+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plasma, I forgot, What does it do?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Plasma, I forgot, What does it do?

I sold a couple Plasma's with 180 degree machine torches to a company that is required to cut 3/8 and 1/2" stainless aircraft type cable. They hung them from the ceiling with screen door springs. They could cut and cauterize the cables with one swoop. I'd say this is less than .0005% of the market.
    Thermal Arc 320SP ( Lorch )
    Cobra Pythons
    Thermal Arc 300 AC/DC ( Sanrex )
    ESAB 301i AC/DC ( Lorch )
    Thermal Arc 161STL ( WTL )
    Thermal Arc 190S ( Sanrex )
    Cut Master 82, 42. Cut45 ( WTL )
    Victor Gas Apps.
    Boxes and boxes of welding crap.

2. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    90 degree torch, and long handle is pretty worthless for anything other then bench work.
    Don't tell these guys that https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oil-2-day.html

I'm not sure any scrapper would feel safe with a short handle torch. Head angles depend on what you're doing, and the access to the plate to be cut.

These guys, in the same part of the world, will be the ones recycling the Lithium batteries we, in the West, salve our conscience with in the chase for a carbon free world. Bogus, and total BS. They'll pay the price for the Martini Environmentalists in the big cities. These will be the guys knee deep in toxic chemicals while the AOC's of the world sip their wine.

Last edited by farmersammm; 04-10-2021 at 09:15 PM.

4. Likes 12V71, Willie B liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sammy,
    ever use a 90 degree torch on a frame of a truck with limited space?? There is a reason way torches are 70/75 degrees, 180, and 90 degrees. il like top buttons/bottom triggers with a 70 degree torch like a PT-31 or bottom triggerSL-40 etc.. tiny size, and versatile . Not sure how many torch styles you have used. Two I am guessing.. I had quite a few, and even a 15 degree torch. for gouging
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Viking 250 mig/2410 feeder
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

A little late to the party, but I thought this was worth sharing.

When you plasma cut a circle go counter clockwise. This is more important when running a cnc table but it helps in free hand too.

Also if you go too slow the dross will be really bad. If you go really slow the kerf will fuse back together. It helps to watch the arc departure angle on the bottom side. At least when practicing to get a feel for it. When cutting you want a slight trailing angle not straight.

Free handing plasma isn't as forgiving as oxy/fuel. Having the correct consumables for the material thickness helps big time.

Also with Hyperthem Powermax machines they automatically regulate the air pressure. I feed my 85 a constant diet of 120 psi. That eliminates any potential air supply issues.

Hope this helps someone

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist