Thread: Free Dead Invertec V-350 Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Free Dead Invertec V-350 Pro

I bought a welder at auction last week and they threw in a Lincoln Invertec V-350 Pro that has a tag hanging off it that says "Bad circuit board, sell at auction" so I know it's clearly got issues. The cover had been removed, so I took it off and saw a couple of the plugs had been pulled from the control board. I can only assume they had a welding shop look at it and simply didn't want to spend any money fixing it.

If I understand Lincoln serial numbers, it looks like it's a 2014 machine, so not terribly old. I have exactly zero dollars in it, so I can't lose either way, but can't quite decide what I should do....take it to the local Lincoln dealer and pay them to run a diagnostic test? Put power to it and see if it gives off any codes? Something else? I'd hate to see it wind up in the scrap pile, but I obviously don't want to waste money.

Here are a couple of pics:

Name:  IMG_0885.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  128.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0886.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  137.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0882.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  95.7 KB
    Check out my bench vise website:
    http://mivise.com

Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Millermatic 350P with XR AlumaPro
    Miller Regency 200 with 22A feeder and Spoolmatic 3
    Hobart Champion Elite
    Everlast PowerTig 210EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Free Dead Invertec V-350 Pro

I am going to guess the control pcb has failed. and it lists for around $1200.
    But not the whole possible problem. you need to check the part number on the digital power supply. the pcb on the left side. If it is anything but G5632-2 it must be replaced at the same time. First test. get a dvm set to diode test and check the input diode. block on top covered in RTV. you can get to the terminals at the line switch and switch pcb. If diode tests ok then it should be safe to plug in the loose plugs.
    recommend you set the welder to 230 volts and only power it up on 230 volts.
    set cover over the welder and then turn the power on. my guess is the welder will not power up. after you know it will power up with out smoking or making sparks. turn power off and set cover aside. turn power back on a step back. stay away from the power switching pcb. on the left side the small pcb should have two LEDs. one on the left side and one on the right. If they turn on and the display is dark, control pcb is bad. PM me the machine serial number and code number. plus pull the control pcb and list the stickers on the edge. one will be V350 one starts with Sxxxxx-number. this is the parts number. I need the third one. It is the manufacture date of the pcb. If your serial number and this date are in the right range i might have a surprise. include your email in the message.

3. Likes Broccoli1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw the serial number in one of the pictures.
    IF welder still has the original pcbs. they may be covered under
    service note 201504002-3 and you can get both pcbs replaced for free. even this old. We did one just this month.
    You can go to Lincoln electric.com under support tab go to find parts. This will take you to the new service navigator. enter the code number. you will be able to down load the service manual and trouble shooting guide.
    Service notes are password protected. But if you want to try for this repair and want a copy to take to repair center, send me your email by private message.
    service shop has to be a Lincoln warranty center.

5. Likes 123weld liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ccawgc View Post
    Saw the serial number in one of the pictures.
    IF welder still has the original pcbs. they may be covered under
    service note 201504002-3 and you can get both pcbs replaced for free. even this old. We did one just this month.
    You can go to Lincoln electric.com under support tab go to find parts. This will take you to the new service navigator. enter the code number. you will be able to down load the service manual and trouble shooting guide.
    Service notes are password protected. But if you want to try for this repair and want a copy to take to repair center, send me your email by private message.
    service shop has to be a Lincoln warranty center.
    Thanks! I'm going to try spending some time on it this week. There's a warranty center near me where I get some of my bottles, so I may just have them take a look.

Bart
    Check out my bench vise website:
    http://mivise.com

Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Millermatic 350P with XR AlumaPro
    Miller Regency 200 with 22A feeder and Spoolmatic 3
    Hobart Champion Elite
    Everlast PowerTig 210EXT