Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zap needs a hug

Post Thanks / Like

Zap needs a hug

Zap;
    Just curious. Why lock a thread nobody got inappropriate, & it died a week ago?
    The Hair splitting threat about what to call a wire feed process was at worst boring, and at best boring.
    What gives?
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

2. Likes Joegreen02 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zap needs a hug

In my opinion, The thread that need to be completely deleted is the Politics thread.

I know of a couple other forums that don't allow political talk at all.

After all, Are we here to talk welding and fabrication OR call each other Azzholes and jerk offs?
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    In my opinion, The thread that need to be completely deleted is the Politics thread.

After all, Are we here to talk welding and fabrication OR call each other Azzholes and jerk offs?
    I will defend Zap to my death on the value of that thread. The political thread gave me & you the option of not falling into that hole.
    I don't chose to spend my life hand wringing about politics. Those who do have a place for that stuff.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

5. Likes thegary, Hobbytime liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My 2 cents worth says I am pleased with the way the forum is run, don't change anything.

Post Thanks / Like

No one is holding a gun to your head to make you go to the political thread. If you don't like it , don't open it. In the past it has been restarted when there is a new administration so in a few months it will be renewed anyway.
    Last edited by thegary; 11-07-2020 at 10:47 PM.

8. Likes Hobbytime, ronsii, 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This site is a lot like watching TV in that you choose the channels you want to watch.
    Ol' Stonebreaker
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes"
    Hobart G-213 portable
    Miller 175 mig
    Miller thunderbolt ac/dc stick
    Victor O/A setup
    Makita chop saw

10. Likes ronsii, Hobbytime, 12V71, JimboTN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

that was put up to a vote a few years ago whether to ditch the political thread and it was like 80% to keep it...and if you arent adult to keep the mud in that thread or other offshoot political threads then hey..it is what it is...and all know when entering that thread what your in for..so the thin skinned stay out so you dont get butt hurt..
    why is that concept so hard to understand??? you make comments and then when you get a response you cry..so if you dont come into the thread then no one gets their undies in a bunch...
    its like vegas" what happens in the political thread stays in the political thread".....and if anyone takes an internet forum thread so seriously that you actually get your feeling hurt..then you have very low self esteem and probably a few other issues you need to work out, not you personally john..just others in general...

12. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Zap needs a hug

Quote Originally Posted by thegary View Post
    No one is holding a gun to your head to make you go to the political thread. If you don't like it , don't open it.
    I agree.
    And I do go in there occasionally...

But I still think its just a haven for people that want to bash and call names.

President Biden says we all have to “come together” as Americans.

So its my opinion we close the thread permanantly.
    Thank you.

Excuse me,
    I’m off the the love chamber to “come together” with my bride.
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    HTP 221

14. Likes Welder Dave, scsmith42 liked this post
    Dislikes Willie B disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    that was put up to a vote a few years ago whether to ditch the political thread and it was like 80% to keep it...and if you arent adult to keep the mud in that thread or other offshoot political threads then hey..it is what it is...and all know when entering that thread what your in for..so the thin skinned stay out so you dont get butt hurt..
    why is that concept so hard to understand??? you make comments and then when you get a response you cry..so if you dont come into the thread then no one gets their undies in a bunch...
    its like vegas" what happens in the political thread stays in the political thread".....and if anyone takes an internet forum thread so seriously that you actually get your feeling hurt..then you have very low self esteem and probably a few other issues you need to work out, not you personally john..just others in general...
    I had someone go on a completely different forum and hijack threads I started. I'd bet the farm that it was someone who disagreed with me on the political thread here. They registered with a different name and made a total of 5 posts all on threads I started. They had never posted anything before or after. Makes you wonder if it has happened to anyone else who goes on different forums. Some posters have carried over political jabs into other forums on here as well. It's reason enough to get rid of the political thread. I agree with John T that it is a breeding ground for bashing and name calling. A lot of very angry people if they don't agree with you. Makes you wonder if was started just cause a lot of controversy and anger. I know you'll disagree but that's pretty obvious.

Post Thanks / Like

For me, coming from the backside of the world, I don't participate as I don't feel it's my place to. I have my own opinions but keep them to myself. But...I find the politics thread useful and informative because in between all the friendly banter (haha) I get to understand what is going on in real America from the genuine article American working a job, paying the bills and maintaining a lifestyle of his or her choosing. I can understand their opinions, their gripes and wishes from both sides of the political divide. They put up information not accessible to me via normal channels like media (ours is as bad or worse than yours).
    So if I get a vote in this I say keep the thread going!

17. Likes Hobbytime liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Welder Dave View Post
    I had someone go on a completely different forum and hijack threads I started. I'd bet the farm that it was someone who disagreed with me on the political thread here. They registered with a different name and made a total of 5 posts all on threads I started. They had never posted anything before or after. Makes you wonder if it has happened to anyone else who goes on different forums. Some posters have carried over political jabs into other forums on here as well. It's reason enough to get rid of the political thread. I agree with John T that it is a breeding ground for bashing and name calling. A lot of very angry people if they don't agree with you. Makes you wonder if was started just cause a lot of controversy and anger. I know you'll disagree but that's pretty obvious.
    yeah, I guess we dont see eye to eye..and thats fine..thats just crazy to waste the time chasing you around because they got butt hurt on another forum..I can say that person probably has many other issues to deal with.....I find that thread as fun entertainment ..pure and simple..some good info gets past along , along with lots of crap...sooooo what??? who cares??? like I said if any one gets butt hurt..they have lots of other problems in their life....and should get help...its the freakin internet.....you know..sticks and stones...the old rhyme...
    Last edited by Hobbytime; 11-08-2020 at 06:15 PM.

19. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Woznme View Post
    For me, coming from the backside of the world, I don't participate as I don't feel it's my place to. I have my own opinions but keep them to myself. But...I find the politics thread useful and informative because in between all the friendly banter (haha) I get to understand what is going on in real America from the genuine article American working a job, paying the bills and maintaining a lifestyle of his or her choosing. I can understand their opinions, their gripes and wishes from both sides of the political divide. They put up information not accessible to me via normal channels like media (ours is as bad or worse than yours).
    So if I get a vote in this I say keep the thread going!
    hey its a politics thread for around the world..not just the USA..all are welcome to join in..and remember the most important thing....ITS ALL IN FUN..dont take a word personally....

21. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rugrat View Post
    There is no such person known as president sleepy joe. Why? That piece of crap has not been sworn into office and most likely will not be!

"Zing.... Right over yer head"

There is no point in sarcastic humor if you have to explain it ......
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    HTP 221

23. Likes Hobbytime, Capt B, Munkul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I avoid the political forums because of the mindless banter, but I must say I have been able to call the last 2 elections based on what I was seeing at the grassroots level. Congrats on the new VP... bout time you got a Canadian in the Whitehouse.
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

Post Thanks / Like

Calling John T a troll is uncalled for and I can see this thread vanishing in short order.

26. Likes whtbaron, G-ManBart liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a good reason why most forums don't allow politics... because it descends into the sort of mindless rubbish and name calling, like what we have here in this forum's political thread...

Personally I think it's a good idea to leave it open and let the kids play in the muck, and keep it all in one thread. After all, I can't say i don't get pulled down into there now and again

Zap, point taken.

Rugrat, cheer up and stop being so miserable The world would be a better place if more people could laugh at themselves!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Munkul View Post
    There's a good reason why most forums don't allow politics... because it descends into the sort of mindless rubbish and name calling, like what we have here in this forum's political thread...

Personally I think it's a good idea to leave it open and let the kids play in the muck, and keep it all in one thread. After all, I can't say i don't get pulled down into there now and again

Zap, point taken.

Rugrat, cheer up and stop being so miserable The world would be a better place if more people could laugh at themselves!
    come on man...its like the saturday night fights..you tune in to see whose getting clobbered that day...for the entertainment...its like driving past a really bad car accident..you drive by slow to look to see if you can see anything gory..its just human curiosity..you know you wont like what you see..but you keep coming back to look.... ...look at the political thread as a pressure let off to blow off a little steam...

29. Likes Munkul, ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Welder Dave View Post
    Calling John T a troll is uncalled for and I can see this thread vanishing in short order.
    your correct, johns not a troll hes an instigator, he luvs to poke you with a stick to see what you do....and thats meant in the most complimentful way....

31. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    your correct, johns not a troll hes an instigator, he luvs to poke you with a stick to see what you do....and thats meant in the most complimentful way....
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    HTP 221

33. Likes Munkul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

thats you reading my text..get it right already...

35. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem is some people have trouble keeping their anger and hostility in just the political forum. There's a perfect example of that in this thread.

37. Likes Oscar, whtbaron, DavidR8, Munkul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Y'all

It's retrograde to 'Kill the Messenger' before they
    speak - the Political Forum allows this . . .

hth

Opus

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't agree more.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

HTP Invertig 400
    HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300
    HTP ProPulse 200 x2
    HTP ProPulse 220MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

40. Likes whtbaron, DavidR8, shortfuse, Welder Dave, BD1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ah, so because some of you dont have self control not to venture into the political thread and then get your feelings hurt..you want to take it away.....I see the cancel culture runs deep here..well how about when someone doesnt like other threads?? keep canceling till no threads left??? no matter what you do some one will get their undies in a bunch over some thread about anything....so after the political thread you will cancel the religious thread?? then whats next???
    seems much easier if you cant stand the heat..stay out of the kitchen....why is that simple solution not taken?..because deep down you like a good argument..

42. Likes jamesclerie, ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
    Zap;
    Just curious. Why lock a thread nobody got inappropriate, & it died a week ago?
    The Hair splitting threat about what to call a wire feed process was at worst boring, and at best boring.
    What gives?
    i kinda thought the same thing, but considered he's from the east coast/massacheusets, they are raised/act a lil more proper like over there. i been there, i know. plus hes running his own biz, which is pressure itself, especially right now. also, we all have bad days or get edgy. combine all that, and its understandable. but overall, he's been alright boss
    Last edited by 123weld; 11-09-2020 at 05:03 PM.