Thread: New to welding, got some questions.

Post Thanks / Like

New to welding, got some questions.

Good day y'all, i recently catched the interest of welding as a living and one of my professions to go for.
    I'm 24yo From Argentina with an italian Citizenship and seeing how big the market is for welders in the world and the demand that there is now and in the future based on statistics, this is one of the few jobs that wouldn't require a college Bachelor or Masters to make me able to work overseas or another country.

Currently living in one of the biggest industrial provinces in the country so that could be an advantage for my formation.

My question for some of you that have traveled the world working in the welding industry, is it really worth it if i look at welding this way as a means to an end?

I would be starting from 0 doing all the courses would take me 4-6 months without a test and x-ray yet.
    My goals would be to be anything from pipeline, with more study a pipefitter or welding inspector, i know this would take around 4-6 years for me to be fully formed and with experience.

The TLDR would be: I choose welding as a means to travel the world because i want to leave my current country with a medium to big pay once i am a professional at it.
    And being a Neet for some years has finally giving me the clarity to go for something to work for.
    It is not so much about how much they win but the opportunity of leaving my current country and traveling the world with this skill trade.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New to welding, got some questions.

Welcome! I can't advise you on your goals but wish you the best with your aspirations.
    IMPEACH BIDEN!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD HELP AMERICA!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the group

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I would look at some machinist background too.
    Repair is where you make the most money.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Fuhji View Post
    Good day y'all, i recently catched the interest of welding as a living and one of my professions to go for.
    I'm 24yo From Argentina with an italian Citizenship and seeing how big the market is for welders in the world and the demand that there is now and in the future based on statistics, this is one of the few jobs that wouldn't require a college Bachelor or Masters to make me able to work overseas or another country.

Currently living in one of the biggest industrial provinces in the country so that could be an advantage for my formation.

My question for some of you that have traveled the world working in the welding industry, is it really worth it if i look at welding this way as a means to an end?

I would be starting from 0 doing all the courses would take me 4-6 months without a test and x-ray yet.
    My goals would be to be anything from pipeline, with more study a pipefitter or welding inspector, i know this would take around 4-6 years for me to be fully formed and with experience.

The TLDR would be: I choose welding as a means to travel the world because i want to leave my current country with a medium to big pay once i am a professional at it.
    And being a Neet for some years has finally giving me the clarity to go for something to work for.
    It is not so much about how much they win but the opportunity of leaving my current country and traveling the world with this skill trade.

5. Likes Dave66 liked this post