+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Airco: Trying to set up old Airco CV-450 and Miget Spool Gun - NEED MANUALS

Post Thanks / Like

Airco: Trying to set up old Airco CV-450 and Miget Spool Gun - NEED MANUALS

Hello. I have an old Airco CV-450 with a spool gun attached. The unit came from an aluminum boat welding shop (SeaArk), I am told. Does anyone have or can you point me to a manual for the Airco CV-450 welder? Would anyone have a manual or experience with the ESAB welder control shown in the pics? What function does it perform? And why might mine have a relay hanging out below it? Does anyone have a manual on these old Miget spool guns??

Airco CV-450
    Code 0627
    Serial RH101072
    Stock 1346-7017

-Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Engatty; 03-20-2021 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Need to add information.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Airco: Trying to set up old Airco CV-450 and Miget Spool Gun - NEED MANUALS

Have read where the Profax AEC 200 is the same as the Miget spool gun and they have a newer solid state model as well. The pic. showing the wire connections says Esab 08/93 so has been added at a later date. Machine looks to be made by Miller by the serial number and stock number. Most older spool guns required a control box to run them and that's what the Esab part is. Profax/Lenco can probably help you out.

https://lencocanada.com/files_500-03/500-3.pdf

https://images.platforum.cloud/uploads/file...ontrollers.pdf
    Last edited by Welder Dave; 03-20-2021 at 05:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I didn't think about contacting ProFax. I have this Profax control box. I think it drives a Solid State gun. You're right. Ask Profax Thanks. As many of these CV-450 welders as were produced, one would think that a manual would not be difficult to locate. There's one guy offering the manual and asking for a CC, but it seems too spooky for me.
    Name:  0220211342.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  105.3 KB

Post Thanks / Like

That's why I was confused. You posted in 2 different forums. Better to stick to one forum. Stock number especially makes me think the machine is made by Miller. Miller made some other machines for Airco as did a few different manufacturers. Try contacting Miller for a manual or if they can't help try Esab. Airco was sold off in several different ways including Lincoln getting some. Somewhere in storage I have a 1980 Airco catalogue that lists all the spool guns and controls. The Super Miget spool gun allowed for larger rolls of wire.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist