+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rebel 215ic EMP Problem

Post Thanks / Like

Rebel 215ic EMP Problem

Hi Everyone! I have a Rebel 215ic EMP. The machine powers up, and on the user interface I can scroll through all the options. However, when I select any weld process, the unit just freeze up and I have to turn the machine off then on again. I tried to do a factory reset from the user interface options, but the unit still freezes and I get “Err 000.” I suspect it may be a bad control board because I am not getting a version number under “Firmware Information” as the picture below shows. Also, when ordering and replacing the user interface or control board, do they come with the correct firmware already loaded or are they just blank boards that require the firmware to be loaded by a technician. Thanks for any help!

Name:  20201005_184746.jpg
Views: 1290
Size:  88.1 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rebel 215ic EMP Problem

This is the problem I had with mine. After getting the 2nd replacement machine I dumped it on E-bay. ( both came with firmware installed but were complete units ) Good Luck !
    Thermal Arc 320SP ( Lorch )
    Cobra Pythons
    Thermal Arc 300 AC/DC ( Sanrex )
    ESAB 301i AC/DC ( Lorch )
    Thermal Arc 161STL ( WTL )
    Thermal Arc 190S ( Sanrex )
    Cut Master 82, 42. Cut45 ( WTL )
    Victor Gas Apps.
    Boxes and boxes of welding crap.

Post Thanks / Like

New control pcb will come programed but it may not operate well.
    it will depend on the software on the other pcbs if they will respond well or even talk to each other. Do call EASB tech support and tell them what you see in the firmware window and ask what is the best way to get the welder repaired. Ask if there is a service shop near that can load and update the software. It might just need a software update. If you are in northern California you could come see me.

Post Thanks / Like

How did you make out with this? I have been going threw the 215IC service manual and have noticed that there are some "Options" on the board that are NOT utilized, but I imagine could be with the right firmware. For example, there is a connector for a TIG gas solenoid, and there seems to be a function for a wireless remote control. There could be more, I would have to dig into the firmware to see what is and isnt available.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist