+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HTP Gas Fitting 90°

Post Thanks / Like

HTP Gas Fitting 90°

Does anyone know where to find a gas fitting that is 90° on this invertig 221 htp? I am waiting to put the cover over the machine without having to fight it over the gas in line and looking for "1/4" BS fitting"s are not getting me the correct fitting type. I found one on ebay but it's only got a inverted cone inside of it so it has no sealing abilities for this machine.
    Here is kind of what I am looking for but this one DOES NOT WORK: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-4-6mm-Bar...e-b3cdab1c4d21

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HTP Gas Fitting 90°

Quote Originally Posted by jesusday View Post
    Does anyone know where to find a gas fitting that is 90° on this invertig 221 htp? I am waiting to put the cover over the machine without having to fight it over the gas in line .
    Are you putting the cover on correctly?

There IS a FRONT side and back side........

I never had a problem getting the cover on mine.
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems unless the cover has slot the hose sticking out the back would interfere with the cover going on over it easily.

We are talking about vinyl protective covers not the machine cover itself. Correct ?

This is the typical 90° for inert gases.

https://simsupply.com/departments/b2...%7C%20%2410.45
    Last edited by danielplace; 10-04-2020 at 02:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danielplace View Post
    Seems unless the cover has slot the hose sticking out the back would interfere with the cover going on over it easily.

We are talking about vinyl protective covers not the machine cover itself. Correct ?
    The stock HTP cover has a cut out in back for the gas line and a cut out in front for the dinse plugs.

If you try to put it on backwards you will have a hard time.

Hate to say it, But it's pretty Obvious which way it goes on....
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    HTP 221

Post Thanks / Like

We are talking about the vinyl cover. If you didnt mind velcroing It every time it wouldnt matter, but I am looking to drop it on and pull it off John. This is because it is up high and back in a corner.
    Danielplace, that looks like it but I am thinking that male cone would need to have a female swivel threaded nut on there instead of that male threaded one...

Post Thanks / Like

We are talking about the vinyl cover. If you didnt mind velcroing It every time it wouldnt matter, but I am looking to drop it on and pull it off John. This is because it is up high and back in a corner.
    Danielplace, that looks like it but I am thinking that male cone would need to have a female swivel threaded nut on there instead of that male threaded one...
    Your machine must be female inlet isn't it ? They always are because all made up factory inert gas lines are male at both ends. One for machine and one for the regulator.

That male should thread right in the machine and the female would accept the hose.

Not sure why it wouldn't work unless the HTP has a whacked gas inlet. Usually a female. Never mind I just looked it up and finally found it on video since HTP doesn't have any decent pictures anywhere I could find of the back.

It has male threads sticking out. That is a$$ backwards. Yes I am sure you could do something to get the 90° but that one would have been perfect and exactly what it is designed for. You start adapting things then the 90° will stick out to far.
    Last edited by danielplace; 10-05-2020 at 10:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I NEVER velcro the back of the cover... I drop it on... maybe give it a slight pull (like any cover) and it drops right down all the way..... And the straight gas fitting comes through the cut away....

It's perfect.

maybe you got a bum cover...? who knows....

Lots of HTP owners here..... Maybe another 221 owner will chime in.
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    HTP 221

Post Thanks / Like

My cover is from 2013 so it doesn't have velcro anything. I have to disconnect the gas line when I put the cover on. This other cover must be a lot newer.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

Post Thanks / Like

danielplace, since you found that fitting for me, I'm going to get it and see if that joint is just soldered together. If it is, I got another fitting that I can drill the swivel nut off of and I'll try putting it on your fitting to make it work.
    Wish I could post pictures on this to save you guys some time looking things up.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the backside of my cover.

It does what it supposed to do.... Cover the machine.

I ‘guess’if you really wanted to nitpick,
    You could pull it down maybe another quarter inch.... but not enough to make a big deal about.

And even if you did,
    It would only require is a small slit with a razor knife.

Much to do about nothing if you ask me

Yeah I know you didn’t ask.

Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    HTP 221

Post Thanks / Like

FOUND ONE!!!!!
    They are calling it a "Flowfit BSP 90° Swivel Female Hydraulic Hose Fitting" on ebay. Get the 1/4" BSPP 90° version. It ships from the UK but was not very long at all.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flowfit-BSP...72.m2749.l2649

Just keep the velcro loose and toss the cover on and off. Seems to be working well so far.
    Name:  Screenshot (3).jpg
Views: 404
Size:  46.0 KB

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist