Thread: Manual for weldwell steady mig 265

Post Thanks / Like

Manual for weldwell steady mig 265

Hi guys,

Just picked up a second hand mig set and haven't been able to find much info around for it. It's made by Weldwell, Italian built. Seems to go alright but I have no idea what the dials are referencing, each says 1-10 rather than amp or voltage/feed speed values etc.

Anybody have a manual or any ideas?
    Thanks in advance as always
    Josh

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Manual for weldwell steady mig 265

Name:  IMG_20210127_131744.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  138.0 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Fellow New Zealander. Weldwell hasn’t had their own brand of machines for a while but I would try and contact them first. If anyone is going to have a manual it will be them.
    Gear: Esab power compact 205 with tbi industries torch
    BOC Smootharc 185dc tig
    Miller Syncrowave 350LX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoshNZ View Post
    Hi guys,

Just picked up a second hand mig set and haven't been able to find much info around for it. It's made by Weldwell, Italian built. Seems to go alright but I have no idea what the dials are referencing, each says 1-10 rather than amp or voltage/feed speed values etc.

Anybody have a manual or any ideas?
    Thanks in advance as always
    Josh
    Is there no setup chart under the hood?
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX4ea,Dynasty200DX,Li ncolnSW200-2ea.,MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig2ea,MigMax1ea.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't find setup info anywhere on the machine. I have figured out setting it up anyway, threaded a spool of .9mm wire and decided '5' was as good a place as any to set all three dials too, was delighted with the result for my first fillet at a stab in the dark. But it would be nice to know what '5' means on the voltage dial.

I've been on a goose chase this morning, sent from agent to agent. It sounds like it is a Helvi made machine, weldwell have never heard of it. I have the helvi agent onto it but he wasn't sure either. The closest helvi machine it resembles is a monomig 286, same dial placement with numbers so I'll have a read through that manual. There is a closer photo of the controls below.

Best I can figure, starting at top right red knob is wire speed (again, anyone know what '5' means?). Working around clockwise the stick out diagram has a hole with a little pot inside it, I assume this is post weld wire feed duration? Next apparently is spot weld time (I have no idea what this is?). And the big sucker must be voltage, with a over temp LED next to it.

I took the torch consumables with me, no one was sure enough to sell me anything so decided to do away with it and get a new 4m binzel. Last problem I have is finding a pair of drive rollers, which no-one has ever seen either. I was told Helvi didn't make a .9 because it wasn't used in Europe. Was told to just run the .8 groove and be done with it. I'm wondering if it's worth chucking up and profiling a bit of carbide to the specs of a .9 groove and digging it out, or if that'll just make a mess. If anyone recognizes it that'd be handy. 30/10mm diameters and 18mm deep, keyed.

Thanks for responses

Name:  Mig.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  91.2 KB

Name:  Drive.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  58.6 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Those types of settings usually refer to a % of the fastest wire speed available on the machine.

5 would be 50%.

You can measure the wire speed on any number:

https://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com...-basics-3.html
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.com/
    MM252
    MM211 (Sold)
    Passport Plus & Spool gun
    Lincoln SP135 Plus- (Gone to a good home)
    Klutch 120v Plasma cutter
    SO 2020 bender
    Beer in the fridge

Post Thanks / Like

I measured the wire over 6 seconds, I think I'm in the ballpark. Very hard to tell if I'm getting good penetration with mig as it always looks good.

I was holding a dining table frame for my friend while he tacked it up a couple of days ago, we had hands crossed everywhere bit of an arty frame with weird angles anyway a bit of spatter hits me in the neck, drops down my shirt and settles under my waist band. While I'm trying to snatch at my belt it manages to dislodge and drop down into my briefs, and settles on the end of my willy hah X(. I went to have a shower later and there it is a little spatter ball still sitting there, seared into the skin on the end. Does this mean... I'm using too much voltage xD?

Day 1 of owning a mig set and I managed to burn myself on the d*k... FML.

Post Thanks / Like

If it was my machine and I couldn't get a manual, I would just use first principles. The voltage dial can be easily calibrated by measuring the voltage at the output terminals with a voltmeter (OCV - open circuit voltage). The wire feed dial can be calibrated by putting a piece of tape on the wire and feeding it for a set time and measuring the length you get. The dial with the clock icon is likely a post-flow timer for the gas solenoid. Without any wire in the feeder, you could put a tube on the nozzle, immerse it in water and measure the time it bubbles after releasing the gun trigger.