Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is Ronsii

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where is Ronsii

Quote Originally Posted by M J D View Post
    I'm aware of that. What I was getting at his, (ronsis) posts and others who regularly contributed no longer do. Because of that there has been a lot less activity in all aspects of the forum. Action equals reaction.
    That's always a possibility when changes are made.

Those that like the changes tend to respond privately by PM. They have outnumbered the ones who have negatively responded openly and publicly.
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Likes BD1, Munkul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnT View Post
    I never said or implied that there was any "secret banning" happening. I was addressing a comment that seemed to imply that Ronsii was banned and asked for details. I don't know why someone would bring up anyone else's departure when this thread is about Ronsii, so I assumed he was one of those "banned" members.

As for Hobbytime and Tackit, I've interacted with them both and never found their behavior particularly worrisome -- especially when compared to other members, some of whom were directly responsible for my ceasing participation in the political thread because of their immature and hateful behavior. And those other members are still here.

That's why I always take a close look when someone gets banned. I've been on a lot of forums where members fell afoul of a moderator who then found some way to justify the banning, making it look entirely above board for a TOS violation even when others are violating the same TOS regularly and seem to get a pass. Not saying that's what happened here, but I've seen it happen far too often and always consider it when such things come up.

Ronsii has always been polite and professional towards me and I've never seen him say anything here that I thought was beyond the pale. As such, I find it a bit off-putting that folks would take this opportunity to besmirch his character, implying that he was a trouble-maker or banned or whatever else. He's not here to defend himself.
    I have zero problems with Ronsii and his reasons are his own. None of my business.
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

4. Likes VaughnT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

WW was STUPID!!! to have a political rant section. Also, as usually happens, a site is taken over by 'old hands' some of which don't know s__t from soup. You only become a 'Master Welder' by the numbers of posts. Nice metric. Every single site that I've been involved with has suffered these miseries. It gets big and then degrades. "What welder should I buy?"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yofish View Post
    WW was STUPID!!! to have a political rant section. Also, as usually happens, a site is taken over by 'old hands' some of which don't know s__t from soup. You only become a 'Master Welder' by the numbers of posts. Nice metric. Every single site that I've been involved with has suffered these miseries. It gets big and then degrades. "What welder should I buy?"
    Seems to me that “What welder should I buy ?” would be a reasonable enough question to ask on a welding site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

7. Likes BD1, monsoon-mech, Munkul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    Seems to me that “What welder should I buy ?” would be a reasonable enough question to ask on a welding site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The question is not the problem.

The answers are.
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

9. Likes ccogg, VaughnT, Lis2323, arcflash liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Welding Web site might be in danger of crashing when ronsii returns and attempts to post his backlog of photos he must have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    :

11. Likes VaughnT, 12V71, whtbaron, Louie1961 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ronsii always seemed like a decent enough guy to me ... though I never venture down into the Basement (I know better)!

13. Likes VaughnT, Louie1961 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leightrepairs View Post
    Does anyone know what happened to Ronsii? Just curious as it has been a couple of weeks since he last posted.
    he might be working in his shop, or doing jobs in the daily world hopefully. i think he was spending "way" too much time on weld web/internet and posting/reading too much so called news. this type of thing is unhealthy, for a male, thats somewhat bright and capabable of going out and interacting w/ real people/society, on a almost daily basis. i think, it might be easy for some of us to fall into this unhealthy pattern sometimes. then u get away from this, and in the outdoors, and u awaken like, and realize or see it. so i think if/when he returns, he will more likely be refreshed w/ a more natural self discipline and he wont have his hobbytime to influence him in this state i'm talking about. thats my guess, anyway

Post Thanks / Like

Boy,123, you sure have a gentle way of beating up on a guy behind his back.
    Ol' Stonebreaker
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes"
    Hobart G-213 portable
    Miller 175 mig
    Miller thunderbolt ac/dc stick
    Victor O/A setup
    Makita chop saw

16. Likes VaughnT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Read it again, he didn't beat up on him in any way. You're reading into what he said so you can be judgmental.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't talked to Ronsii directly, but Sid was by with his twin brother "Starter".... word is they're all alive and well, which is a good thing. Don't worry... be happy....

Name:  we20_o.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  47.1 KB
    250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

Post Thanks / Like

I help monitor a Facebook page related to old cars, and when things even smell of going south, we delete, delete, delete. Any comments that attack the poster, political, religious , four letter words.... gone. Every once in a while someone complains that Facebook is censoring the site... it's not Facebook or any other big conspiracy. It's just people trying to avoid the drama of all the crap that gets going once it gets started, as here. Is that censorship? Not if it keeps the site on topic... because the petty drama has nothing to do with the intent of the site... here or on Facebook.
    250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

Post Thanks / Like

Ronsil is the best, I will definitely miss him if he is not coming back. I had been thrown off years ago, either over helium which I have been mixing since I was 16, or being against pulling MIG, looking back helium was not so strange or without a lot of uses. As far as pulling MIG many do it but I saw a couple of good guys lay what looked like great beads that were only attached to one side of a fillet weld, but it looked great.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

21. Likes Lis2323, whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 123weld View Post
    he might be working in his shop, or doing jobs in the daily world hopefully. i think he was spending "way" too much time on weld web/internet and posting/reading too much so called news. this type of thing is unhealthy, for a male, thats somewhat bright and capabable of going out and interacting w/ real people/society, on a almost daily basis. i think, it might be easy for some of us to fall into this unhealthy pattern sometimes. then u get away from this, and in the outdoors, and u awaken like, and realize or see it. so i think if/when he returns, he will more likely be refreshed w/ a more natural self discipline and he wont have his hobbytime to influence him in this state i'm talking about. thats my guess, anyway
    I can assure you all Ronsii is just fine and still spending time on the web. And no he didn't have a breakdown or anything like that Dr. 123weld.

CR

23. Likes 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking maybe he reached the maximum allowable "likes" give-able per time span and had to take a break...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrookedRoads View Post
    I can assure you all Ronsii is just fine and still spending time on the web. And no he didn't have a breakdown or anything like that Dr. 123weld.
    oh, it dont take no dr., to see that something is wrong with a grown adult, spends his time posting cartoons of funny faces back and forth with a hobbytime, everyday, and all throughout the day. that is beyond immaturity. saying thats unhealty as i said, is an understatement. and if u think "ronsi is just fine", maybe u ought to try drying ur head out for a while. it also didnt take no dr., to see this political thread that he indulged in all day/everyday, chumming and carrying w/ the silliest of silly (hobbytime) , needed to be eliminated. oh, he could hold a conversation about welding and repairs etc, just fine. but his dissapearance timed w/ the elimination of the goof off threads, l shows why he was here, and what was important to him. at least gary had enough class to say so long to his aquaintances.
    Last edited by 123weld; 03-30-2021 at 09:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 123weld View Post
    oh, it dont take no dr., to see that something is wrong with a grown adult, spends his time posting cartoons of funny faces back and forth with a hobbytime, everyday, and all throughout the day. that is beyond immaturity. saying thats unhealty as i said, is an understatement. and if u think "ronsi is just fine", maybe u ought to try drying ur head out for a while. it also didnt take no dr., to see this political thread that he indulged in all day/everyday, chumming and carrying w/ the silliest of silly (hobbytime) , needed to be eliminated. oh, he could hold a conversation about welding and repairs etc, just fine. but his dissapearance timed w/ the elimination of the goof off threads, l shows why he was here, and what was important to him. at least gary had enough class to say so long to his aquaintances.
    At least he was capable of punctuation and capitalization. Baby steps 123. Maybe you're being intentionally obscure but you need to leave that to a certain member name starting with "O" then. I still cannot understand and never will the crying about a political thread when the option is to view and respond to it or not. I suppose it's like a train wreck or an accident scene. Just gotta see it! Some comments in that thread were a bit over the top I will admit but in the end no one twisted anyone's arm to view the topic. That was a choice made by the individual. So it goes these days with an obvious supporter of the democrat party and their insanity. Meh, people.

27. Likes 12V71, VaughnT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i wasnt for eliminating the thread. i understand why they did though, for liabilty reasons. thread didnt bother me a bit. every street needs a gutter. the gutter keeps the main street/board cleaner. again, i had zero problem w/ thread, and was in it myself for a while. i also understand 100% why owner management got rid of it, and if i was in there position, id done the same. ii aint got a clue who "o" is, and what i'm saying is accurate and true. i aint here to give a eulogy, or a RIP sob story for ronsi. the original poet asked a question, and i gave a accurate answer. now looks like a couple people wanna get smart, so im responding a lil different attitude, but still all truth
    Last edited by 123weld; 03-31-2021 at 12:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Weldalittle View Post
    I was thinking maybe he reached the maximum allowable "likes" give-able per time span and had to take a break...
    lol, or "dislikes". i got 5 dislikes from ronsi one day. i then posted for him to try replying to me, instead of dislike button. he then sent a dislike to that post, to make "6 dislikes in one day"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Read it again, he didn't beat up on him in any way. You're reading into what he said so you can be judgmental.
    thats nice, short,sweet, accurate to the point, thanks texan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mla2ofus View Post
    Boy,123, you sure have a gentle way of beating up on a guy behind his back.
    i can see where u'd think that, as u were just more of a passive/timid follower like type ones in the politcal thread. if what ur saying were true (which it isnt), the person to go bark at the thread poet, as he would be the one to starting this behind ronsi back

Post Thanks / Like

Wgara
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

33. Likes Shootr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I liked that thread, read what I liked, didn't read other stuff and it made things livelier here. Made a nice change from "Miller vs Lincoln" threads; people with common interests talking around the coffee room table. If you didn't like a topic you stood up and left or (shudder) went on your phone. Or eat your lunch at a different table. It was all just words, (like the squawking of seagulls over a fish) and are soon forgotten.

Cancel culture claims another victim, methinks.
    Do not believe everything that you think.

35. Likes Fast Leroy, CrookedRoads liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xsbank View Post
    Well I liked that thread, read what I liked, didn't read other stuff and it made things livelier here. Made a nice change from "Miller vs Lincoln" threads; people with common interests talking around the coffee room table. If you didn't like a topic you stood up and left or (shudder) went on your phone. Or eat your lunch at a different table. It was all just words, (like the squawking of seagulls over a fish) and are soon forgotten.

Cancel culture claims another victim, methinks.
    I don't see it that way at all...

If there's a loud-mouthed jerk in the coffee room, and he goes from table-to-table spouting some conspiracy nonsense, why should I have to move to accommodate him??? He's a bully and is looking to start an argument wherever he goes simply for the attention. I shouldn't have to put up with that, I just want to relax and have a reasonable conversation!

Not once did I look at the "Political Thread" in Off-Topic. I knew who was there and what their purpose was. It was Troll Central

But, time and time again in that forums threads those trolls just had to pollute the atmosphere. In they swaggered, agenda in tow,,, and redirected the topics to their fun. And I think it was fun for theme, it was their Sport (but at everyone's else's expense!!!!)

That jerk even admitted he was doing it for his own self amusement. The Very Definition of a TROLL...

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    leave?..hell no this is some of the best entertainment....as the credit card commercial says..PRICELESS....beside its comedy central with some of your comments..how boring it would be if everyone was brainwashed the same..variety is the spice of life....and you know it....the political thread and other like it had alot of boxing fans to watch the chaos....but I can be bribed..set up a go fund me page to finance it...
    FK'em I don't miss that crap at ALL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BaTu View Post
    I don't see it that way at all...

If there's a loud-mouthed jerk in the coffee room, and he goes from table-to-table spouting some conspiracy nonsense, why should I have to move to accommodate him??? He's a bully and is looking to start an argument wherever he goes simply for the attention. I shouldn't have to put up with that, I just want to relax and have a reasonable conversation!

Not once did I look at the "Political Thread" in Off-Topic. I knew who was there and what their purpose was. It was Troll Central

But, time and time again in that forums threads those trolls just had to pollute the atmosphere. In they swaggered, agenda in tow,,, and redirected the topics to their fun. And I think it was fun for theme, it was their Sport (but at everyone's else's expense!!!!)

That jerk even admitted he was doing it for his own self amusement. The Very Definition of a TROLL...

FK'em I don't miss that crap at ALL
    Ronsi was nothing at all what you stated. It's funny how those that wanted the political thread gone didn't even participate in it. It's the same thing as the people who want things banned that doesn't affect them at all. These are the same miserable wretched people that live by the misery loves company BS. By that same logic the " stock market" and several other threads involving pets, guns vehicles and other things should be banned as well since I or others may be offended.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist