+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hobart TR-250HF help needed

Post Thanks / Like

Hobart TR-250HF help needed

My friend has a Hobart TR-250 HF single phase welder. Weld repair shop indicated that the electrical contactor (operated by the foot pedal) is going bad and that there are no Hobart replacement parts available. Does any one know of a non-Hobart substitute? And does anyone have a parts manual and/or electrical diagram.

Thanks in advance for any help.

( tried to post in New Member Introduction section but got 404 error page not weld.)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hobart TR-250HF help needed

?? Take the old one apart,, figure out what it does,, adapt an available one to do a similar function ??

It can not be difficult, there are only a few ways these things can be built,,,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anonwelder View Post
    My friend has a Hobart TR-250 HF single phase welder. Weld repair shop indicated that the electrical contactor (operated by the foot pedal) is going bad and that there are no Hobart replacement parts available. Does any one know of a non-Hobart substitute? And does anyone have a parts manual and/or electrical diagram.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    There are several threads about manuals for this very machine, and seems a few members have a .pdf copy of manuals, but most are somewhat older threads. They'll definitely need the serial number to know if the manual is for your machine.

If you remove the wrapper from the machine it should have a copy of the wiring diagram glued to a panel.
    Check out my bench vise website:
    http://mivise.com

Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Millermatic 350P with XR AlumaPro
    Miller Regency 200 with 22A feeder and Spoolmatic 3
    Hobart Champion Elite
    Everlast PowerTig 210EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SweetMK View Post
    ?? Take the old one apart,, figure out what it does,, adapt an available one to do a similar function ??

It can not be difficult, there are only a few ways these things can be built,,,

I was able to purchase a copy of the manual. Call me lazy or ? but I was hoping someone had already figured out a good non-hobart replacement. At my age, I hate trying to reinvent the wheel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anonwelder View Post
    I was able to purchase a copy of the manual. Call me lazy or ? but I was hoping someone had already figured out a good non-hobart replacement. At my age, I hate trying to reinvent the wheel.
    I don't think it's a good idea at any age!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist