Closed Thread

Thread: can't open page 930 of the political thread

Post Thanks / Like

can't open page 930 of the political thread

When I click on it it opens to a blank page. It happens on both my computers. I can open the other pages in the thread but not this last page. I tried opening on page one and then clicking last page and it still opens to a blank page. This started yesterday . I have gotten that error page a few times in the past but this is different
    its just blank.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: can't open page 930 of the political thread

its been like that on and off earlier today and now just a blank page..

Post Thanks / Like

A blank page is better than a lot of the posts on that thread
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Post Thanks / Like

I’d call you lucky...

Post Thanks / Like

i havent looked, and dont want to, but bein the "big orange fraud" is currently in the middle of a big act, my guess would be, that one or more of his duped cheerleaders is either having a meltdown, or fighting w/ others, so the weld web referees blanked it out. just look at it this way: ur only missing one less page of "pretend/believe what u want bs"

6. Likes henry42 liked this post
    Dislikes Hobbytime disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's leaking. I noticed earlier that it smelled like it was dripping down into the "covid vaccination" thread. On a more serious note, all joking, censorship and conspiracy theories aside, I've seen glitches the last couple days in other forums, and occasional glitches in other pages of this forum, so the real answer might be as boring as the usual internet gremlins... don't trust the atoms.... they make up stuff....
    250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 123weld View Post
    i havent looked, and dont want to, but bein the "big orange fraud" is currently in the middle of a big act, my guess would be, that one or more of his duped cheerleaders is either having a meltdown, or fighting w/ others, so the weld web referees blanked it out. just look at it this way: ur only missing one less page of "pretend/believe what u want bs"
    I don't blank out pages I disagree with. If I took it out, I'd say so and tell you why.
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc

9. Likes Meltedmetal, whtbaron, ronsii, thegary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ridiculous someone complaining a page is missing in a pizzing contest. With all the hate and closed minded thinking in that forum, now would be a good time to eliminate every page. It adds absolutely nothing to the Welding Web except a lot of arrogance and name calling if someone has a different opinion. The election is over, the US has a new president like it or not. Time to get on with other things you have more control over. Respected members have left the WW over the political forum. If the intention was to cause controversy and arrogance it succeeded in spades. It has run it's course though. It degrades the entire WW site and contradicts what the site is supposed to be about.
    Last edited by Welder Dave; 02-12-2021 at 01:44 PM.

11. Likes MinnesotaDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Welder Dave View Post
    Ridiculous someone complaining a page is missing in a pizzing contest. With all the hate and closed minded thinking in that forum, now would be a good time to eliminate every page. It adds absolutely nothing to the Welding Web except a lot of arrogance and name calling if someone has a different opinion. The election is over, the US has a new president like it or not. Time to get on with other things you have more control over. Respected members have left the WW over the political forum. If the intention was to cause controversy and arrogance it succeeded in spades. It has run it's course though. It degrades the entire WW site and contradicts what the site is supposed to be about.
    your wrong about value of the thread....heres an easy concept the cry babies cant comprehend..if you dislike a thread so much ..why do you constantly keep entering it and getting butt hurt? ..hell I hate heights, so im not going to take a job as a window washer on a high rise building then cry about having to work so far up..same concept with the political thread..dont open it up if you dont like it...
    there are plenty of us that have a civil exchange of ideas, thoughts and info till the libbies show up and start crying about all the butt hurt they get and the thread should be shut down..well then dont come to the thread and you wont be involved in any drama or snowflake melting...but as we well know the libtards of the world want to censor everything they dont like or cant control...

13. Likes thegary, ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    your wrong about value of the thread....heres an easy concept the cry babies cant comprehend..if you dislike a thread so much ..why do you constantly keep entering it and getting butt hurt? ..hell I hate heights, so im not going to take a job as a window washer on a high rise building then cry about having to work so far up..same concept with the political thread..dont open it up if you dont like it...
    there are plenty of us that have a civil exchange of ideas, thoughts and info till the libbies show up and start crying about all the butt hurt they get and the thread should be shut down..well then dont come to the thread and you wont be involved in any drama or snowflake melting...but as we well know the libtards of the world want to censor everything they dont like or cant control...
    Its amazing how if the libs can't control the narrative then they want stuff silenced. Happen over and over again.

15. Likes Hobbytime, ronsii, 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thegary View Post
    Its amazing how if the libs can't control the narrative then they want stuff silenced. Happen over and over again.
    just look what they did to loe dobbs...and it will continue ..

17. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It has run it's course. There's so much hate and arrogance it doesn't benefit anyone. It seems more like an experiment gone wrong. Maybe it's time the moderators re-evaluated it's usefulness?

19. Likes BD1, MinnesotaDave, jrporter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It has run it's course. There's so much hate and arrogance it doesn't benefit anyone. It seems more like an experiment gone wrong. Maybe it's time the moderators re-evaluated it's usefulness?
    My evaluation remains unchanged. It's a decent idea that turned into a garbage pit, dumping ground, name calling fest.
    Dave J.

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc

21. Likes BD1, whtbaron, jrporter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly! Just look at the comments in this thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly! Just look at the comments in this thread.
    and it still has the same dynamics..the libbies are butt hurt they cant control what they dont want to hear...if you despise the thread so much , then why do you keep coming back to it??? answer that..

Post Thanks / Like

In the past the thread has been reset when a new administration comes in. I will say I do not like the personal insult slinging but I also see value in having the thread. I also think people have control of what they read and if you do not like something you do not have to read it. The idea that because you do not like it that it should not exist is the way a small child thinks. I would like to see more control in people but I have no control over them . I will say that the existance of the political thread is only due to the freedom we have in the USA. In many other countries the governments would shut it down, it would not be up to the moderators at all. I for one want to keep that freedom and to be honest if it was taken away for the wrong reason I would have to think seriously about never coming back to WW. I like WW and would not take it lightly to leave but some things are important to stand for and the exchange of ideas not exclusive to me is one of them. I would like to think I add to the experience of WW and make an effort to do just that .

This thread has gotten way off the rails from its intent. I thought there might be a technical issue with the site that is the only reason I started it.
    Last edited by thegary; 02-13-2021 at 06:41 AM.

25. Likes Hobbytime, Joegreen02, ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    and it still has the same dynamics..the libbies are butt hurt they cant control what they dont want to hear...if you despise the thread so much , then why do you keep coming back to it??? answer that..
    My point EXACTLY and this isn't even the political forum. Pages and pages with the same garbage. If you have a different opinion you're scum and if you're from a different country you shouldn't be allowed to post. I kept thinking it might turn into an intelligent conversation but I was sorely mistaken. It's more like a bunch of internet bullies trying to force their views on anyone that disagrees with them. If you look at the name calling and cursing it's 95%+ from one side of the discussion. There are some that can have a respectful discussion and listen to other points of view but they are few and far between.

27. Likes BD1, jrporter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My point EXACTLY and this isn't even the political forum. Pages and pages with the same garbage. If you have a different opinion you're scum and if you're from a different country you shouldn't be allowed to post. I kept thinking it might turn into an intelligent conversation but I was sorely mistaken. It's more like a bunch of internet bullies trying to force their views on anyone that disagrees with them. If you look at the name calling and cursing it's 95%+ from one side of the discussion. There are some that can have a respectful discussion and listen to other points of view but they are few and far between.
    sometimes its not the message thats the issue but the delivery..when you start out bashing the orange man just because you hate him, that automatically will get the same back....and then it just goes down hill from there....yeah and I know it comes down to who started first..like what came first..the chicken or the egg......so new year new month.....start a level headed question or statement that doesnt start out inflammatory and see how it goes...it seems both sides of the coin can discuss civilly but that crossing of the sides gets bogged down.with the name calling..... and lets look at this thread on who threw the first insult....posts 3 to 6 started it and they are from your side of the coin..
    Last edited by Hobbytime; 02-13-2021 at 03:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    I don't blank out pages I disagree with. If I took it out, I'd say so and tell you why.
    i didnt think u were the only one. the guy w/ glasses (scott, i think), to best my memory, about half yr ago, a page blanked out for about a day, scott then made a post on following page, saying the previous page would be restored, as soon as he removes one of the posts. that caused me to think it was blanked cuz of unimpropiateness. then about a couple months ago, hobbytime was going at it more than usual w/ john t, after two two full pages , getting worse by the post, too beyond the point of immature sickening, the 3rd page got blamked. then n2 welding came on, and asked "what did they not want us too see". so i think it happens

Post Thanks / Like

Posts 3-6??? There's a big difference between in not liking a politician and personal attacks on people with a different opinion than yours. Maybe if the forum had some moderation but the first rule was it stayed in the political forum. Posters have already been warned when they carried it into other forums. I had someone register on a completely forum to try and discredit my posts over there. I'm sure it's because I had a different opinion in the political thread on here. 6 year old's could show more respect and discipline in a discussion than most of the name calling, cursing and arrogant posters in the political thread. It doesn't serve a useful purpose.

Post Thanks / Like

I think all have had their say, back to regular programming
    Dave J.

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc

32. Likes Joegreen02, ronsii liked this post
Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist