Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Harbor Freight still do 20% Single Item Coupon on printed catalogs?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does Harbor Freight still do 20% Single Item Coupon on printed catalogs?

I haven't seen a 20% off coupon in a long time. If they stopped printing them then they are getting too big for their britches. Without coupons they would lose my business except for small items.
    Lincoln Pro MIG 180
    Chicago electric 225 Arc
    Harris oxy fuel

Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. Romans 10:13

Post Thanks / Like

They are all digital now. Cheaper for them and eco friendly to the environment. Get on the email list and you might see the 20% off coupons but as has been mentioned, the coupons are only good for some things. I got a couple decent things with the 25% and even the 30% off coupons back in the day. 20 ton press, media blasting cabinet, rolling vehicle jack, flat stock bender etc.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

3. Likes Need Advice liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think HF has some new marketing consultants with new ideas on how to further increase margins.

Along with the higher prices on the new better quality lines, I think now they want to force you to sign up for Inside Track Club before you will see very many discounts on anything. I see only five ordinary coupons on HF Coupon Database.

Today I bought the Earthquake (version 1) long-nose impact wrench (62746) that is on Closeout for $52. HF website yesterday and today showed several stores near my home have it in stock. I went to one store yesterday. Nope, their internal lookup showed none for 50 miles. Today I phoned all the stores in the (SF) East Bay near my route over to the ranch. Found one at Vallejo and bought it today. The clerk there said don't pay any attention to In Stock on the website, phone the store first.
    Last edited by California; 10-06-2021 at 08:10 PM.
    HF MIG-180 with all the mods.
    Grizzly H8153 Stick/Tig Pulse 130/160.
    Wards PowrKraft AC-230. Stick & carbon arc.

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to a regional manager from HF and he said the 20% off anything option is gone. He said actually if you do some research we have raised our prices 20% instead. He was like everyone else and blamed it on CV19.
    Thermal Arc 320SP ( Lorch )
    Cobra Pythons
    Thermal Arc 300 AC/DC ( Sanrex )
    ESAB 301i AC/DC ( Lorch )
    Thermal Arc 161STL ( WTL )
    Thermal Arc 190S ( Sanrex )
    Cut Master 82, 42. Cut45 ( WTL )
    Victor Gas Apps.
    Boxes and boxes of welding crap.

6. Likes N2 Welding liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    I think HF has some new marketing consultants with new ideas on how to further increase margins.

Along with the higher prices on the new better quality lines, I think now they want to force you to sign up for Inside Track Club before you will see very many discounts on anything. I see only five ordinary coupons on HF Coupon Database.

Today I bought the Earthquake (version 1) long-nose impact wrench (62746) that is on Closeout for $52. HF website yesterday and today showed several stores near my home have it in stock. I went to one store yesterday. Nope, their internal lookup showed none for 50 miles. Today I phoned all the stores in the (SF) East Bay near my route over to the ranch. Found one at Vallejo and bought it today. The clerk there said don't pay any attention to In Stock on the website, phone the store first.
    I can see myself buying those cheap welding clamps at HF because they are not bad for the price, maybe some Pittsburg hand tools too but i refuse to pay top dollar for their air tools. For that price i can buy another brand and will. Sure they are probably good air tools and as good as other economy brands but they kinda made me mad for raising prices and dropping the 20% coupon
    Lincoln Pro MIG 180
    Chicago electric 225 Arc
    Harris oxy fuel

Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. Romans 10:13