Quote Originally Posted by bigb View Post
That sure looks a lot like Tucson, Aleppo pines and all. Why don't you rig up a welding curtain across the ends to help hide stuff, plus if a thief sees welding flashes at night he will know there's tools in there. Plus it will cut down on the cold, icy wind on days like today where it barely got over 60. Also for the wiring MC cable works great in a shop, not as easily damaged or burnt and it looks a lot better than plastic conduit. Of course EMT is best but more time to do.
If you are in Tucson you might be interested in a big swamp cooler for the summer, I have a nearly new 6,500 on wheels that I used at construction job sites that I was going to sell now that I am retired. It has a trailer to move it.
I'm in an older part of Glendale (50yrs +/-). I don't do much, if anything at night so as to be a good neighbor and let mine have peaceful evenings. If I have to weld and it's windy I'll move back into the garage, but I don't see that happening very often since I don't have any schedule to stick to.

I used EMT and metal boxes for all the electrical outlets - it gives me another place to hang the lighter tools from!

I'm as native as it gets, so even during summer - with shade and a fan - I'm good to go. If I ever retire and spend a lot more time out there, then I could see getting a swamp cooler.