Thread: Airco: Trying to set up Airco CV-450 and Miget Spool Gun on a rotary phase converter

Post Thanks / Like

Airco: Trying to set up Airco CV-450 and Miget Spool Gun on a rotary phase converter

Any old-hats out there who can help me set-up this old Airco CV-450 and Miget Spool Gun? Was used in an aluminum boat factory (SeaArk). The spool gun is connected to an ESAB AHC-M/S control. It all came to me this way. There's a relay hanging beneath the control, just for fun. (I have pictured a second Profax control that I have available, but is not part of this setup.) I also need manuals for the welder, control, and spool gun. I'm trying to run all of this on a phase converter. Wire started feeding, but stopped after a few inches. I have unequal voltages between phases of my very old Kay 7.5 hp rotary phase converter. Yes, the T3 manufactured leg is on L3 of the welder. But I'm wondering if somehow the screwed-up voltages from the phase converter burned-up my spool gun feed motor....because the feed motor runs off the arc voltage?????

AIRCO CV-450
    Code 0627
    Serial RH101072
    Stock 1346-7017
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Airco: Trying to set up Airco CV-450 and Miget Spool Gun on a rotary phase conve

Posted a response but it has disappeared. AEC 200 Profax is the same as the Miget spool gun. Did you post in more than 1 forum? That just messes everything up. Welder appears to be made by Miller.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/file...ontrollers.pdf
    Last edited by Welder Dave; 03-20-2021 at 06:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Airco: Trying to set up Airco CV-450 and Miget Spool Gun on a rotary phase conve

I did. Sorry. Posted looking for manuals in another forum. Looking for electrical advice with phase converter here.