Thread: Equipment

Post Thanks / Like

Equipment

So I currently have a dial arc 250 with high frequency.
    I would like to sell it but unsure what its worth.
    I have an air cooled torch for it and a miller rhc and a mic-4
    I also have a rfc23 for it as well. Its a well used unit but it is functioning

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Equipment

Need pics, I just picked up this Synchrowave a while back for $2500, cart, torch, stick leads, and argon cylinder. Lately Dialarcs have been running about $1-1.5K around here. Name:  20201007_121840.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  115.2 KBName:  20201007_121851.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  101.2 KB

3. Likes ronsii, Kelvin, farmersammm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That Sync looks like it's barely out of the shipping crate. Nice.

5. Likes 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Dialarc HF isn't in the same league as as Syncrowave 250 but depending on condition I think around the $1000 range as well with the accessories.

Post Thanks / Like

Price will vary by location quite a bit and condition makes a big difference as well. Around here (good supply of used welders) a Dialarc 250HF is likely to bring $750 or so and maybe close to $1K with the extras you have.
    Check out my bench vise website:
    http://mivise.com

Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Millermatic 350P with XR AlumaPro
    Miller Regency 200 with 22A feeder and Spoolmatic 3
    Hobart Champion Elite
    Everlast PowerTig 210EXT

8. Likes 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
    That Sync looks like it's barely out of the shipping crate. Nice.
    It came from an outfit that builds floating docks from aluminum. They found out the hard way that a spoolgun or push-pull was a lot faster on 1/4" material. It probably has less than 2-3 hours of use.

10. Likes ronsii, Kelvin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 12V71 View Post
    It came from an outfit that builds floating docks from aluminum. They found out the hard way that a spoolgun or push-pull was a lot faster on 1/4" material. It probably has less than 2-3 hours of use.
    Hang onto it. I suspect its value will only increase as our landfills overflow with Pachinko inerters. Just for grins, I looked at the Miller website to see what a Sync 350 sells for nowadays. Guess what? No more transformer Syncrowaves. They're all 5-pound inerters now. So now I guess we'll have "pre-2020 Syncrowaves" and "post-2020 Syncrowaves" just like pre-1964 Winchester Model 70s.

I don't know why Miller chose to keep the Syncrowave name for inerters. Calling an inerter a "Syncrowave" is like slapping a Porsche badge on a Volkswagen with a knocking main bearing, in my humble opinion. It's like advertising a P.O.S. Norinco 1911 as a "Browning" simply because John Moses designed it. False advertising, if you ask me. It also cheapens the whole brand. Nice job, ITW!
    Last edited by Kelvin; 12-07-2020 at 08:38 AM.

12. Likes 12V71, ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Normally I'd be all about the newer inverters, but it looks like a bit of cost-saving for ITW this time. Shame they didn't go with individual knobs for gas and slope controls etc.

Looking at the literature for them, though, they have some nice features over the older ones, and won't take a huge amount of input power to run them.

I don't agree with your analogy Kevin...
    The Dynasty is like a modern porsche 997 gt3... the old syncrowave like an old original aircooled 911. Both are desirable, but I know which one I'd rather have... and the new inverter syncrowave like a diesel VW... a very useful and practical car!
    Last edited by Munkul; 12-07-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
    Hang onto it. I suspect its value will only increase as our landfills overflow with Pachinko inerters. Just for grins, I looked at the Miller website to see what a Sync 350 sells for nowadays. Guess what? No more transformer Syncrowaves. They're all 5-pound inerters now. So now I guess we'll have "pre-2020 Syncrowaves" and "post-2020 Syncrowaves" just like pre-1964 Winchester Model 70s.
    Wow...that's a very recent change...like within the past couple of weeks. I guess they know what's selling, or where they make the most profit.
    Check out my bench vise website:
    http://mivise.com

Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Millermatic 350P with XR AlumaPro
    Miller Regency 200 with 22A feeder and Spoolmatic 3
    Hobart Champion Elite
    Everlast PowerTig 210EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Many Tig welders swear by the Dynasty machines. Early 300's weren't the best for stick though.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea how you guys go about things like transformers and inverters. I couldn't afford to hook up 4 200 amp transformer tig machines where I can hook up 4 dynastys off 1 extension cord (it's for reference, not reality). I learned on transformer syncros, so I know how they run. I just couldn't afford the running costs compared to these newer machines.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

That must be one hell of an extension cord.

Do much gouging with that setup?

18. Likes ronsii liked this post