+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hobart Gr 303

Post Thanks / Like

Hobart Gr 303

I picked up an ole Hobart Gr 303 welder. 6 Cyl ford powered. Engine runs fine--problem is no arc from the welder? It is producing AC power at the power outlet. Getting around 115 volts of ac. But can not pull any kind of arc from the stinger? Checked both leads. checked for bad connections. Still cant get any kind of spark from the welder? I have read that this should have a self exciter on it? Is it possible to manually excite the fields to get the welder working? Also looking for user manual and wiring diagram for this welder. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hobart Gr 303

I believe i have the manual and wiring diagram. Have same one and it has the same problem. There were 2 different schematics if i remember right. The older one needed a switch to put some power into the stator to get it going and i think the later one self excited. It's been a while since i looked at the manual so i'm going from memory. I'm not sure where the manual is either so it might take me a while to find it.
    Miller Syncrowave 300(s)
    Miller 330 A/BP
    Miller CP-200 Haas / Kamp'd / CP-300 in process
    Miller Radiator 1
    Miller 30A /S-52E feeders
    Hobart GR-303

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist