Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miller Multimatic 255 or Esab Rebel EMP 285ic???

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Miller Multimatic 255 or Esab Rebel EMP 285ic???

About there with 035 dont remember what brand. Just what norco had on hand in a 44lb spool.
    It likes wire speed in the 250-300 range. Usually just leaving it about 19volts give or take depending on my mood.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Evan
    Lance

Miller/Smith heavy duty torch set
    Multimatic 255 w/MDX-250 EZ-Select gun
    9" Evolution circular saw

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tackit View Post
    I've read getting help for Esab products is not as good as should be.
    I have never called them, but dealt with them through E-mails for manuals, and parts to old machines. Most times I've gotten information mailed back (pdf's for manuals, parts lists) within 24 hours. All the local welding shops seem to carry ESAB, Lincoln, and Miller. None of them has ever mentioned any issues with getting help from ESAB. I've known the counter guy at the local Praxair for a long time and usually he's pretty honest with me, and he seemed like they (ESAB) was OK. I only know one person who has a newer ESAB(Rebel) and he hasn't had any problems yet. Many companies have shifted to E-mail, and Chat as preferred method of communication now. Just my 2 cents , they're good for info and parts. Replacing or repairing a new machine, I couldn't tell you.

Looking at that panel picture on the 235 it shows "C10" wouldn't that be a spray mode ?

Best of luck with the new Machines
    Airco 250 ac/dc Heliwelder Square wave
    Miller Synchrowave 180 sd
    Miller Econo Twin HF
    Lincoln 210 MP
    Dayton 225 ac/dc
    Victor torches
    Snap-On YA-212
    Lotos Cut60D

5. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont know never wonderd about it. Now I am

Post Thanks / Like

C10 is used for spray and pulsed-spray, but it is not the only transfer process it is suitable for. I can also be used for short circuit.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

HTP Invertig 400
    HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300
    HTP ProPulse 200 x2
    HTP ProPulse 220MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

8. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to get back to this subject, I ordered a Multimatic 255 from Baker's Gas a few days ago and ordered a fair bit of extras including one of the Miller/Bernard MDX-250 EZ-Select guns with which you can change programs using the gun lever. Once I figure out how I'm most likely to be using the welder, I figure to leave the EZ-Select gun with a liner for whatever diameter wire I use most and leave a liner for the second most used wire diameter in the standard gun.

I ordered the base machine without the cart. I have a good bit of assorted sizes/styles of Unistrut sticks, a lot of 2" thin wall square steel tubing and some very heavy wall 2" square tubing and plan to build a cart using a spare MAC Tool center section tool chest and a few other odds and ends that are sitting on shelves here. As a happy coincidence the tool chest is around 1/2" longer and a few inches wider than the welder so everything should look almost like I knew what I was doing.

When the MM255 gets here it will be time for a lot of practice and to think about adding a plasma cutter and maybe a 14 or 15" metal cutting saw to the mix.

My thanks to all for your input and insights.
    Lance

Post Thanks / Like

Youl be amazed by the machine. I love my metal saw not sure how I did without one for so long.

Looking forward to seeing how you like the 255. I think youl love it. Even before it pulses

11. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evan View Post
    Youl be amazed by the machine. I love my metal saw not sure how I did without one for so long.

Looking forward to seeing how you like the 255. I think youl love it. Even before it pulses

Hi, Evan

The 9" Evolution saw has been great for taking to bigger stuff that couldn't go on a miter style saw like a pair of 1/2" tops for my 3x5" welding table and one for another guy, bigger angle and channel I wouldn't want to wrestle around too much etc. My only wish for it is that it did a better job at containing the chips. It really slings them around. And it's LOUD.

But I now feel that I "need" a miter style metal saw for the stuff I'm doing now and plan to do going forward.

I own my gas cylinders and had a spare 300-320 CF cylinder that I had hydro tested, sandblasted and painted a few years ago on which the valve was rough so I had them just screw a plug into the top until I decided what I wanted in it. I dropped it off for a new valve and a fill appropriate for pulsed MIG and it should be ready to pick up this week.

Best regards to all,

Lance
    Lance

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LanceR View Post
    My only wish for it is that it did a better job at containing the chips. It really slings them around. And it's LOUD.

But I now feel that I "need" a miter style metal saw for the stuff I'm doing now and plan to do going forward.
    You really should look into a horizontal band saw. Quiet, and no chips, just a coarse dust which is easy to capture. Low end models can do 45 degree miters pretty easily, higher end models are great at miters beyond your basic 45.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louie1961 View Post
    You really should look into a horizontal band saw.
    The lack of floor space is a big issue for me. At our farm I had two of these. this one was the shop and the storage one was only 18' shorter.

Name:  SAM_0245.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  56.7 KB

I'm currently in a two car garage into which my wife likes to put her car when there's a threat of snow.

Lance
    Last edited by LanceR; 01-31-2021 at 09:26 AM.
    Lance

Post Thanks / Like

Curious how c10 does with normal short arc

I to wonder about a band saw

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of these and it is 34 inches wide, 14 inches deep and 38 inches tall
    Name:  93762_W3.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  75.4 KB

You could also go with a tabletop model

Name:  819mnq4eLtL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  89.7 KB