Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: my HTP Group Chat on Signal Messenger

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Laredo, Tx
    Posts
    5,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    my HTP Group Chat on Signal Messenger

    My old WhatsApp group chat is no longer. We have since migrated to Signal Messenger. Please PM me if you have an HTP machine and want to join.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Southern CT
    Posts
    772
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: my HTP Group Chat on Signal Messenger

    I was curious as to why not have the HTP discussion here on WW under the HTP forum.
    But then I read a thread there introducing the 400 TIG and it turned into a green monster $hit storm.
    So now I think I understand.
    Ernie F.

  3. Likes ronsii liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Laredo, Tx
    Posts
    5,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: my HTP Group Chat on Signal Messenger

    Oh, don't get me wrong I think it's awesome that they gave us this sub-forum (probably so I'd stop whining/asking for it ), but I just think its another great avenue to connect with people with similar machines/interests that is not part of the typical social media circus. It's kinda like asking "why do welding groups exist on Facebook? Why don't they just come here to WeldingWeb to ask welding stuff?" Because they prefer Facebook, simple as that. And I was right, as there's people on my Signal group right now that would rather have a discussion there on Signal vs anything remotely similar to FB/IG/Twitter/etc/etc. Nothing wrong with the 400 thread really. We're all entitled to our opinions/preferences/judgements/whatever. So long as moderators are moderating, we just gotta keep the skin thick around here!

    Besides, it's not like it's a 'welding only' group chat. I'd say we chat about welding maybe 25% of the time. The other 75% of the time it's me posting pictures of my awesome cooking skills, or some other such non-sense, lol. It's more like "the breakroom at the shop" more than "the shop floor".
    Last edited by Oscar; 01-15-2021 at 09:40 PM.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!



  5. Likes ronsii liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 1,634,473,798.12633 seconds with 14 queries