+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone use the Lincoln 260MPX?

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone use the Lincoln 260MPX?

I stopped in my LWS the other day and they had this new Lincoln 260MPX sitting on the floor. I must say the small package was very appealing. My current TB251 will probably last the rest of my career, but it does take a bigger chuck of available space, and it doesnt even have half of the AUX power of this new Lincoln. It is also under 5 grand online (6 plus tax in the lws). All my other equipment is Miller, except for my LN-25, which will work off any machine.

Anyway, just curious as to opinions on this machine.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone use the Lincoln 260MPX?

I looked hard at them when I got a new welding machine. I ended up getting the 305g. I was just not sure on the new platform and I love the chopper technology and down hill pipe mode. I got the 305g for about the price on the 260. The new 330mxp has the same features of the 305g but was a lot higher. In the end I decided to stay with the proven platform

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

With all the new technology it would be really nice if Lincoln still had their own demo shops where you could try machines out. Miller has one here (you have to make an appointment with your salesman) and Lincoln used to have their own demo shop years ago. You could try out different machines and different consumables. They apparently closed them down so they could lower pricing. Demo rooms used to be common at welding supplies too. Price goes up and customer service goes down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjohn4244 View Post
    I looked hard at them when I got a new welding machine. I ended up getting the 305g. I was just not sure on the new platform and I love the chopper technology and down hill pipe mode. I got the 305g for about the price on the 260. The new 330mxp has the same features of the 305g but was a lot higher. In the end I decided to stay with the proven platform

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are the first person I have heard comment on the chopper technology. Lincoln has chopper and diamond. Last I checked.
    Can’t remember if they called out the STT differently.
    And with all the tech available, seems like they could integrate both and just have a selector switch.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist