210 has already been sold, and that it was so popular...
    Theyre probably being careful on their initial orders because they're still small time compared to other brands. I'm sure (as a guess) they will bring in more to meet demands.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that's probably true

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist