+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HELP!!! Need parts for Parker 36 series push pull!!!

Post Thanks / Like

HELP!!! Need parts for Parker 36 series push pull!!!

I have a 3 month old Everlast PoweriMIG 275. I bought it new for a big project with the 20' Parker 36 series push pull and things have been ok until the last couple days. Something seems to be wrong with the liner as I keep having feed issues. I am running 0.35 4043 through the 20' whip (I know, kind of small diameter for the distance, needed to weld everything from 14ga to 1/4'' with the same set up) and its really costing me in down time and wasted wire. I've talked to both (yes only two) Parker affiliates in North America and both said Parker is very hard to deal with and it takes 3-4 MONTHS to get parts from them!!! Everlast is next to useless on this issue as they apparently cannot get a response back from Parker after over 4 months of waiting. I'm pretty screwed and feel like Everlast should be upfront about not being able to source any parts for the Parker line, even though they sell their products as good pairings with their machines. Aside from the liner there are other things I need to replace on the gun and this project is due for delivery in about 3 weeks. Should have bought something made in the US, I knew Everlast was too good to be true.

2. Likes John Canfield liked this post
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HELP!!! Need parts for Parker 36 series push pull!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joeham View Post
    I have a 3 month old Everlast PoweriMIG 275. I bought it new for a big project with the 20' Parker 36 series push pull and things have been ok until the last couple days. Something seems to be wrong with the liner as I keep having feed issues. I am running 0.35 4043 through the 20' whip (I know, kind of small diameter for the distance, needed to weld everything from 14ga to 1/4'' with the same set up) and its really costing me in down time and wasted wire. I've talked to both (yes only two) Parker affiliates in North America and both said Parker is very hard to deal with and it takes 3-4 MONTHS to get parts from them!!! Everlast is next to useless on this issue as they apparently cannot get a response back from Parker after over 4 months of waiting. I'm pretty screwed and feel like Everlast should be upfront about not being able to source any parts for the Parker line, even though they sell their products as good pairings with their machines. Aside from the liner there are other things I need to replace on the gun and this project is due for delivery in about 3 weeks. Should have bought something made in the US, I knew Everlast was too good to be true.
    We can get parts. But the question is did you call in and run through a diagnosis, or did you self diagnose? The gun has a warranty and if it is defective the whole gun would be replaced. What parts do you need? Good luck on buying made in US.

Honestly it sounds as if you are upset, but you don't have your facts straight. You have a 3 month old 275, but then you have been waiting on parts for over 4 months? You've talked to Parker, but haven't said what we said. Our source on Parker isn't the US. At most it would take two weeks on a part if shipped from the factory if we don't have it. But then, again if there is a problem (which you don't specify what it is) with the gun, then it would be under warranty.

The Power i-MIG 275P is designed more for steel and stainless if you are using the pulse. It isn't a great choice for welding Aluminum as the pulse is manual. If you wanted to weld aluminum, the 253DPi is unquestionably the best choice and is designed with Aluminum in mind and is fully synergic...and has hot start.

If you think you got the wrong unit, and need to upgrade, we offer a 6 month trade up policy as well.

Again, not sure what the problem is, but it sounds like you need to talk with us again.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Post Thanks / Like

If it is simply consumables, it is interchangeable with Binzel MB36KD and Trafimet Ergo 36 gun consumables. Easy to find almost anywhere on the net, and at many independent LWS, and is even listed on airgas site.

Any delay in our parts right now would be due to covid shutdowns in the factories...but in our main factories we haven't had any.

If you like, you can pm me.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    We can get parts. But the question is did you call in and run through a diagnosis, or did you self diagnose? The gun has a warranty and if it is defective the whole gun would be replaced. What parts do you need? Good luck on buying made in US.

Honestly it sounds as if you are upset, but you don't have your facts straight. You have a 3 month old 275, but then you have been waiting on parts for over 4 months? You've talked to Parker, but haven't said what we said. Our source on Parker isn't the US. At most it would take two weeks on a part if shipped from the factory if we don't have it. But then, again if there is a problem (which you don't specify what it is) with the gun, then it would be under warranty.

The Power i-MIG 275P is designed more for steel and stainless if you are using the pulse. It isn't a great choice for welding Aluminum as the pulse is manual. If you wanted to weld aluminum, the 253DPi is unquestionably the best choice and is designed with Aluminum in mind and is fully synergic...and has hot start.

If you think you got the wrong unit, and need to upgrade, we offer a 6 month trade up policy as well.

Again, not sure what the problem is, but it sounds like you need to talk with us again.
    Hmmm, I've had no problems using the 275P on aluminum. What's wrong with me? Maybe because I could give a rip about synergic functions? Compared to what I grew up on (even the first inverters like the Hobart PortaFlex) it performs rather well!

I'm glad I didn't spring for the Parker gun after reading this.

6. Likes lugweld liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist