+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preventing equipment theft

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Preventing equipment theft

We always had water dogs for fish bait when I was a kid, dad kept em in a 15 gallon wash tub that also watered our dog. There was a danged stray cat that was getting the water dogs & we go down to one left so dad got a piece of crusher screen that would straddle the tub and insulated it from the the tup, then he proceeded to "wire the tup to a 120 AC line, One wire to the screen & the other to the tub, That stinkin' cat managed to get the last waterdog, I guess he deserved it, dad was sure that cat would get more than a tickle! LOL
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

2. Likes 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 12V71 View Post
    My last Heeler bit a dumb 20 something chick at a mini mart, I came out to the girl holding her hand (no blood) and her dumber but huge boyfriend standing by the truck, a cop showed up followed by the animal control van. Not a good sign... The Sarge asked her what happened, "I reached in to pet the dog" was her reply. Game over. Animal control guy checked Ellie's rabies tag and said "Have a nice day".
    Big dumb dude wanted to keep talking until Sarge offered to charge barbie with attempted theft. That dog was smart though, I kept the windows higher after that and came out to a woman with a young kid around 18 months old saying "Say hi to the doggy", Ellie was just smiling and wagging her tail.
    You know..............it's all about the passage of time, and the thoughts. Dog passes, people pass..............ya know.

I demo'd the porch on the mobile home this last weekend. Didn't think too much about it. It was rotting, and endangering the mobile home. Had to cut it down.

I got done with it, and it hit me.

That damn place was where my parents lived, till they died. I built the porch with a ramp. It was used twice. Both times to take one of them out of there, and they never came back.

I got done with the demo, and had to sit down. It was a bad moment. Getting rid of that structure was the REAL end. After years, it brought it all home. They're gone, and that's that. It's over. Really got to me. K'kins will be facing the same thing in the near future. Her Mom is still alive, but in her 80's.

4. Likes 12V71, CAVEMANN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by farmersammm View Post
    You know..............it's all about the passage of time, and the thoughts. Dog passes, people pass..............ya know.

I demo'd the porch on the mobile home this last weekend. Didn't think too much about it. It was rotting, and endangering the mobile home. Had to cut it down.

I got done with it, and it hit me.

That damn place was where my parents lived, till they died. I built the porch with a ramp. It was used twice. Both times to take one of them out of there, and they never came back.

I got done with the demo, and had to sit down. It was a bad moment. Getting rid of that structure was the REAL end. After years, it brought it all home. They're gone, and that's that. It's over. Really got to me. K'kins will be facing the same thing in the near future. Her Mom is still alive, but in her 80's.
    I think I know exactly what you are saying, My mother is in her 80's too and starting to slide away a little at a time. Keeps me up at night some times. It's nice when the kids and grandkids can visit so I can get a view of the future. Got 5 good kids and 10 good grandkids.

6. Likes CAVEMANN, farmersammm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re the gps removal.

Odds are some kid that works at the rental place knows where the gps devices are.

I'd use as many ways as you can manage and hope they don't find them all

apple has these new little trackers, they piggyback off of iphone bluetooth, so they rely on having an iphone cellphone nearby to track

but that way, they don't need a power source.

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2021/...oduces-airtag/

8. Likes Meltedmetal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 12345678910 View Post
    Re the gps removal.

Odds are some kid that works at the rental place knows where the gps devices are.

apple has these new little trackers, they piggyback off of iphone bluetooth, so they rely on having an iphone cellphone nearby to track

OR, use the unconstitutional tax payer paid digital DOT highway boards/license plate readers/ road intersection cameras/smart lights/ city drones/etc etc that are used to surveil/track/moniter/listen/record law abiding american citizens, to work against common crime/theft. id like to see amber alerts for cat backhoes/trailers, not just a dad taking his own kid from his estranged wife
    Last edited by 123weld; 09-14-2021 at 06:13 PM.

10. Likes 12345678910 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 12345678910 View Post
    Re the gps removal.

I looked at the Milwaukee trackers closer and they look like the same as the apple thingies only different.

Same thing, use as many different systems as possible, but don't tell anyone about them, especially not employees or friends.
    maybe they are ok, but after you fire, divorce them whatever things change.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist