Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miller del 200 no power out put

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Miller del 200 no power out put

follow the wires, for anything to happen we need to get 12vdc from the battery to the brushes when the oil pressure switch closes or when we jump it so we don't have to run the engine. You have a bad connection, open flashing diode or broken wire.
    measure from the pressure switch to ground. find wire 30 it should have 12vdc on it all the time when measured to ground. Then follow wire 31 from the other terminal up to D4. test D4 in diode test. If ok, you should have 12vdc on the diode with pressure switch jumpered. Wires 31 and 21 go to the flashing diode. wire 21 then goes to the center brush. With one meter lead on ground, you should be able to follow 30 to 31 to 21 and get 12vdc at each point with switch jumpered.
    Rear slip ring should show shorted to ground, wire 33. Battery plus terminal to rear slip ring should read 12vdc all the time. If D4 tests open, don't hard jumper it.
    If welder starts producing power it could damage the battery changer and the battery. D4 blocks excitation voltage from getting to the battery.
    With pressure switch jumped and D4 jumpered you should get 12vdc to brushes.
    rear set. If you get 12vdc to brushes with D4 jumpered. start engine and pull jumper right off, before engine reaches full speed. welder might come to life and produce power. D4 is a 3 amp 1000 volt diode. will be the smallest of the 8 diodes not on a circuit board. (1, 3A) (3, 50A) and (4, 150A).
    Keep digging you will find it. Just follow the wires through the harness.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so I made sure I was getting 12 volts to the oil pressure switch which I am getting but with the engine running the oil pressure switch isn't allowing the 12 volts through un less I jump it with a wire.

Post Thanks / Like

either switch is bad, or engine has low oil pressure.
    you can replace the switch with a pressure gauge and see what the oil pressure is or
    figure a way to test the switch. I have a pressure regulator and a tee.
    switch goes in one port and the other is plugged with a small hole.
    Then you can raise and lower the pressure using air and adjusting the regulator.
    Put ohm meter on switch and see if it will close or open. You have to have a small leak or the pressure on the switch will equal the supply pressure.
    For a regulator to work correctly air must be flowing somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks I will give that a try tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so I was able to fire up the welder today with an oil pressure guage and with it warmed up at idle I am getting 20 psi at wide opened throttle I am getting 25 26 psi