Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESAB Rogue 180i

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ESAB Rogue 180i

I do like the software my INE 1500 has for setting up generator output to match max output on the welder.. It's seems more advanced in not allowing poor quality generator power to even turn the machine on.. Most machines work fine on my Japan/MQ-6000 genny, but the two euro made machines have a fit with it.. Lorch/Esab throws a unknown code #, and the INE will not even allow itself to turn on.. Although probably my top 1 0r 2 stick units.. I would like to run the INE on a big inverter generator to see how it does..
    Esab/Lorch ET-220i
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal LM-200 Lincoln feeders
    Thermal Pee-Wee 85s
    Thermal 60i- 3phase /RPC powered (Beast)
    Thermal Drag-gun 35C
    INE 1500
    Klutch 140i

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
    I built a short extension cord to connect the Rogue to my 180i. I first tried 6010 at 100A and 120A. Works great. Then got out a 7018 and cranked the amps up. Ran great at 140A and 150A. At 180A the generator overload light came on. Tried it at 170A it ran but sounded overloaded. I think that about 160A is the max you can do when using the Honda EU7000ise (5500W continuous, 7000W peak) which is plenty for me
    I think I saw were they speced a 7500 watt generator for max output.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for letting us know how it worked out for you with the Honda generator. Hope it works out for you , looks like it will easily do 1/8" electrodes, and maybe some 5/32" 's. Thats nice a rig you have there, do you use the miller mig with the generator too ? I have a Honda eu6500 that I run my Lincoln mp210 with. I have gotten up to 160 amps mig welding with it no problems. I have been using Honda inverters for a while, and find them to be reliable, and efficient. If you get a chance Post some pic's when you finish a job.

Regards
    Airco 250 ac/dc Heliwelder Square wave
    Miller Synchrowave 180 sd
    Miller Econo Twin HF
    Lincoln 210 MP
    Dayton 225 ac/dc
    Victor torches
    Snap-On YA-212
    Lotos Cut60D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by albrightree View Post
    Thanks for letting us know how it worked out for you with the Honda generator. Hope it works out for you , looks like it will easily do 1/8" electrodes, and maybe some 5/32" 's. Thats nice a rig you have there, do you use the miller mig with the generator too ? I have a Honda eu6500 that I run my Lincoln mp210 with. I have gotten up to 160 amps mig welding with it no problems. I have been using Honda inverters for a while, and find them to be reliable, and efficient. If you get a chance Post some pic's when you finish a job.

Regards
    I have not ran the Miller Mig off of the Honda. I have run it and a Spectrum 625 plasma off of the Bobcat If my 1.5 hp air compressor came on when I was using the plasma the Bobcat would struggle .
    The 625 failed about two months ago so I replaced it with a Cutmaster. Works fine but doesn't cut as fast as the Miller did; however since I am retired I am in no hurry..

Post Thanks / Like

Just got mine today and I'm very impressed. That little box blows away any dialarc or idealarc I've every used and is as smooth as a xmt or 350 pro Lincoln pro. Haven't used the lift arc except for putting a rod in the stinger and duplicating iniaticiating the arc and that seemed very similar to millers lift arc.

Post Thanks / Like

ESAB Rogue 180i

All my small engines get strictly non oxygenated 91 gas. Especially if itís a seasonal engine like my snowblower. I also stabilize my gas prior to laying it up for the off season.
    You canít let a small carburetor gas engine sit unused for extended periods of time these days with the ethanol blended crap 87 gas thatís out there. It has to be started up and ran up to temp on a regular basis to keep fuel problems at bay.

I have several pieces of Honda equipment. Rancher 4wheeler, inverter generator, motor bike for the kids. This Honda equipment is one exception o the bad gas excuse. Generally speaking, my Hondaís donít care about the gas. They run, theyíre a Honda.
    Jason
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Torchmate CNC table
    Thermal Arc Hefty 2
    Ironworkers Local 720

Post Thanks / Like

I did some more welding with the new Rogue. Still impressed. Got a 50' roll of #6 today and will make a 20-25' stinger lead and a new 15' ground lead.

I then experimented with running my Cutmaster 40 and air compressor off of my Honda EU7000is. I have several small compressors. One has a 1.5 hp motor and when I used to use it with my Spectrum 625 if it came on when I was using the plasma it would bog down the Bobcat so I knew it was a no go. So I tried my Bostich pancake compressor. First of all it can't produce enough air unless it runs constantly, then if I ran more than 30A on the plasma it bogged down the Honda and the overload light was flickering.
    I could put my oxy fuel rig in the bucket on my tractor and pull the Honda on it's trailer behind the tractor but I prefer my plasma. So for now will keep the Bobcat for the few times that I do need a mobile rig. I sold the cows and hay equipment a few years ago but have the place rented out. The renter is supposed to maintain the fences but you know how that is.. LOL
    I have found a place local that sells non ethanol so will start running it

Post Thanks / Like

The modern little lunch box welders kick serious but that's for sure. Plasma + air compressors is a massive electricity hog; you'd need quite the generator for that combo.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

HTP Invertig 400
    HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300
    HTP ProPulse 200 x2
    HTP ProPulse 220MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

Post Thanks / Like

An option to some folks that may NOT have access to non-ethanol gas is Avgas. Your local airport will sell you a few gallons if you ask nicely and tell them what your intentions are. The issue is there is lead (Pb) in the fuel but it's stable for years. Check your plugs often for build up and don't stick your head near the exhaust.. Duh

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty strong praise there... It will 6010 like an xmt ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelo c View Post
    Pretty strong praise there... It will 6010 like an xmt ?
    Yes it will. With the arc force, hot start and dedicated 6010 mode it runs them every bit as good as a xmt 304. Haven't used lift tig on mine yet but burned about 25 lbs of 1/8" 6010 and 3-32,1/8 and 5/32 7018 with no issues

12. Likes angelo c liked this post