Thread: Hobart Champion 16 welder. Is it decent?

Post Thanks / Like

Hobart Champion 16 welder. Is it decent?

Now I know it's not a lincoln or even a miller yet, so besides that is a decent welder?

Just bought one w/ trailer and torch set up. Has 425 hours on it. New carb. Seems to weld decent.

I'm not going to weld for a living, but have several projects I could use it for and are planning building a weld up building.

Sorry about the sidewinder pic. It wasn't like that on my phone and I don't see how to correct it.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by sedgehammer; 01-30-2021 at 03:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hobart Champion 16 welder. Is it decent?

Quote Originally Posted by sedgehammer View Post
    Now I know it's not a lincoln or even a miller yet, so besides that is a decent welder?

Just bought one w/ trailer and torch set up. Has 425 hours on it. New carb. Seems to weld decent.

I'm not going to weld for a living, but have several projects I could use it for and are planning building a weld up building.

Sorry about the sidewinder pic. It wasn't like that on my phone and I don't see how to correct it.

Thanks
    Yep, that's a real Hobart with the disappearing lettering on the panel. Those welded every bit as well as a Miller Bobcat of the same vintage. If you like the way it welds it should be a fine machine.

3. Likes ronsii, sedgehammer liked this post