Thread: Miller Dialarc HF foot pedal won’t control amps

Post Thanks / Like

Miller Dialarc HF foot pedal won’t control amps

Hello, my Dialarc hf 250 foot pedal won’t control the amps, starts the arc just fine but won’t go up or down when I press the pedal. I can take it off remote control and everything works good, also noticed the rheostat getting hot, is that supposed to happen? I have checked everything I know and can’t find anything wrong. It’s an older machine ser# jc649879.
    Any idea what is going on 🤷🏼

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Miller Dialarc HF foot pedal won’t control amps

Rheostat should get hot. For the remote control to work the panel control should be up over 50%. on the remote control plug, A and B is the contactor, C,D and E is the rheostat in the foot control. On the front of the welder measure C and D with a voltmeter. Should be a DC voltage that changes with the panel setting. If you have th 14 pin receptacle. The older machines have two plugs. 2 pin and 3 pin.
    The 3 pin is the current control. Measure from the ground pin. in panel mode on pin will be dead, switch to remote and the dead pin should have voltage. If you can't read any voltage at the receptacle the panel/remote switch should be bad.
    You can ohm test the foot control. Ground green pin to brass (yellow) is variable
    Green to copper (red) fixed resistance. around 15 ohms.