+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone made storage lockers?

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone made storage lockers?

I need to make some storage lockers. Maybe I should call them cabinets because they don't need to lock, and they don't need to be weatherproof. Varying heights to fit the space (windows above some) from 4 to 6 feet and about 16" deep, all fastened together along a wall for 20 feet. Outdoors but in a covered area (breezeway). I would like to fasten them to the wall but still have legs on the front. Thinking of using either square tubing or angle for the framework. The angle would certainly be easier to bolt to the wall, and I have some surplus lengths of it. I also have a lot of sheet. I would be interested in seeing/hearing how you built yours.
    Miller Challenger 172
    Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC 225/150
    Miller Maxstar 150 STL
    Victor 100C
    Victor Journeyman
    Oxweld OA
    Harris O/A
    Smith O/A little torch

No, that's not my car.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone made storage lockers?

I use 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 1/8 angle for all the framing and 1x1x1/8 across the front and read of the cabinet for shelf supports.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone made storage lockers?

Quote Originally Posted by bigb View Post
    I need to make some storage lockers. Maybe I should call them cabinets because they don't need to lock, and they don't need to be weatherproof. Varying heights to fit the space (windows above some) from 4 to 6 feet and about 16" deep, all fastened together along a wall for 20 feet. Outdoors but in a covered area (breezeway). I would like to fasten them to the wall but still have legs on the front. Thinking of using either square tubing or angle for the framework. The angle would certainly be easier to bolt to the wall, and I have some surplus lengths of it. I also have a lot of sheet. I would be interested in seeing/hearing how you built yours.
    Use the angle...this way you arent losing that little bit of storage area, and like you said its easier to fasten to the wall. Easier to fit the corners too

4. Likes ronsii liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist