Thread: This Helmet

Post Thanks / Like

This Helmet

Dear Friends

I'm Saeed
    Mycolleagues and I are working on a startup idea, which is engaged in the designand production of an Augmented-Reality-based welding helmet. I try to explainthe idea for you: A helmet with an external camera and an internal LCD display,the welder just watch through the helmet's display(there is not any directvision through the helmet), the system shows you the welding area clearly andit adjusts the light intelligently to enhance vision quality in anysituation(welding or non-welding periods) and it displays the weldingparameters (such as welding machine voltage and current), welding zonetemperature and also alarm the detected defects, it may enable you to controlwelding parameters remotely too.
    To find out more about our potential customers and the market, we areseeking some information about the actual situation and will be really thankfulif you can guide us about them, youranswers will extremely help us through our way and can lead us to the rightdestination.
    Hint:It isn't necessary to answer all questions entirely, give us any opinion youhave.

1- Does it matter to youto know the exact preheat and interpass temperatures at the time ofwelding?
    2- How do you measure thetemperature now?
    3- Does it matter to you to be ableto control the welding machine remotely?
    4- How often do you recognize awelding defect by visual inspection during the welding?
    5- How much do you think that theability to know the exact temperature and control the welding machine remotelycan help you in reducing welding time/ increasing the weld quality?

Your answers and guidance are highly appreciated andwe are honored to show our appreciation by offering you a free trial of ourproduct whenever it is ready for the market.
    Thanksfor your time and consideration in advance.

BestRegards,
    SaeedMokhtari
    [SPAM LINK REMOVED]
    Last edited by Tensaiteki; 08-16-2021 at 09:06 PM. Reason: SPAM LINK REMOVED

2. Likes Mike Arthur liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Helmet

Hmmmmm.

I am afraid to click on the link.
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX4ea,Dynasty200DX,Li ncolnSW200-2ea.,MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig2ea,MigMax1ea.

Post Thanks / Like

Can I Use a Welding Helmet to View an Eclipse?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    Hmmmmm.

I am afraid to click on the link.
    i dont blame u, i wouldnt touch/trust anything from a name like that (SaeedMokhatari)

Post Thanks / Like

First post too.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

What in the actually hell is even going on here?
    Quote Originally Posted by karenberys View Post
    In many industries, for example, mining, energy, construction, or forestry, the risk of head injury is present at every step for workers. Due to the nature of the activities carried out in these work environments, it is not always possible to eliminate these risks only through appropriate organizational solutions or with the help of collective protective equipment. And with a [SPAM LINK REMOVED] on google, I found out everything about the best headphones I can have for my people in the company when I'm on site.
    Last edited by Tensaiteki; 08-16-2021 at 09:04 PM. Reason: DO NOT QUOTE SPAM MESSAGES
    It seemed like a good idea at the time!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow what a thread

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting concept though... using camera technology to avoid the welding flash. My understanding of digital cams is that you can actually damage them by continually taking pics of things like the sun. I can't say I've ever seen it happen myself and I've shot lots of sunsets. I wonder if using it as a welding helmet wouldn't tend to have a shorter life span than the technologies we are using? Is he saying there will also be a temperature display to constantly monitor the temperature of the weld... or is it all just BS to get you to the spam?
    250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
    Interesting concept though... using camera technology to avoid the welding flash. My understanding of digital cams is that you can actually damage them by continually taking pics of things like the sun. I can't say I've ever seen it happen myself and I've shot lots of sunsets. I wonder if using it as a welding helmet wouldn't tend to have a shorter life span than the technologies we are using? Is he saying there will also be a temperature display to constantly monitor the temperature of the weld... or is it all just BS to get you to the spam?
    A lot of YouTube channels that record arc shots put a welding lens in front of the camera.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

11. Likes whtbaron liked this post