+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ESAB EMP235 IC Power Board parts help

Post Thanks / Like

ESAB EMP235 IC Power Board parts help

Hi Guys, I have an awesome welder in which I have invested a good amount of money. Added TIG torch and spool gun to make this a great welder for almost any job.

I was under a house welding pilings to I-beams in MIG mode when I heard a POP after running a small bead. Welder went TU and had to get another welding machine to finish the job.

ESAB tech service was able to get me service manuals for trouble shooting and diagnosis. Removed power board from welder and the problem ended up being R134, R134A and R139 on the power board. Surface mount resistors.

ESAB technical support does not have any documentation on the values of these components. Looking for any technical help on locating component values for these resistors. I can order a new board for $1,200.00 but would rather buy resistors for a couple of bucks!!!

Name:  IMG_9852.jpg
Views: 1281
Size:  84.7 KB Circuit board assembly P/N 0558 102 532

Pretty sure the S within the circle indicates circuit board manufacturer. I have had no luck identifying who they are.

Many thanks. Any help appreciated!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ESAB EMP235 IC Power Board parts help

The real question is what else failed and caused the resisters to burn up?
    even if you could figure out who assembled the pcb for ESAB, they will not give out any information and will send to you back to ESAB.
    Also take a real close look at the control pcb. Check for damage there.
    If the control pcb is damaged you will have to take it to AN ESAB service center to have a new pcb installed and software reprogramed into the new pcb.
    The control pcb and the front display pcb both have software and micro processors.
    I will look in my other file at the office tomorrow. can't see enough of the pcb in your picture to tell what circuit the resisters are in.

Post Thanks / Like

Any help would be appreciated. Many Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Could not find any detailed information.
    You might try calling ESAB tech support and ask what might have caused these resisters to fail and go from there. They won't help in detail to repair the pcb.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist