+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ArcFlat Welding Table

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

ArcFlat Welding Table

I bought one. Liked it so much, I bought another. https://www.langmuirsystems.com/arcflat

Sure beats my self-made uneven table. The clamps and etc from Strong Hand tools make assembly so much quicker.

Together the tables weigh about 320 pounds. Added casters and can roll it around with one hand. Very happy with this.

Langmuir is local to me - saved $200 on shipping.

Was in a hurry to set the first table up and use it, so I bought the leg set. I needed to shorten the legs and add casters to match the table height of other benches/tables in the garage. The legs are 3" square tube. When I cut them down, the wall thickness was was only 7 mm and the inside of 3 of the legs were rusted. They do seem to support the weight, however I would make them myself if I was to do it again.

With the first table I bought, the holes were too small on the top. Not wanting to exchange it, I drilled them out to 5/8". Probably not the most elegant solution as opposed to reaming them (no reamer), but the clamps and etc seem to work fine as they operate on a bind system. The holes on the sides of the table are sloppy at around .041" in diameter plus or minus. The second tables holes in the top are fine. The holes in the sides are the same as the first table. Am not sure if the holes in the sides will present a problem. So far, haven't needed to use them.

I purchased their special bolt kit to join the tables together. I carefully followed their instructions and double checked the setup before injecting the fast set epoxy and clamping the bolts down. Where the tables join, they aren't totally horizontal about the last 9" of the seam. Shee... It's very slight - maybe 1/32" at most and not really a problem to me so far (I put that part of the table to the back). A chunk of aluminum bar stock 1 x 2 x30" set across the tables show the joined tops as flat. Am not sure if I messed up in assembly, but think it's a machining issue. One table edge "slopes" off starting about 3" from it - about the width of the machining bit.
    Last edited by robert-r; 04-17-2021 at 02:10 PM.
    Millermatic 255
    Everlast Typhoon 330
    Ready Welder I
    Hypertherm 30XP

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ArcFlat Welding Table

I need to correct a few items in the original post since I can no longer edit it: The wall thickness of the square tubes was .070" not 7 mm. The holes in the sides (random sampling) range from .0629 to .0641" in diameter - not .041" diameter.
    Millermatic 255
    Everlast Typhoon 330
    Ready Welder I
    Hypertherm 30XP

3. Likes VaughnT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am thinking of buying an arcflat table. but i need to be able to roll it around in my garage. has anyone added casters to this table? if so, can you tell us how you did it? i am not sure if i should use casters with a post (threaded) or if i should weld on plates so i can bolt on the casters. any suggestions? recommendations on casters? can you provide some pics of your caster installations?

it seems to me the table is priced reasonably and fixturing should help with my weld projects. any feedback is appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I used these: https://www.amazon.com/tonchean-Leve...167176&sr=8-16

They work very well. Can easily roll the table (on cement) with one hand. Gotta keep the floor clean - they don't like welding bb's etc.
    Millermatic 255
    Everlast Typhoon 330
    Ready Welder I
    Hypertherm 30XP

6. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

robert-r, thanks for the feedback. i ordered a single table 24 x 36 and the legs. once i get it i will give more thought to what kind of casters i want to use on it. your choice is interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

did you give thought to step down casters? step on them to raise the table on wheels and lift them to set the table back on the floor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opa View Post
    I am thinking of buying an arcflat table. but i need to be able to roll it around in my garage. has anyone added casters to this table? if so, can you tell us how you did it? i am not sure if i should use casters with a post (threaded) or if i should weld on plates so i can bolt on the casters. any suggestions? recommendations on casters? can you provide some pics of your caster installations?

it seems to me the table is priced reasonably and fixturing should help with my weld projects. any feedback is appreciated.
    Here's my 2 cents : weld some 3/8" plate to the bottom of the legs. Then drill and tap some holes to bolt the casters on. Bonus points if you can add some jam nuts to the bolts.

Sent from my Lincoln Buzzbox using Tapatalk
    Sent via smoke signals using my Lincoln buzzbox

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 52 Ford View Post
    Here's my 2 cents : weld some 3/8" plate to the bottom of the legs. Then drill and tap some holes to bolt the casters on. Bonus points if you can add some jam nuts to the bolts.

I think what 52 "meant" to say was drill and tap the plate before welding to the bottom of the legs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    :

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    I think what 52 "meant" to say was drill and tap the plate before welding to the bottom of the legs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Words is hard.

12. Likes Lis2323, NotaVegetarian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been debating the purchase of one of these tables but in my research I haven't been able to find anything about the thickness of the tabletop. Can you provide an measurement?

TIA

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Robert-R I am not sure of the need for the third hand assembly when you are clamping directly on the table???
    DIY CNC Plasma table USB BOB Price THC
    Hypertherm 65
    Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
    Miler 180 Mig
    13" metal lathe
    Mill/ Drill
    ECT, ECT,

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a nice *** table. Kudos.
    Lincoln 330MPX
    Lincoln Power Mig 256
    Lincoln LN-25X Wire Feeder
    Lincoln AC/DC 225
    ¼ Ton of Torches OFC-A/OFG-A
    Air Carbon Arc Gouging
    CAC-A
    Lincoln Tomahawk 1000
    Ingersoll Rand T-30-14hp-25cfm
    Instagram: #Freebird Welds

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acourtjester View Post
    Robert-R I am not sure of the need for the third hand assembly when you are clamping directly on the table???
    2nd ground to the welder so it doesn't arc to the table top?
    250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
    2nd ground to the welder so it doesn't arc to the table top?
    Not sure about that. Hasn't happened so far. fwiw - I keep a smashed braid of 12v battery wire between the work clamp and the table.
    Millermatic 255
    Everlast Typhoon 330
    Ready Welder I
    Hypertherm 30XP

18. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by projectPONY View Post
    I've been debating the purchase of one of these tables but in my research I haven't been able to find anything about the thickness of the tabletop. Can you provide an measurement?

TIA

It's approximately 3/8" thick. It's a sand cast table and the underside is rough. Not a problem for me, but ball lock pins don't work.
    Millermatic 255
    Everlast Typhoon 330
    Ready Welder I
    Hypertherm 30XP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robert-r View Post
    It's approximately 3/8" thick. It's a sand cast table and the underside is rough. Not a problem for me, but ball lock pins don't work.
    Thanks for the response. Can you elaborate on why the ball lock pins don't work? I Assuming it's the thickness, or lack there of, of the table.

Last edited by projectPONY; 12-16-2021 at 12:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by projectPONY View Post
    Thanks for the response. Can you elaborate on why the ball lock pins don't work? I Assuming it's the thickness, or lack there of, of the table.

They need a smooth surface on the underside of the table. Also, it's the thickness of the table.
    Millermatic 255
    Everlast Typhoon 330
    Ready Welder I
    Hypertherm 30XP

Post Thanks / Like

They need a smooth surface on the underside of the table. Also, it's the thickness of the table.
    Gotcha

Post Thanks / Like

Nice table
    My line of work was to big for tables.
    If lucky it fit on horses and shim the work or horses to be leave. Other time for larger work 4x4 on ground.
    The only plus was a rake for cleaning the ground.

I bought one. Liked it so much, I bought another. https://www.langmuirsystems.com/arcflat

Sure beats my self-made uneven table. The clamps and etc from Strong Hand tools make assembly so much quicker.

Together the tables weigh about 320 pounds. Added casters and can roll it around with one hand. Very happy with this.

Langmuir is local to me - saved $200 on shipping.

Was in a hurry to set the first table up and use it, so I bought the leg set. I needed to shorten the legs and add casters to match the table height of other benches/tables in the garage. The legs are 3" square tube. When I cut them down, the wall thickness was was only 7 mm and the inside of 3 of the legs were rusted. They do seem to support the weight, however I would make them myself if I was to do it again.

With the first table I bought, the holes were too small on the top. Not wanting to exchange it, I drilled them out to 5/8". Probably not the most elegant solution as opposed to reaming them (no reamer), but the clamps and etc seem to work fine as they operate on a bind system. The holes on the sides of the table are sloppy at around .041" in diameter plus or minus. The second tables holes in the top are fine. The holes in the sides are the same as the first table. Am not sure if the holes in the sides will present a problem. So far, haven't needed to use them.

I purchased their special bolt kit to join the tables together. I carefully followed their instructions and double checked the setup before injecting the fast set epoxy and clamping the bolts down. Where the tables join, they aren't totally horizontal about the last 9" of the seam. Shee... It's very slight - maybe 1/32" at most and not really a problem to me so far (I put that part of the table to the back). A chunk of aluminum bar stock 1 x 2 x30" set across the tables show the joined tops as flat. Am not sure if I messed up in assembly, but think it's a machining issue. One table edge "slopes" off starting about 3" from it - about the width of the machining bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have any ideas on building some legs to make the table able to tilt?

25. Likes 52 Ford liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pbclax1 View Post
    Does anyone have any ideas on building some legs to make the table able to tilt?
    I'm working on an idea for that very concept for my dual Certiflat 4'x3' tables (essentially 4'x6'). I'm going with a very, very heavy base that has a small foot-print so that I'll be able to tilt the table and be able to roll it out of the way instead of permanently giving up 24 ft² of valuable floor space when I don't need to use it.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

Post Thanks / Like

-Dave
    XMT304 with: 22A Feeder, or HF251 Hi Freq DC TIG air cooled

28. Likes Lis2323, whtbaron, 52 Ford liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Somebody posted one a while back that slid up tight against the wall when not in use as well, and folded down onto retracting legs when horizontal.
    250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
    Somebody posted one a while back that slid up tight against the wall when not in use as well, and folded down onto retracting legs when horizontal.
    Something like this would make for a pretty sweet "fold away" table. Maybe get 2 or 3 pairs of them. The 16" version said 550Lb load cap. I'm sure they're talking about 550lb to make it fail and they don't have any safety factor there.

https://www.amazon.com/Folding-Shelf...815&psc=1&th=1

You push a tab in to release the latch. Maybe get some 1/4" or 3/8" rod and weld it across the tabs to tie them all together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    I'm working on an idea for that very concept for my dual Certiflat 4'x3' tables (essentially 4'x6'). I'm going with a very, very heavy base that has a small foot-print so that I'll be able to tilt the table and be able to roll it out of the way instead of permanently giving up 24 ft² of valuable floor space when I don't need to use it.
    That sounds awesome and exactly what I’m going for. I’ve been trying to work out how to make the pivot point since there isn’t a centered hole on the table to use and the ribs on the inside look to be right in the way to drill your own.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist