Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: The next one..CAT 777 dump bed Centralia

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Pitman PA
    Posts
    763
    Post Thanks / Like

    The next one..CAT 777 dump bed Centralia

    Name:  thumbnail (15).jpg
Views: 1027
Size:  15.9 KBName:  thumbnail (16).jpg
Views: 1026
Size:  13.4 KBName:  thumbnail (17).jpg
Views: 1023
Size:  13.3 KBName:  thumbnail (18).jpg
Views: 1022
Size:  13.3 KB

    This one we got both sides to do, the tailpiece, the front bulkhead wear liner is busted loose at the top, so I gouged it out and Im in the process of reweldin it, and the bottom of the front bulhead busted out so i cut it out and gonna fix it up with a new wall plate and wear plate.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    10,551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The next one..CAT 777 dump bed Centralia

    Nice!!!!


    You're pretty lucky, not a lot of people get to work while in a bed...

  3. Likes 12V71 liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Pitman PA
    Posts
    763
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The next one..CAT 777 dump bed Centralia

    Quote Originally Posted by ronsii View Post
    Nice!!!!


    You're pretty lucky, not a lot of people get to work while in a bed...
    Thanks...Yeah I know I just wish one of them sleep number beds was in it, and a few blankets...startin to get a bit chilly here in these hills

  5. Likes ronsii, CAVEMANN liked this post
  6. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,232
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The next one..CAT 777 dump bed Centralia

    How tall is that ladder?
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.com/
    MM252
    MM211 (Sold)
    Passport Plus & Spool gun
    Lincoln SP135 Plus- (Gone to a good home)
    Klutch 120v Plasma cutter
    SO 2020 bender
    Beer in the fridge

  7. #5
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Pitman PA
    Posts
    763
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The next one..CAT 777 dump bed Centralia

    Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    How tall is that ladder?
    The way its set there its 4 ft, its adjustable, and can fold out to 16 feet I think

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    4,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The next one..CAT 777 dump bed Centralia

    Thanks for posting your job pics Not often I get to see big stuff.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,733
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The next one..CAT 777 dump bed Centralia

    Put a tarp over the box and have a heater in there with you.

  10. Likes Lis2323 liked this post
  11. #8
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The next one..CAT 777 dump bed Centralia

    Dug this up from 2015 - my artsy attempt of the haul truck bed graveyard at Morenci...which interestingly enough is across the road from the original people cemetery.

    Name:  mine09.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  101.9 KB

    Name:  graves07.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  103.3 KB
    Last edited by Shootr; 12-11-2020 at 10:15 PM.
    Yeswelder MIG-205DS
    (3) Angle Grinders at the Ready
    Just a hobbyist trying to improve

  12. Likes ronsii, Lis2323, whtbaron liked this post
  13. #9
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Pitman PA
    Posts
    763
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The next one..CAT 777 dump bed Centralia

    Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    Thanks for posting your job pics Not often I get to see big stuff.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Its some intresting work sometimes, and I really enjoy workin on this stuff, its a challenge to make it indestructable, what aint never gonna happen, some of these guys could wreck a battleship with a rubber hammer. They really are good operators but most evrybody in the coal busness here buys the back row leftover stuff and they push i to the limit most of the time for production. Most of the owners know this and understand that there is a limit to how much you can make **** shine. But its fun to make the effort, Ive had very very few failures over the years and the customers are happy with what I do.

  14. Likes ronsii liked this post
  15. #10
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Pitman PA
    Posts
    763
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The next one..CAT 777 dump bed Centralia

    Quote Originally Posted by Welder Dave View Post
    Put a tarp over the box and have a heater in there with you.
    Next week we are putting it in the shop to work on, we tried a tarp one winter, it got windy like it usually does in these mountains and ripped it apart one afternoon after having it up 2 days.

  16. Likes ronsii liked this post
  17. #11
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Pitman PA
    Posts
    763
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The next one..CAT 777 dump bed Centralia

    Quote Originally Posted by Shootr View Post
    Dug this up from 2015 - my artsy attempt of the haul truck bed graveyard at Morenci...which interestingly enough is across the road from the original people cemetery.

    Name:  mine09.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  101.9 KB

    Name:  graves07.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  103.3 KB
    Those boxes look pretty good compared to the ones we been workin on, maybe its the paint that does it, the metal flower in the last picture is that a grave marker?

  18. Likes ronsii, Shootr liked this post
  19. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    1,985
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The next one..CAT 777 dump bed Centralia

    Quote Originally Posted by ronsii View Post
    You're pretty lucky, not a lot of people get to work while in a bed...
    The girls at the Chicken Ranch do......

  20. Likes ronsii liked this post
  21. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    AJO, ARIZONA
    Posts
    3,931
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The next one..CAT 777 dump bed Centralia

    Some of those dump beds are HUGE, when they truck them in they are brought in 2 pieces, halved longways, and even so they still require special permits and pilot vehicles, some of those trucks are 300 & 350 tons the last reckoning I had with them. Morenci was a sister operation of the mine where I worked on Locomotives. If you've never had the opportunity to see one of these BIG haul trucks, they're amazingly big, tires around 12 feet tall as I recall. My dad was an electric shovel operator & he used to be amazed at the size some of the dippers were getting, our newest rig was a P&H 4400, it had a 14yd dipper, todays dippers would dwarf that by several times, mind you this was in the 70's and early 80's, the mine was closed in 84.
    Last edited by CAVEMANN; 12-12-2020 at 10:46 PM.
    IMPEACH BIDEN!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD HELP AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN

  22. Likes ronsii liked this post
  23. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    10,551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The next one..CAT 777 dump bed Centralia

    Quote Originally Posted by shortfuse View Post
    The girls at the Chicken Ranch do......
    I been waiting for someone to comment on my post to popeye

  24. #15
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The next one..CAT 777 dump bed Centralia

    Quote Originally Posted by Popeye an old miner View Post
    Those boxes look pretty good compared to the ones we been workin on, maybe its the paint that does it, the metal flower in the last picture is that a grave marker?
    Yeah, the old cemetery is just along the road on a hillside:

    Name:  graves03.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  332.6 KB

    Name:  graves04.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  463.1 KB
    Yeswelder MIG-205DS
    (3) Angle Grinders at the Ready
    Just a hobbyist trying to improve

  25. #16
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Pitman PA
    Posts
    763
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The next one..CAT 777 dump bed Centralia

    Quote Originally Posted by Shootr View Post
    Yeah, the old cemetery is just along the road on a hillside:

    Name:  graves03.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  332.6 KB

    Name:  graves04.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  463.1 KB
    WOW!!! That looks like some of the old cemetaries around here where the old mining patch towns used to be. Its a shame they let them go like that, many of them the famlies today dont even know where their old relatives are buried and it turns out they are in these old cemetaries long forgotten. Very sad, those folks worked hard their whole life and now they have no one that even cares

  26. Likes farmersammm, ronsii liked this post
  27. #17
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Pitman PA
    Posts
    763
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The next one..CAT 777 dump bed Centralia

    Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMANN View Post
    Some of those dump beds are HUGE, when they truck them in they are brought in 2 pieces, halved longways, and even so they still require special permits and pilot vehicles, some of those trucks are 300 & 350 tons the last reckoning I had with them. Morenci was a sister operation of the mine where I worked on Locomotives. If you've never had the opportunity to see one of these BIG haul trucks, they're amazingly big, tires around 12 feet tall as I recall. My dad was an electric shovel operator & he used to be amazed at the size some of the dippers were getting, our newest rig was a P&H 4400, it had a 14yd dipper, todays dippers would dwarf that by several times, mind you this was in the 70's and early 80's, the mine was closed in 84.

    The biggest Ive ever worked on are the CAT 785s. I dont know how that compares to the ones you are talkin about but they bring the dump bodies in one piece here, with permits and escorts of course. The biggest shovel other than some of the draglines Ive worked on are the PC4000 from Komatsu and the Demag 285. I was told the PC4000 had a 29 yard bucket, and the Demag had a 26 yard. Either way if it falls on you your not gonna bench press it off of you. You know its a bigun when you got to use a small crane to put the teeth on it.

  28. Likes ronsii liked this post
  29. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Utopia,TX / Pasadena, TX
    Posts
    416
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The next one..CAT 777 dump bed Centralia

    Quote Originally Posted by ronsii View Post
    I been waiting for someone to comment on my post to popeye
    Don't know what chicken ranch you're referring to, but I think the most famous one in the US was the one in LaGrange, Texas, and it was real.
    Story is long ago money was tight guys would pay for the ladies services with live chickens.
    It was famous enough to have a Broadway play and movie made about it.
    They were titled The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas.
    The movie stared Burt Reynolds and Dolly Parton.
    Last edited by In Utopia; 12-16-2020 at 08:25 AM.

  30. Likes ronsii liked this post
  31. #19
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Pitman PA
    Posts
    763
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The next one..CAT 777 dump bed Centralia

    Quote Originally Posted by In Utopia View Post
    Don't know what chicken ranch you're referring to, but I think the most famous one in the US was the one in LaGrange, Texas, and it was real.
    Story is long ago money was tight guys would pay for the ladies services with live chickens.
    It was famous enough to have a Broadway play and movie made about it.
    They were titled The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas.
    The movie stared Burt Reynolds and Dolly Parton.
    I wondered what that was all about...now I know...I think I know anyway

  32. Likes ronsii liked this post
  33. #20
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Pitman PA
    Posts
    763
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The next one..CAT 777 dump bed Centralia

    Name:  131410163_1081042962336111_7551075692103909516_n.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  76.7 KBName:  131448494_1081042985669442_5574175119223463419_n.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  76.2 KB

    This is goin down into the pit right before our big snowstorm last week, from what I been told right now its flooded from all the snowmelt after the big meltdown from all the rain we had Christmas Eve...so I wake up this morning to 4 inches of snow. How it froze up that fast that snow would stick is crazy...its 7 degrees out there at the house here. Goin up to the shop in Shenandoah PA to grease my rig and work on my compressor shortly, Im hopin they got the mountain open, there is ice under that 4 inches of snow

  34. Likes 12V71, Melter, ronsii, WenValley, Shootr, Lis2323 liked this post
  35. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    115
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The next one..CAT 777 dump bed Centralia

    Quote Originally Posted by Popeye an old miner View Post
    Name:  131410163_1081042962336111_7551075692103909516_n.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  76.7 KBName:  131448494_1081042985669442_5574175119223463419_n.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  76.2 KB

    This is goin down into the pit right before our big snowstorm last week, from what I been told right now its flooded from all the snowmelt after the big meltdown from all the rain we had Christmas Eve...so I wake up this morning to 4 inches of snow. How it froze up that fast that snow would stick is crazy...its 7 degrees out there at the house here. Goin up to the shop in Shenandoah PA to grease my rig and work on my compressor shortly, Im hopin they got the mountain open, there is ice under that 4 inches of snow
    Is that the back side of the big mine by Centralia?
    They have a massive tailins pile.

  36. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    1,985
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The next one..CAT 777 dump bed Centralia

    Quote Originally Posted by Popeye an old miner View Post
    I wondered what that was all about...now I know...I think I know anyway
    Yep, you know now! Us Texas boys know about the Chicken Ranch in LaGrange, LOL. They also have "chicken ranches" in Nevada, but the one in LaGrange was the original until "Maaaaarrrrrvin Zindler, Channel 13 News" got it in the TV headlines in Houston and the law, who had previously turned a blind eye to it, had no choice but to shut it down. Lots of high rollers, politicians and the poor old boys at A&M and no place to go.

  37. Likes ronsii liked this post
  38. #23
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Pitman PA
    Posts
    763
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The next one..CAT 777 dump bed Centralia

    Quote Originally Posted by dave_dj1 View Post
    Is that the back side of the big mine by Centralia?
    They have a massive tailins pile.
    Yes it is

  39. Likes ronsii liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 1,628,208,074.66487 seconds with 15 queries