Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new to me machine day partially anyway

Post Thanks / Like

Re: new to me machine day partially anyway

Congratulations. Throw up a lean-to and keep all the machines.

Have you seen Raymond Menendez (TheMetalRaymond) on youtube? No commentary, just one skilled dude in Spain working his horizontal mill.

Post Thanks / Like

finally all the stars alined and I made it back to montana to get the base of my mill. still need one more trip but it will be a run up there and run back last part can be loaded with forklift easily. this piece was 21000 lbs and had to be lifted off a sub base and rolled out of the building hopefully I can get the last piece next week and start figuring out where im going to put it in the shop.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

3. Likes whtbaron, 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They are fun to run.
    They great tool when need one.
    My self like ones where table does not rotate. The rotation is great paper but turn as you run the machine.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by idacal View Post
    I have been looking for a horizontal boring mill for a while and one finally came available about 350 miles away Im 2 trips into it and have 2 more to get it disassembled and hauled the good part is once its here I shouldn't run out of travels and table space for a while here is some pictures of the table of course a rain storm just came through. its cleaned up now, total weight will be around 40000 lbs but it was 13' wide so I had to disassemble it.