Question, can you run a 2-4' long torch with 50' leads on the powermax 45xp? the reason I ask is I don't really need a bigger unit at the moment than the 45 xp. As of now I run the 30xp and that is plenty big. but it would be nice to have a long torch for some stairs I'm working on replacing.

Right now I just cut them with a grinder but was looking for a faster and safer way once I start getting up above the 2nd floor. I've got about 50 or so flights left to do this year. right now when I have to replace the stringers I cut them in half with a grinder, pull the bottom section down, and then cut the top where they mount to the landing. and pull the top section off. its kinda dangerous doing it that way so I was thinking it would be way safer to just use plasma while the stringers are hung from something as to not fall as soon as they get cut. the problem being, I think it would be way more dangerous doing it with a short torch like my 30xp. vs a long torch connected to the 45xp so I wouldn't have to lean half my body out over a gaping hole. I already fell through once from the 3rd floor. not trying to do it again.